Windows 10: MY laptop is freezing when its booting up

Discus and support MY laptop is freezing when its booting up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; MY laptop is freezing when its booting up what can i do to resolve this problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Houshang Ghadiri, Sep 6, 2020.

1. MY laptop is freezing when its booting up

MY laptop is freezing when its booting up

what can i do to resolve this problem?

:)

Houshang Ghadiri, Sep 6, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Sep 6, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

1. MY laptop is freezing when its booting up - Similar Threads - laptop freezing booting

2. My windows 11 laptop keeps freezing up during booting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 11 laptop keeps freezing up during booting.: My ASUS laptop keeps freezing while booting. This doesn't happen always though. More like, once in 2 days. The following is the usual booting process for my windows:1. I press the power button2. GRUB menu shows up to select the OS, since mine is a dual booted system.3. Then I...
  3. My windows 11 laptop keeps freezing up during booting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 laptop keeps freezing up during booting.: My ASUS laptop keeps freezing while booting. This doesn't happen always though. More like, once in 2 days. The following is the usual booting process for my windows:1. I press the power button2. GRUB menu shows up to select the OS, since mine is a dual booted system.3. Then I...
  4. windows 10 hanging and freezing when booted up

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 hanging and freezing when booted up: i am a user windows 10 but whenever i start it by entering the login password the window keeps hanging again and again the start menu does not respond and "this pc" takes at least 20 seconds to open please tell a solution to my problem : : the windows is up to date it is not...
  5. My computer freezes on boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer freezes on boot up: My computer freezes when I try to boot it up, even when I try to go and troubleshoot it it goes straight to automatic repair and freezes, I tried to reset it before but it just didn’t work any solutions? Also when it goes into automatic repair the screen goes black and a cmd...
  6. Explorer freezes up when clicking on files, and also not starting up when my computer boots up.

Explorer freezes up when clicking on files, and also not starting up when my computer boots up.: Specifications: Ryzen 5 3400G 3.70 GHz RX 580 8 GB Gigabyte A320M - S2H 240 GB SSD Windows 10 20H2 This issue started happening around 2-3 days ago, I booted up my computer and for some reason explorer wouldnt start up, and not even the desktop appeared. I have to wait for...
  7. On-screen keyboard pops up when my laptop boots up.

On-screen keyboard pops up when my laptop boots up.: When my laptop boots up, the on-screen keyboard shows up. The on-screen keyboard also shows up when I allow programs to make changes to my computer (after the prompt goes away). How could I disable this? Ive tried turning it off in ease of access but it didnt help. Thanks!...
  8. Spyhunter 5 is freezing my laptop immediately after boot up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spyhunter 5 is freezing my laptop immediately after boot up: I downloaded spyhunter thinking I needed it but now evertime right after boot up my laptop freezes. It think it's caused by spyhunter because it's the only thing running. It just shows the startup of spyhunter and in small ‘loading definitions’ but I can’t do anything. The...
  9. laptop slows down and freezes when its charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop slows down and freezes when its charging: I have a HP stream laptop Windows 10. Whenever I plug it in to charge if I use it while its charging it begins to slow down and freeze. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-slows-down-and-freezes-when-its-charging/a4ae6e32-3a85-4f53-8a18-89b6f6d6faff
  10. hp laptop booting up and freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hp laptop booting up and freezing: my WIN 10 HP laptop boots.up slowly, then will take me to my desktop. desktop icons load but Simple Sticky Notes which I have on my desktop do not load. Then.everything freezes. I do have a mouse cursor which moves freely but I can not click on anything. Keyboard is...