Windows 10: My laptop is became slow and nearly unusable after the version 2004 update.

Discus and support My laptop is became slow and nearly unusable after the version 2004 update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday like any other update notification, a notification said there is a new feature update. So without thinking much I updated it. It took like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Troy_Watamaniuk, Jun 17, 2020.

1. My laptop is became slow and nearly unusable after the version 2004 update.

Yesterday like any other update notification, a notification said there is a new feature update. So without thinking much I updated it. It took like two hours to install. After the reboot, my laptop is barely working. I don’t think it’s the specs cause I got good enough specs to run it. But now, I can’t even open decent apps and even windows explorer is giving a hard time. Takes a lot of time to reboot. Is there any solution?

:)

Troy_Watamaniuk, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Jessen P Win User

Laptop is running very slow

Hi Thomas,

What all troubleshooting steps have you performed?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I would request you to execute the System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if there is any improvement in the speed of laptop.

To perform common maintenance tasks in Windows, such as cleaning up unused files and shortcuts, try using the System Maintenance troubleshooter to automatically find and fix problems. For example, the System Maintenance troubleshooter looks for unused files
    and shortcuts that you can clean up or remove so that your computer can run faster.

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

• Click on System Maintenance option.

• Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Please revert if you face any issues with slow speed of laptop.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jun 17, 2020
  3. COMPUTIAC Win User
    Laptop functioning unusably slow after abrupt outage

You can run Crystal Disk Info to check your HDD.
    Download Center - Crystal Dew World

Download, Extract and run the Portable version, on the right side in the pic below.

My laptop is became slow and nearly unusable after the version 2004 update. [​IMG]

Be sure to choose either the 32 or 64 bit version to run.

My laptop is became slow and nearly unusable after the version 2004 update. [​IMG]

When its finished it will show info like this.

Post a pic of what it shows for yours.

COMPUTIAC, Jun 17, 2020
  4. nico27 Win User

My laptop is became slow and nearly unusable after the version 2004 update.

Laptop functioning unusably slow after abrupt outage

Ok here you go.

My laptop is became slow and nearly unusable after the version 2004 update. df223d67a36217302ee00b08686ea8a9.jpg

nico27, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

My laptop is became slow and nearly unusable after the version 2004 update.

1. My laptop is became slow and nearly unusable after the version 2004 update. - Similar Threads - laptop became slow

2. My laptop became so slow after an optional windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop became so slow after an optional windows 10 update.: My laptop spec cpu i3 7th and 4 ram gpu intel hd 620The laptop is not even consuming half of my ram and so slow to process any thing i can't even open the startup button without waiting like 10 min and it crashes I tried all possible solutions 1-using cmd and press scannow...
  3. My laptop became so slow after an optional windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop became so slow after an optional windows 10 update.: My laptop spec cpu i3 7th and 4 ram gpu intel hd 620The laptop is not even consuming half of my ram and so slow to process any thing i can't even open the startup button without waiting like 10 min and it crashes I tried all possible solutions 1-using cmd and press scannow...
  4. My laptop became so slow after an optional windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PC became so slow its unusable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC became so slow its unusable.: So my PC was running fine up until last week. All of a sudden I went to turn it on, when it starts up it is too slow and laggy to do anything. I can't even open my settings. Is this a Virus or is there some other problem?...
  6. PC became so slow its unusable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC became so slow its unusable.: So my PC was running fine up until last week. All of a sudden I went to turn it on, when it starts up it is too slow and laggy to do anything. I can't even open my settings. Is this a Virus or is there some other problem?...
  7. PC became so slow its unusable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My laptop became damn slow after feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop became damn slow after feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 installed: Hi, Am owning a HP laptop and below are its configuration,Device name LAPTOP-QPAAEHB4 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 11.9 GB usable Device ID 7624A9BA-F201-4EC4-BC6E-A425A72E42F0 Product ID 00325-96170-52504-AAOEM System type...
  9. My laptop became unusably slow from nowhere, help me please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop became unusably slow from nowhere, help me please: My laptop is an Acer Aspire 3 A315-42-R4TR-1 and I uptaded windows to the most recent version some days ago, everything went smooth at first but then from one day to another it became slow, super slow, like it was extremely hard to even use because any action could take over...
  10. My gaming laptop became so slow after the update, help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My gaming laptop became so slow after the update, help.: Whenever I open a window, it freezes, the taskbar doesn't work properly, I can't click the shut down button, I am not sure what to do, and whenever I play I have stutters and problems for some reason. submitted by /u/Omar-Whatever [link] [comments]...