Windows 10: my laptop is a China import. Is there any way I can have a tpm module installed in it at a...

Discus and support my laptop is a China import. Is there any way I can have a tpm module installed in it at a... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my laptop is a China import. Is there any way I can have a tpm module installed in it at a local shop? or would I have to buy an American made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Perfecta, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Perfecta Win User

my laptop is a China import. Is there any way I can have a tpm module installed in it at a...

my laptop is a China import. Is there any way I can have a tpm module installed in it at a local shop? or would I have to buy an American made motherboard?

:)

Perfecta, Aug 11, 2021
  2. pantho Win User

Bitlocker - TPM - China

We've had our IT guy in China check and Windows cannot communicate with TPM on any of the machines in China.

Dell also confirmed TPM was removed during manufacturing. Obviously not a microsoft issue, but annoying still.

pantho, Aug 11, 2021
  3. pantho Win User
    pantho, Aug 11, 2021
  4. Rohn007 Win User

my laptop is a China import. Is there any way I can have a tpm module installed in it at a...

Bitlocker - TPM - China

Having encryption in China is really vital. But the Chineese government is REALLY against it. This is a personal opinion, but I would not be surprised to learn that the Gov't there had forbidden sale of computers with TPM chips. I suspect you will have
    to import the computers, and that probably will introduce it's own adventure.

You really should contact Dell directly to find out.

And doing an onsite trial is the best confirmation either way.

Rohn007, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

1. my laptop is a China import. Is there any way I can have a tpm module installed in it at a... - Similar Threads - laptop China import

2. No TPM module is detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No TPM module is detected: Hello!!I am attempting to reinstall Windows 11 however I am told that I do not have TMP 2.0. To bypass that I have created the registry edit that should bypass that. That did not work. Then I checked in my BIOS to see if TPM is enabled however in the BIOS I am told that no...
  3. No TPM module is detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No TPM module is detected: Hello!!I am attempting to reinstall Windows 11 however I am told that I do not have TMP 2.0. To bypass that I have created the registry edit that should bypass that. That did not work. Then I checked in my BIOS to see if TPM is enabled however in the BIOS I am told that no...
  4. Can I have a way to install windows 11 without secure boot and tpm 2.0I don't have any tpm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I have a way to install windows 11 without secure boot and tpm 2.0I don't have any tpm: Can I have a way to install windows 11 without secure boot and tpm 2.0I don't have any tpm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-have-a-way-to-install-windows-11-without/0f884b96-b780-4c21-be7d-edb7cb950ff4
  5. Can I have a way to install windows 11 without secure boot and tpm 2.0I don't have any tpm

Can I have a way to install windows 11 without secure boot and tpm 2.0I don't have any tpm: Can I have a way to install windows 11 without secure boot and tpm 2.0I don't have any tpm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-have-a-way-to-install-windows-11-without/0f884b96-b780-4c21-be7d-edb7cb950ff4
  6. Cannot Find TPM Module for my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Find TPM Module for my Laptop: I currently own an Inspiron 15R 5521 Laptop running Windows 10 at 64-bit and to update it to Windows 11, I need the TPM module enabled. I have scoured the net and have found various pages telling me how to enable this, but I cannot see the option in my BIOS. I also can't find...
  7. Cannot Find TPM Module for my Laptop

Cannot Find TPM Module for my Laptop: I currently own an Inspiron 15R 5521 Laptop running Windows 10 at 64-bit and to update it to Windows 11, I need the TPM module enabled. I have scoured the net and have found various pages telling me how to enable this, but I cannot see the option in my BIOS. I also can't find...
  8. Cannot Find TPM Module for my Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. I have just placed a TPM module on my Motherboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have just placed a TPM module on my Motherboard.: Having just plugged in a TPM module to my Motherboard, is there any configuration I should make, to allow this device to properly work in the environment of my own computer?...
  10. Edge, Is There Any Way To Import My Firefox History

in Browsers and Email
    Edge, Is There Any Way To Import My Firefox History: Hello All, I guess that the title says it all. I want to try Edge but I have all of my settings and history stored in Firefox. Some sites that I visit regularly I don't even know my password anymore. I would to just like to migrate everything over to Edge if it is...