Windows 10: My Laptop is Automatically Waking from Hibernate Draining Battery

Discus and support My Laptop is Automatically Waking from Hibernate Draining Battery in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; One of the recent updates (BIOS, Thunderbolt, Windows) has caused my Lenovo Carbon X1G6 to automatically resume from hibernate each day. The PC wakes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mike Droid, Dec 28, 2018.

1. My Laptop is Automatically Waking from Hibernate Draining Battery

One of the recent updates (BIOS, Thunderbolt, Windows) has caused my Lenovo Carbon X1G6 to automatically resume from hibernate each day. The PC wakes from hibernate due to a system scheduled task at 05:30 and then enters sleep mode, leading to battery drain. It does not re-enter hibernate mode.

I am positive this never used to happen. When I put my PC into hibernate I expect it to stay that way until I turn it back on. It could be days/weeks before I need to, so for the PC to auto-wake and then enter sleep mode, draining power is wrong.

How do I stop the PC auto-waking from hibernate? Don't expect me to disable all of the system scheduled tasks, they are there for a reason.

I have all of the latest Lenovo, Intel & Windows updates, including the Lenovo USB selective suspend patch. I am running Win 10 Pro 1809.

My Laptop is Automatically Waking from Hibernate Draining Battery dd2023c0-7f2f-4818-934b-f685e426c533?upload=true.png

:)

Mike Droid, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Bonzo 76 Win User

Battery drain in sleep and hibernation

Since a clean installation of Win 10 my laptop battery has begun to completely drain overnight when in sleep or hibernate modes. It is ok when powered off so I suspect the battery is ok.

Any suggestions?

Bonzo 76, Dec 28, 2018
  3. mqsm999 Win User
    Battery draining to zero on hibernate windows 10

After upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1 pro my laptop's battery is draining very much on hibernate. Sometimes it don't wake up from hibernate without connecting power cord even when battery is not zero percent.

I have upgraded w/o clean install. i have checked all the drivers and everything was fine. please help.

mqsm999, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Keager Win User

My Laptop is Automatically Waking from Hibernate Draining Battery

Battery drains while on sleep mode.

even mine has a slow battery drain, using Win 8.1. Even when powered off, not in sleep or hibernate, but off. It still uses the battery to keep the clock going.
    Turn off fast start, as suggested, hibernate over sleep as it uses less power, and if you aren't going to use it for several hours, shut it off.

Keager, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

My Laptop is Automatically Waking from Hibernate Draining Battery

1. My Laptop is Automatically Waking from Hibernate Draining Battery - Similar Threads - Laptop Automatically Waking

2. Battery dies as soon as laptop wakes up from sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery dies as soon as laptop wakes up from sleep/hibernation: I am at a loss, my laptop can be at full charge, and if it falls asleep or is hibernated, and woken up even a minute later, after booting up, the battery is completely drained. I have no idea why. The battery maintains its charge normally, and can be used for a long time....
  3. Battery dies as soon as laptop wakes up from sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery dies as soon as laptop wakes up from sleep/hibernation: I am at a loss, my laptop can be at full charge, and if it falls asleep or is hibernated, and woken up even a minute later, after booting up, the battery is completely drained. I have no idea why. The battery maintains its charge normally, and can be used for a long time....
  4. Battery dies as soon as laptop wakes up from sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. laptop battery capacity drain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop battery capacity drain: I bought a laptop late august this year and noticed my battery capacity suddenly dropped almost to 50 percent its previous capacity in just a days charge.. Going back i can remember i plugged it on my bed and forgot it charging so it over charged like 2 hours at 100 percent...
  6. laptop battery capacity drain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop battery capacity drain: I bought a laptop late august this year and noticed my battery capacity suddenly dropped almost to 50 percent its previous capacity in just a days charge.. Going back i can remember i plugged it on my bed and forgot it charging so it over charged like 2 hours at 100 percent...
  7. laptop battery capacity drain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop wakes from Hibernate

Laptop wakes from Hibernate: I know this problem has been posted many times before, but I have yet to see any answers that help me, and I hope that I will, as this is increasingly frustrating. I have an Asus Zenbook UX434FLC and am using the option to Hibernate when I press the Power button. However,...
  9. Battery is drained is hibernate\sleep on Windows 10 laptop

Battery is drained is hibernate\sleep on Windows 10 laptop: Hey My Windows 10 laptop battery is drained overnight when it goes to hibernation, and sometimes when it goes sleep\hibernate\screen is turned of - it cant be woken up screen is black and nothing is responding- only option is to force shutdown by long pressing power button...
  10. Battery drain in hibernation

Battery drain in hibernation: I have my laptop set to hibernate after I press my power button when I have finished using it for the moment. After a recent update, I have noticed that there seems to be a drain on my battery after I have put the pc in hibernation. The battery will have more than 50% power...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update waking laptop and then killing battery

2. LAPTOP STARTS AUTOMATICALLY IN MORNING FROM HIBERNATION