Windows 10: My laptop is getting locked due to temperature idk what is the problem .

Discus and support My laptop is getting locked due to temperature idk what is the problem . in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop is getting locked due to temperature idk what is the problem i am not playing games nothing just watch youtube and it is getting randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NARENDER SINGH YADAV, Feb 26, 2024.

1. My laptop is getting locked due to temperature idk what is the problem .

My laptop is getting locked due to temperature idk what is the problem i am not playing games nothing just watch youtube and it is getting randomly locked [ showing due to overheat ] idk if it is a win 11 problem or laptop problem , it is getting locked ever 4-5 hrs of usage ,i am using HP db-15 , AMD Ryzen 3 3200U , 1TB HDD ,8GB RAM

:)

NARENDER SINGH YADAV, Feb 26, 2024
  2. lx07 Win User

Laptop temperature problems

My laptop temps are in the low 70's on the desktop doing nothing.

If I play scrabble sometimes the screen tears when I win and the fireworks start. If I use Skype or watch YouTube it gets too hot almost immediately and shuts itself down.

I opened it up and gently brushed off the most obvious lumps of dust from the last decade but it made no difference. I also replaced the HDD with a SSD in the hope of reducing the temperature. This was an improvement for performance but the CPU temps didn't drop.

It is a laptop so I can't see what I can do really. Can you replace the CPU paste on a laptop? Should I (as this suggests) stick the motherboard in the oven to remelt the solder? Is it wise and what bits on a motherboard are temperature sensative and should be removed before hand? It seems a bit drastic to me.

It is a 2006 Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro with an ATI X1600 GPU which I realise is a bit out of date. Software wise it works fine with a clean install of Windows 10 though - my question is only about if there is something you can do with old laptops to reduce idle temps.

3. Outside temperature display in taskbar

I followed these steps exactly and the only thing showing in my task bar is a sun icon but not temperatures are being displayed.

TerriDunaway, Feb 26, 2024
  4. My laptop is getting locked due to temperature idk what is the problem .

GPU temperatures are consistently locked at 49 degrees while gaming, etc...

Hello, 404usernotfound

Welcome to Microsoft community.

It sounds like there may be an issue with the thermal management system on your graphics card. The fact that the temperature is consistently locked at 49 degrees, regardless of the load, suggests that the cooling system is not functioning properly.

First, check to make sure that the fans on your graphics card are spinning and that there is no physical obstruction blocking airflow to the card. You can also try adjusting the fan curve in your graphics card's control software to see if that has any effect on the temperature.

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, it's possible that there is a hardware malfunction with your graphics card. It could be a problem with the thermal sensors, the VRM, or the GPU itself. In this case, you may need to contact the manufacturer for support or consider getting the card repaired or replaced.

As for other hardware components such as the motherboard, RAM, or SSD causing this issue, it's unlikely as they are generally not directly related to GPU temperature regulation. However, it's always a good idea to check for any potential hardware issues by running diagnostics on your system.

If you're still experiencing poor performance and low GPU usage, it's possible that there may be other underlying issues beyond just the temperature problem. It could be beneficial to seek assistance from a professional technician or the manufacturer of your graphics card to thoroughly diagnose and resolve the issue.

Yuhao Li

Microsoft community technical support

Yuhao Li - MSFT, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

My laptop is getting locked due to temperature idk what is the problem .

1. My laptop is getting locked due to temperature idk what is the problem . - Similar Threads - laptop getting locked

2. My laptop is getting locked due to temperature idk what is the problem .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is getting locked due to temperature idk what is the problem .: My laptop is getting locked due to temperature idk what is the problem i am not playing games nothing just watch youtube and it is getting randomly locked [ showing due to overheat ] idk if it is a win 11 problem or laptop problem , it is getting locked ever 4-5 hrs of usage...
  3. idk what is this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    idk what is this: does anyone know what is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idk-what-is-this/1e39f619-6ac2-4467-8121-42795a1e64ef
  4. idk what is this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    idk what is this: does anyone know what is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idk-what-is-this/1e39f619-6ac2-4467-8121-42795a1e64ef
  5. idk what is this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    idk what is this: These things keep showing on my screen and when I exit them,they keep showing.Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idk-what-is-this/777ef548-3f7a-4ec5-a848-fc0ea718bbce
  6. idk what is this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    idk what is this: These things keep showing on my screen and when I exit them,they keep showing.Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idk-what-is-this/777ef548-3f7a-4ec5-a848-fc0ea718bbce
  7. idk what is this

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Laptop frequently locking due to temperature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop frequently locking due to temperature: Recently, my laptop has been overheating and constantly locking my computer which is incredibly annoying. I do not have many apps open, but the temperature skyrockets to 90 Celcius+. In short, is there a way to decrease temperature quickly? It happened after I changed Number...
  9. Laptop deadlocking from what appears to be a temperature related problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop deadlocking from what appears to be a temperature related problem: Yesterday, 2 or so weeks after I installed a bios update, my laptop froze, cursor and all. And I had to restart it. However, it restarted to a black screen, so I closed my laptop. After waiting for an hour or so I opened my laptop again and it began to work again, only...
  10. Laptop temperature problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop temperature problems: My laptop temps are in the low 70's on the desktop doing nothing. If I play scrabble sometimes the screen tears when I win and the fireworks start. If I use Skype or watch YouTube it gets too hot almost immediately and shuts itself down. I opened it up and gently...