Windows 10: My laptop hotspot is not working

Discus and support My laptop hotspot is not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There seems to be an issue with my hotspot as after update my laptop hotspot has stopped working. Im am connected to internet through ethernet. However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tulikap, Aug 3, 2018.

1. tulikap Win User

My laptop hotspot is not working

There seems to be an issue with my hotspot as after update my laptop hotspot has stopped working. Im am connected to internet through ethernet. However even after trying multiple times the hotspot is not turning on and it doesn't even show any error. Kindly help me fixing the issue.

:)

tulikap, Aug 3, 2018

2. My laptop's hotspot is not working.

Hi,

There are different factors that contribute as to why you're not able to use your laptop as a mobile hotspot. This could be caused by the type of hardware in your laptop or the settings currently set in your laptop for the hotspot. For us to resolve your
    concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Under Settings
      My laptop hotspot is not working 1aa3d06a-ed04-4695-a624-a84f5bec8a0e.png

> Network & Internet, do you see an option labeled Mobile hotspot?
    • If you do see the option for Mobile hotspot in the
      Settings app, have you attempted to use the built in application to turn your laptop into a hotspot?
    • Were there any error messages when you attempted to connect other devices to your laptop's hotspot?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed on your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 3, 2018
  4. My laptop hotspot is not working

best way to use laptop internet as hotspot?

Hello,

My wifi router isnt working rightnow but internet is working by lan cable in laptop directly.

How can i use my laptop as wifi hotspot and use wifi in my mobile phone?

thx.

freebird_9924, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

My laptop hotspot is not working

1. My laptop hotspot is not working - Similar Threads - laptop hotspot working

2. My laptop hotspot in not working whenever i connect my laptop hotspot it showing change you...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop hotspot in not working whenever i connect my laptop hotspot it showing change you...: Hotspot connection in not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-hotspot-in-not-working-whenever-i/8e007859-687f-4541-9988-b5eb04a63598
  3. My laptop hotspot in not working whenever i connect my laptop hotspot it showing change you...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop hotspot in not working whenever i connect my laptop hotspot it showing change you...: Hotspot connection in not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-hotspot-in-not-working-whenever-i/8e007859-687f-4541-9988-b5eb04a63598
  4. Laptop's hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's hotspot not working: When I connect my mobile to Laptop's hotspot it shows "no data connection". Pleaae provide me the solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptops-hotspot-not-working/d38a10dc-d9e3-4b68-bd28-3b1c4657d6a8
  5. Laptop's hotspot not working

Laptop's hotspot not working: When I connect my mobile to Laptop's hotspot it shows "no data connection". Pleaae provide me the solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptops-hotspot-not-working/d38a10dc-d9e3-4b68-bd28-3b1c4657d6a8
  6. My hotspot is not working on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hotspot is not working on my laptop: Up until last night my laptop was working on my mobile hotspot but today morning suddenly it's not loading anything. It says connected and has internet access but nothing is loading. However my friend's hotspot is working perfectly on my laptop....
  7. My hotspot is not working on my laptop

My hotspot is not working on my laptop: Up until last night my laptop was working on my mobile hotspot but today morning suddenly it's not loading anything. It says connected and has internet access but nothing is loading. However my friend's hotspot is working perfectly on my laptop....
  8. Laptop hotspot is not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop hotspot is not working?: I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop and it is connected to the internet by LAN, it is the university dorm's network. I needed wifi for my other devices iPhone and iPad, so I turned on hotspot from my laptop. But none of my apple devices can connect to it. I tried using my friend's...
  9. Laptop hotspot is not working?

Laptop hotspot is not working?: I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop and it is connected to the internet by LAN, it is the university dorm's network. I needed wifi for my other devices iPhone and iPad, so I turned on hotspot from my laptop. But none of my apple devices can connect to it. I tried using my friend's...
  10. laptop mobile hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    laptop mobile hotspot not working: I have a Dell inspiron laptop with windows 10 installed. A have a broadband connection connected with ethernet cable to my laptop. I was trying to turn on hotspot in my laptop to use it as a router. I did all the processes but was not succesful in using the hotspot in my...