Windows 10: My Laptop is frozen in "Hibernating"

Discus and support My Laptop is frozen in "Hibernating" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday I was using my laptop then when I was using Messenger, it said "No More Memory, please end a task" and so I looked at the taskbar and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zawhawk, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Zawhawk Win User

My Laptop is frozen in "Hibernating"

Hello, yesterday I was using my laptop then when I was using Messenger, it said "No More Memory, please end a task" and so I looked at the taskbar and most of it was an app from system32 called "audiodg.exe" I then proceeded to end it and then I Shut it Down. After that, when I woke up, no app except the folder would open, I revisited System32 Audiodg and then it seemed normal but when I clicked another exe accidentally, it then said "ERROR 0xc0000142" I then saw a tutorial stating that I should open regedit and do something but regedit froze and refused to close even when I used cmd. it also said that I should use cmd and verify the integrity but it said that it was fine. Another tip said that I can switch users to see if the other one is working perfectly and then copy and paste the files, however, it had to hibernate to open the other account, it is still stuck in the hibernating screen. Im using my phone to post this, please help asap cause I have lots of schoolwork. If I couldn't fix it, how can I transfer my files and possibly save them because I have many things that I have worked hard with and old files such as word docs and pictures. Please, I ask, could Microsoft or my Computer Company (Acer) fix this or do I have to do something drastic and lose everything?

:)

Zawhawk, Nov 15, 2019

2. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 frozen 'hibernating' mode

Hi Shan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would glad to help you with the issue you are facing.

If your computer is still showing as "Hibernating", then try turning the computer OFF by pressing and holding the power button. Wait for 10 seconds and then restart it again and check if you are able
    to past the "Hibernating". If yes, then check if this is caused by any issues with the power settings on the computer. This can be done by running the Power Troubleshooter.

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Power settings of the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “Q” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Power”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process

Also suggest you to try the following methods and check if this issue persists.

Discharge the power from the laptop after removing its battery.

If your laptop is stuck on the screen showing the message “Hibernating”, you may need to discharge the power from your laptop by removing your battery.

To do this, you may follow these steps:

a) Turn the laptop over and slide the switches holding your battery in place to the "Unlocked" position.

b) Pull the battery out of your laptop

c) Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.

d) Return the battery to its position and lock it in place by sliding the battery switches to the "Locked" position.

e) Plug your laptop into the power supply and press the "Power" button to power on your laptop.

You may also try powering the laptop off by pressing and holding its button down for 10 seconds. This should release the hibernation mode.

Hope this helps if the issue persists do get back to us we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 15, 2019
  4. My Laptop is frozen in "Hibernating"

WINDOWS7 ..Home Screen - frozen after HIBERNATION

had drive reFormated and they reloaded WINDOWS7 ... Now when I bring it back after Hibernation it locks up with Home Screen "ON" but cursor and keypad are frozen - Locked Up and I have to turn off and re start. I cahnged the HIBERNATION TIME to an hour
    but it still HIBERNATEs and is frozen up

ThomasLanzen, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

My Laptop is frozen in "Hibernating"

1. My Laptop is frozen in "Hibernating" - Similar Threads - Laptop frozen Hibernating

2. My laptop is completely frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is completely frozen: Mouse doesn’t work, no keys work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-completely-frozen/ceb5717b-14f0-4521-a59e-762d057cdcb0
  3. My laptop is completely frozen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is completely frozen: Mouse doesn’t work, no keys work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-completely-frozen/ceb5717b-14f0-4521-a59e-762d057cdcb0
  4. My laptop is completely frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Frozen laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen laptop: Hi, so I recently dropped my Acer aspire 5, I dropped it on the left side. At that moment I was watching something on netflix and the screen froze, 1/10 of the screen on the left is slightly lower and on top of it is a white with different colour dots. My keyboard isn't...
  6. Frozen laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frozen laptop: Hi, so I recently dropped my Acer aspire 5, I dropped it on the left side. At that moment I was watching something on netflix and the screen froze, 1/10 of the screen on the left is slightly lower and on top of it is a white with different colour dots. My keyboard isn't...
  7. Frozen laptop

8. laptop is frozen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop is frozen: I can't find a support topic that addresses this issue. My laptop is not responding to anything. Touchpad is frozen. Mouse doesn't move cursor. Hitting windows key +x does nothing. Ctrl Alt Del does nothing. Hitting FN plus F5 blanks screen for a few seconds. No...
  9. My Laptop is frozen. Help!

My Laptop is frozen. Help!: Hello. I woke up this morning to the BSOD : its just frozen. Cant turn power. Cant ctrlnalt delete cant do anything. Been like this for an hour since i woke up. Still says 0% complete. now what??? [IMG]...
  10. Laptop frozen

Laptop frozen: My Lenove laptop boots up, but then is unresponsive - won't open programs, connect to internet - nothing! ctrl-alt-delete doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-frozen/624d45b0-9a96-4a3b-9a76-5ac3edafa957