Windows 10: My Laptop is BACK.....But Something Is Up With The Sound

Discus and support My Laptop is BACK.....But Something Is Up With The Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop is now working, apart from sound. It makes its noise when I fiddle with it but I think one or more speakers were disconnected and not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NathanWigintonOK, Feb 27, 2019.

1. My Laptop is BACK.....But Something Is Up With The Sound

My laptop is now working, apart from sound. It makes its noise when I fiddle with it but I think one or more speakers were disconnected and not reconnected, but that may not be the case. Grr. Frustrated. They swapped the main board and HDD (that was broken too) but mustn't have done the sound speakers properly. Anything we can do at home because we very recently got it back from the last repair?

Change category if it's not correct

:)

NathanWigintonOK, Feb 27, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue My Laptop is BACK.....But Something Is Up With The Sound :p

cadaveca, Feb 27, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Feb 27, 2019
  4. My Laptop is BACK.....But Something Is Up With The Sound

Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

My Laptop is BACK.....But Something Is Up With The Sound

1. My Laptop is BACK.....But Something Is Up With The Sound - Similar Threads - Laptop Something Sound

2. Backing up my WIndows 7 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up my WIndows 7 Laptop: I need to back up my WIndows 7 laptop. I want to do it using an External Hard Drive. However, my only option is to back it up to a Network. Is there any way I can back up to the External Hard Drive? I am not computer savvy and have no clue what the Network is or what the sign...
  3. Backing up my WIndows 7 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backing up my WIndows 7 Laptop: I need to back up my WIndows 7 laptop. I want to do it using an External Hard Drive. However, my only option is to back it up to a Network. Is there any way I can back up to the External Hard Drive? I am not computer savvy and have no clue what the Network is or what the sign...
  4. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My sound driver or something is completely messed up.: I about had it with this laptop of mine. All because of the stupid inconvenient sounds. Don't know if it is the driver or what is it.List of problem:1. Cannot use mic simultaneously- This happens mainly with my earbuds with a connected mic. Most of the time the mic doesn't...
  5. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound driver or something is completely messed up.: I about had it with this laptop of mine. All because of the stupid inconvenient sounds. Don't know if it is the driver or what is it.List of problem:1. Cannot use mic simultaneously- This happens mainly with my earbuds with a connected mic. Most of the time the mic doesn't...
  6. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Restoring back the sound of my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restoring back the sound of my laptop: hey, how do i fix the sound of my laptop which goes off just like that, i tried troubleshooting still yet to rectify the problem. i'm using windows 11 pro. Thank you....
  8. MY laptop sound turn off and the back on automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MY laptop sound turn off and the back on automatically: Hi I am New Here so Sorry if this question does not fall into this Catagory I tried to find the sound category but there is non now to the problem, I have Elitebook 8560w and i and using window 10 but laptop speaker turn off and on automatically it like one second its on...
  9. Laptop dead with no back up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop dead with no back up: Hi all, my laptop has given up on me and I didn't use one drive or back up my data. Is there any way I could access my data through Microsoft account or other means? Other than having to take out the hard drive cause that cancels my warranty apparently...
  10. backed up and backing up my laptop which has windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backed up and backing up my laptop which has windows.: if windows 7 is backed up on my D: drive, and it took all of that drive, can I use several flash drives or sd cards to put all or some of the backed up information on? I also need to back up things that are in windows 10. File, folders, pictures, videos, documents in all...