Windows 10: My laptop is acting like a desktop. Compound issue; please help.

Discus and support My laptop is acting like a desktop. Compound issue; please help. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently purchased a refurbished Microsoft Surface Laptop 3. This laptop came with an upgraded processor compared to what was in it when it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Christian Kraemer, Jan 26, 2023.

1. My laptop is acting like a desktop. Compound issue; please help.

I have recently purchased a refurbished Microsoft Surface Laptop 3. This laptop came with an upgraded processor compared to what was in it when it was new. My issues initially started with getting recurrent BSOD with stop code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL saying that what failed was ntoskrnl.exe. I had been getting constant blue screens with this same error for a couple weeks before it eventually became impossible to do work. So... I decided in haste to do a complete reset that deleted all my files and was set to re-install win11 locally. During the reset process, the laptop ended up getting stuck

:)

Christian Kraemer, Jan 26, 2023
  2. jdz7t8 Win User

Buying a new laptop or desktop for gaming [help]

I want to buy either a new laptop or a new desktop for gaming. I want to run games smoothly and maybe even use it for some ps2 emulation. Could someone suggest either a laptop or desktop? I heard Alienware is expensive and over-rated. I was also told Sager laptops are good for gaming. I have about $1000-$1500 to spend on a new machine. Initially I was going to get a laptop but it seems like I would be able to get a more powerful desktop for the same price or less. Please advise. Please suggest a model/brand [desktop/laptop] that I could purchase because I don't think I know enough about computers to build one from scratch.

jdz7t8, Jan 26, 2023
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Jan 26, 2023
  4. My laptop is acting like a desktop. Compound issue; please help.

ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

My laptop is acting like a desktop. Compound issue; please help.

1. My laptop is acting like a desktop. Compound issue; please help. - Similar Threads - laptop acting desktop

2. The keys on my Keyboard are acting up please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keys on my Keyboard are acting up please help.: The keys are all functioning as things they're not supposed to function as. The spacebar acts as a volume up and tab key, when I watch videos, the volume up button rewinds, and the volume down button rewinds. Additionally, the enter button on the bottom right corner is...
  3. The keys on my Keyboard are acting up please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The keys on my Keyboard are acting up please help.: The keys are all functioning as things they're not supposed to function as. The spacebar acts as a volume up and tab key, when I watch videos, the volume up button rewinds, and the volume down button rewinds. Additionally, the enter button on the bottom right corner is...
  4. The keys on my Keyboard are acting up please help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. On my laptop delete key acting like it stuck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my laptop delete key acting like it stuck.: Hi Team, On my laptop which is Windows 11 Pro 22HZ delete key acting like it stuck, but when I see it's not. It's deleting texts or whatever items focused on or clicked on like files, or emails in inbox it is deleting straight away. It's happening after installing updates on...
  6. On my laptop delete key acting like it stuck.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On my laptop delete key acting like it stuck.: Hi Team, On my laptop which is Windows 11 Pro 22HZ delete key acting like it stuck, but when I see it's not. It's deleting texts or whatever items focused on or clicked on like files, or emails in inbox it is deleting straight away. It's happening after installing updates on...
  7. My laptop is acting like a desktop. Compound issue; please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is acting like a desktop. Compound issue; please help.: I have recently purchased a refurbished Microsoft Surface Laptop 3. This laptop came with an upgraded processor compared to what was in it when it was new. My issues initially started with getting recurrent BSOD with stop code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL saying that what failed...
  8. Multiple compounding issues with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple compounding issues with Windows 11: Hopefully someone can help as I'm not sure where to go with this, most of the small issues were annoying but easy enough to ignore on their own but now they're getting to the point that I can't even use my PC properly anymore. Microsoft store is in a current state of unable...
  9. PLEASE HELP! My control key is acting up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PLEASE HELP! My control key is acting up: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/l_richa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkx0v7/please_help_my_control_key_is_acting_up/
  10. Does laptop act like a monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does laptop act like a monitor?: I want to connect my xbox to laptop with HDMI but my laptop didn’t show anything, anything can do my laptop make like a monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-laptop-act-like-a-monitor/f4ccb631-30d9-46ed-b482-d607219c630d