Windows 10: My laptop is asking for My "New" password

Discus and support My laptop is asking for My "New" password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, i have a problem, my Hp pavilion touchsmart b153sg updatedbti recent Windows 10 version isn't granting me access to my computer, this is a very old... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tynxleolaa, Feb 29, 2020.

1. My laptop is asking for My "New" password

Hi, i have a problem, my Hp pavilion touchsmart b153sg updatedbti recent Windows 10 version isn't granting me access to my computer, this is a very old laptop and it belonged to my brother and he passed it onto me, he couldnt remember his password but he could remember his Picture password and thats what i've been using all this while with no problem whatsoever, earlier today i was working on my laptop and i had to run an errand , i left it for about 3-4 hours and when i came back it was on sleep mode so i tried to log in using the same picture password i have all been using the whole time, all of a sudden it showed an error code saying " Your picture password enrollment contains an old password. Please sign in with your new password", can someone please help me with a solution because i am sure i didn't put in a new password and no one touched it while i was gone.

:)

tynxleolaa, Feb 29, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Feb 29, 2020
  4. silkstone Win User

My laptop is asking for My "New" password

Which laptop should I buy with budget within 1000USD?

Really, you should be getting a list of laptops you like the look of, narrowing it down and then asking on here which is best.

Asking people for suggestions really doesn't work well as most people only have experience with 1-2 laptops at a time.

Searching all the shopping sites and creating a list for you is a lot of work.

You need to do the work and we can help with the rest.

silkstone, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

My laptop is asking for My "New" password

1. My laptop is asking for My "New" password - Similar Threads - laptop asking password

2. My laptop is not asking for my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not asking for my pin: Hello,I set my power options -- see below -- so that my screen should turn off and my laptop close down after one minute, but my laptop is not asking for my pin in order to turn back on. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I wonder if an open program, such as sticky notes, may...
  3. My laptop is not asking for my pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is not asking for my pin: Hello,I set my power options -- see below -- so that my screen should turn off and my laptop close down after one minute, but my laptop is not asking for my pin in order to turn back on. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I wonder if an open program, such as sticky notes, may...
  4. New computer is asking for a password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer is asking for a password.: My kids received laptops yesterday that were brand new but when they turned them on the computers say Owner and is requesting a password. I have no clue why it’s asking for that on brand new laptops....
  5. New computer is asking for a password.

New computer is asking for a password.: My kids received laptops yesterday that were brand new but when they turned them on the computers say Owner and is requesting a password. I have no clue why it’s asking for that on brand new laptops....
  6. Reseted my PC my laptop asks me for my password, after putting my password a blank screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reseted my PC my laptop asks me for my password, after putting my password a blank screen...: I tried logging in with safe mode put i can't.My laptop didn't fully reset.My laptop will only be in safe mode with the command prompt option, but doesn't have the search button to repair the "The profile user has failed"....
  7. Reseted my PC my laptop asks me for my password, after putting my password a blank screen...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reseted my PC my laptop asks me for my password, after putting my password a blank screen...: I tried logging in with safe mode put i can't.My laptop didn't fully reset.My laptop will only be in safe mode with the command prompt option, but doesn't have the search button to repair the "The profile user has failed"....
  8. Reseted my PC my laptop asks me for my password, after putting my password a blank screen...

9. Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password: So I reset my laptop and now it's asking for a password that I didn't even put up. Is there any USB bootable software through which I can remove the password submitted by /u/Ojash5 [link] [comments]...
  10. New laptop asking for password!

in Windows 10 Customization
    New laptop asking for password!: Hi i recently bought an Acer aspire and way setting it up today. I got it all set up and was playing around with it. I turned off the password as im the only person using it and its not leaving the house. It went through and the computer said there was no password. All good....