Windows 10: My laptop is eating data as I connect to internet what should I have to do

Discus and support My laptop is eating data as I connect to internet what should I have to do in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop is eating data as I connect to internet what should I have to do. I have only 1.5 gb gb day via WiFi.. after that my internet speed is slow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by winkigreen, Jul 10, 2019.

1. My laptop is eating data as I connect to internet what should I have to do

My laptop is eating data as I connect to internet what should I have to do. I have only 1.5 gb gb day via WiFi.. after that my internet speed is slow

What should i have to do to stop it from consuming data..

:)

winkigreen, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Nath Bea Win User

HTC 7 Mozart mobile not connecting to internet

Hello,

If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi or use the Mobile Data on your HTC 7 Mozart device, we suggest that you follow the steps given on
    Lumia troubleshooting and repair. After each step, check to see if your issue has been fixed.

• For issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks, select Connectivity > My phone has problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, then follow the suggested steps provided.

• And for issues connecting to the internet using a mobile data connection, select
      Connectivity > I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection. Make sure to select the next options given if the problem persists.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jul 10, 2019
  3. akhlaq768 Win User
    Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

Trying to connect to the Internet using my Laptop. (not via the wireless router, but through the Ethernet cable)

My existing PC is connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable, which is connected to the Broadband Modem (Virgin).

What I have tried to do, is take the Ethernet cable from my PC and connect it to the Laptop... Unfortunately, the Laptop isnt connecting to the Internet...

I have tried repairing the Network, with no success.

I am using the same cable, which was connected to the PC...

I do get error messages, when I click on repair in the Network Connection Tab. Its says it cannot assign an IP address.

I am Using Windows XP Home Edition.

I've tried using the Ping via cmd ping localhost or 127.0.0.1

I get the following results -

Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0(0%0)

Also done the following -

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab.
    4. Under Dial-up and VPN Settings, click the broadband connection, click Settings, and then click Automatically detect settings.
    5. Click OK.

..... with no luck

What do I do guys?

akhlaq768, Jul 10, 2019
  4. My laptop is eating data as I connect to internet what should I have to do

how to access laptop from other laptop by internet remotely

Method – 1 : AdHoc Network
    Here I am Using Two Laptops say ‘Laptop-1’ and ‘Laptop-2’ for sharing the Data.Therefore First of all we need to Configure both the Laptops One by One as illustrated below.

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to boost and Increase your internet speed

Setting Up Laptop – 1
      • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 1’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name as shown below in the Image.
      My laptop is eating data as I connect to internet what should I have to do 1.jpg
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Now You need to Configure your TCP/IP Settings to Assign the IP Address to the Laptop.
    • Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.2
    My laptop is eating data as I connect to internet what should I have to do 2.jpg

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Setting Up Laptop – 2
    • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 2’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name.
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Next Open ‘Wireless Network adapter’ Properties.
    • Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1
    My laptop is eating data as I connect to internet what should I have to do 3.jpg

Note- Carefully Enter the Above Details Remember the IP Address should be different for both the Laptops.

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Now Open Your Network Adapters and Connect.Also You can Use Map Network Drive to Share the Files or Folder as shown below in the Image.
    My laptop is eating data as I connect to internet what should I have to do 4.jpg

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to Write in English Without Mistakes : SmartEdit

Method – 2 : Using IP Messenger – Simple and Easy
    This is the Best Method to Connect two Laptops or Computers for sharing the Files.You just need to Download and Install IP Messenger on Both the Laptops or Computers and You are all Done.How to Transfer Data Using USB Cable

• Set the IP address of one Laptop to be 192.168.0.x(x can be any value between 0-255) and set the another computer IP address 192.168.0.y(y can be any value between 0-255)
    • Make sure that value of x doesn’t match value of y it should be different (For Example set IP 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)
    • Now Run IP Messenger and You will see the Connected Devices in the List
    • Now You just need to Drag and Drop the Files that you want to Share
    • Accept the Files from the Other Computer and You are all Done

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

My laptop is eating data as I connect to internet what should I have to do

1. My laptop is eating data as I connect to internet what should I have to do - Similar Threads - laptop eating data

2. I can’t connect to internet with my laptop it says it can’t connect to internet what should...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t connect to internet with my laptop it says it can’t connect to internet what should...: When I click the button that you can connect with in any internet that I click even without asking the password it says cannot connect what should I do?...
  3. I can’t connect to internet with my laptop it says it can’t connect to internet what should...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t connect to internet with my laptop it says it can’t connect to internet what should...: When I click the button that you can connect with in any internet that I click even without asking the password it says cannot connect what should I do?...
  4. I can’t connect to internet with my laptop it says it can’t connect to internet what should...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. What should I do with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do with my laptop?: I don't know where to start, actually. We updated my brother's laptop which is HP Pavilion 14 - Windows 8 to Windows 10. It's been a long time since my brother use it as he's busy working. At first, we install the updates we saw on settings until he decided to update it to...
  6. What should I do with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do with my laptop?: I don't know where to start, actually. We updated my brother's laptop which is HP Pavilion 14 - Windows 8 to Windows 10. It's been a long time since my brother use it as he's busy working. At first, we install the updates we saw on settings until he decided to update it to...
  7. What should I do with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. What should i do to have good internet connection on my PC with no built in wifi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What should i do to have good internet connection on my PC with no built in wifi?: I have google wifi in my house but im using an Ethernet adapter on my PC with no built in wifi and for the most part it works fine but during night itll get really slow sometimes and it isn't my wifi cause itll be fine on my phone etc. And i have a realtek USB wifi adapter...
  9. my laptop doesnt have an administration what should i do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop doesnt have an administration what should i do?: my laptop doesnt have an administration what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administration/0fcf0dbe-a6f1-47d3-98a2-1e0c8d951dbe
  10. What kind of internet connection do I have?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What kind of internet connection do I have?: I want to have Advanced SystemCare Ultimate to optimize my network settings but I don't know what connection type I should put that I have, he options the program gives are: LAN, DSL, FIOS, or Wireless? there isn't a 'cable' option. I have Time Warner Cable cable...