Windows 10: My laptop internal display is connected to "Microsoft basic display adapter" and I cannot...

Discus and support My laptop internal display is connected to "Microsoft basic display adapter" and I cannot... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; gpu: nvidia geforce GTX 1060 / 6gbcpu: intel i7-6700HQI have tried every possible solution I could find but none have worked. One interesting thing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dawson morey, May 25, 2023.

1. My laptop internal display is connected to "Microsoft basic display adapter" and I cannot...

gpu: nvidia geforce GTX 1060 / 6gbcpu: intel i7-6700HQI have tried every possible solution I could find but none have worked. One interesting thing is that when I plug my computer into a monitor via hdmi then it will use my nvidia gpu and run much better.so in the advanced display settings display 1 will always be "connected to microsoft basic display adapter" and when plugged into another monitor it will have display 2 connected to my nvidia graphics card.- My display drivers and windows are fully updated- in nvidia control panel I have set my "preferred graphics processor" to "high-performan

:)

dawson morey, May 25, 2023

2. microsoft basic display adapter

VGN-FS570, clean install from xp to win 10 having a problem the graphic display, only seeing microsoft basic display adapter, not getting the full screen of the display, cannot change the adapter, tried
    to install adapter, not supported by your device

the problem is cannot change microsoft basic display adapter, not getting full screen on display, also seeing a yellow arrow on the adapter in device manager, was able to get full screen when using win xp. how do i fix this problem,
    I have tried numerous technique without success

CurtisClaxton, May 25, 2023
  3. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Unable to Connect

We have just purchase a Framework laptop with a 12th Generation Core i5 processor and we are unable to connect to any of our several Microsoft Wireless Display V2 adapters. We have connected with several other laptops with different processors and hardware perfectly happily but with this laptop I press Ctrl + K and the display adapter shows up in the list, I click connect and the display in question shows connecting, it then just spins and fails to actually show anything and eventually times out.

I can see that the adapter appears as a Miracast device in device manager and I have tried the following and rebooted several times:

• Changing the Wireless Band
    • Resetting the Adapter
    • Tried with a different adapter
    • Updating the Adapter Firmware (now on the latest)
    • Updating the drivers from Intel's site for:
      • The Bluetooth Controller (Intel Wireless Bluetooth) (Version: 22.160.0.4)
      • The WiFi Adapter (Intel WiFi 6E AX210) (Version: 22.160.0.4)
      • The Intel Iris Xe Graphics (Version: 31.0.101.3413)
    • Removing and adding the device again
    • Adding Exceptions to the firewall for Wireless Displays
    • Turning off the Firewall altogether (We have no additional antivirus running)
    All of this exhibits the same behaviour it seems to do everything except actually display on the screen and I can see no strange exceptions in the event logs that would suggest something is going wrong.

Is there something I am missing?

Carl Taylor EOLP, May 25, 2023
  4. My laptop internal display is connected to "Microsoft basic display adapter" and I cannot...

microsoft display adapter

Hi Joe,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

I suggest you to update the display adapters as below and check if it helps.

• Right Click Start button and choose Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapters
    • Right Click Intel Display Driver and choose update driver software
    • Windows should automatically start downloading and installing new driver
    • Try and connect to Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 25, 2023
Thema:

My laptop internal display is connected to "Microsoft basic display adapter" and I cannot...

1. My laptop internal display is connected to "Microsoft basic display adapter" and I cannot... - Similar Threads - laptop internal display

2. My laptop internal display is connected to "Microsoft basic display adapter" and I cannot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop internal display is connected to "Microsoft basic display adapter" and I cannot...: gpu: nvidia geforce GTX 1060 / 6gbcpu: intel i7-6700HQI have tried every possible solution I could find but none have worked. One interesting thing is that when I plug my computer into a monitor via hdmi then it will use my nvidia gpu and run much better.so in the advanced...
  3. My laptop internal display is connected to "Microsoft basic display adapter" and I cannot...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop internal display is connected to "Microsoft basic display adapter" and I cannot...: gpu: nvidia geforce GTX 1060 / 6gbcpu: intel i7-6700HQI have tried every possible solution I could find but none have worked. One interesting thing is that when I plug my computer into a monitor via hdmi then it will use my nvidia gpu and run much better.so in the advanced...
  4. microsoft basic display adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft basic display adapter: microsoft basic display adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display-adapter/c3f88116-72f2-480d-93dc-9b37b5c4b807
  5. microsoft basic display adapter

microsoft basic display adapter: microsoft basic display adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display-adapter/c3f88116-72f2-480d-93dc-9b37b5c4b807
  6. Microsoft Basic display adapter

Microsoft Basic display adapter: Hi folks,first of all I wanna say I know this question has been asked a lot but after many tries I still haven't found a fixAfter updating my drivers with driver booster and a restart I noticed my NVidia drivers were replaced with "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"I have tried...
  7. microsoft basic display adapter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft basic display adapter: VGN-FS570, clean install from xp to win 10 having a problem the graphic display, only seeing microsoft basic display adapter, not getting the full screen of the display, cannot change the adapter, tried to install adapter, not supported by your device the problem is cannot...
  8. Microsoft basic display adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft basic display adapter: The name of GPU is not shown in device manager, it's showing MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER. And when I try to upgrade GPU DRIVERS it's told best drivers are already installed. And Nvidia installer cannot continue is also being written when I try to install it by Nvidia...
  9. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: I have a GTX 1050ti but device manager shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter i tried updating it but it didn't work i tried updating my OS to Windows 10 but it still shows "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" i tried plugging my graphics card to other computers it works but it...
  10. Microsoft basic display adapter.

Microsoft basic display adapter.: The driver is the default that I use along side my amd display driver. I recently updated my graphics driver, and it got rid of the microsoft one. Now I am not able to change my brightness. I checked device manager and it is not there. I tried to add legacy hardware but it...