Windows 10: My Laptop is having major issues again even though I've reset it a few days ago

Discus and support My Laptop is having major issues again even though I've reset it a few days ago in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop is really starting to annoy me. I don't know what I did but my storage keeps having problems. I downloaded a game that was 14 gb and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Epied, May 15, 2020.

1. Epied Win User

My Laptop is having major issues again even though I've reset it a few days ago

My laptop is really starting to annoy me. I don't know what I did but my storage keeps having problems. I downloaded a game that was 14 gb and my storage was at 358. I tried to delete it after as my storage was supposed to be 372 or so and see if it would fix itself. It didn't and I also was trying to remove duplicate files which may have caused this problem. I'm just really stressed right now and not sure how to describe the same issues I been trying to fix since I don't even remember. Thanks in advance My Laptop is having major issues again even though I've reset it a few days ago 0665849b-81b2-461e-8025-1ce79d202841?upload=true.png

:)

Epied, May 15, 2020
  2. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

3. Ruth2340 Win User
    Why is Cortana so slow and right after major updates installed 2 days ago?

Major updates were installed 2 days ago May 22, 2018, and now Cortana is very very slow and half the time if I type something into Cortana, it does not get it all by the time Cortana comes up, so I have to retype and of course back to being so slow it
    is ridiculous. I love Cortana, but not like this. Help someone, and please don't tell me to do a dozen steps to get it fixed like the Shell thing, run as Administrator when I already am the Administrator, live alone, no one else has access to my lap top.
    I am 78 and not computer literate and do not need those steps you always suggest. The new updates caused this issue. It was absolutely fine before those updates.

Ruth2340, May 15, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Mouse stopped working 2 days ago

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons for this matter to occur. One possible cause is your
    drivers
    might be
    outdated
    or the issue is within the
    device/hardware
    itself. However, we need to make sure that it is the case. To isolate the issue, we have
    some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried downloading and installing the latest driver update available in your computer/laptop manufacturer's
      website?

• Have you tried using the device to another computer?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you perform these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 3:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    Device Vendor manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. My Laptop is having major issues again even though I've reset it a few days ago - Similar Threads - Laptop having major

2. I ordered a refund 15 days ago and have not received my money even though it was approved.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ordered a refund 15 days ago and have not received my money even though it was approved.: On the 5th I ordered a refund and the same say the order was approved. It has been 15 days and I have not gotten my money from the refund.* Changed to a question...
  3. I ordered a refund 15 days ago and have not received my money even though it was approved.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I ordered a refund 15 days ago and have not received my money even though it was approved.: On the 5th I ordered a refund and the same say the order was approved. It has been 15 days and I have not gotten my money from the refund.* Changed to a question...
  4. I ordered a refund15 days ago and have not received my money even though it was approved.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ordered a refund15 days ago and have not received my money even though it was approved.: On the 5th I ordered a refund and the same say the order was approved. It has been 15 days and I have not gotten my money from the refund. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-ordered-a-refund15-days-ago-and-have-not/56c6bc29-20bd-4f55-8f32-e9969a0fe50c
  5. I ordered a refund15 days ago and have not received my money even though it was approved.

I ordered a refund15 days ago and have not received my money even though it was approved.: On the 5th I ordered a refund and the same say the order was approved. It has been 15 days and I have not gotten my money from the refund. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-ordered-a-refund15-days-ago-and-have-not/56c6bc29-20bd-4f55-8f32-e9969a0fe50c
  6. Since a few days I've been facing major issues with my windows bootup/freezing when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since a few days I've been facing major issues with my windows bootup/freezing when...: Hello All,Since about 1-2 weeks I've kept my computer connected to my TV through HDMI and been running games every few days. It's been working perfect fine the whole time till about 2 days back. Windows just would not boot up fine. Occasionally it would go back to normal but...
  7. Since a few days I've been facing major issues with my windows bootup/freezing when...

Since a few days I've been facing major issues with my windows bootup/freezing when...: Hello All,Since about 1-2 weeks I've kept my computer connected to my TV through HDMI and been running games every few days. It's been working perfect fine the whole time till about 2 days back. Windows just would not boot up fine. Occasionally it would go back to normal but...
  8. Windows Update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update a few days ago: Hello one and all, A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my apps. They are not working or audio not heard. I went to the virtual chat yesterday evening, and was told they were connecting...
  9. Asus notebook stopped waking up few days ago, have to hard reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus notebook stopped waking up few days ago, have to hard reset: Simply, it used to wake up, I mean the screen stays black now. powercfg /devicequery wake_armed returns NONE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-ed98a8736a06 Following their advice, there is no power control settings listed for keyboard, nor is there any change settings...
  10. Since the update a few days ago my printer won't talk to my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since the update a few days ago my printer won't talk to my laptop: I have had a lot of help from Epson and from my server trying to help me but to no avail. The wifi is working and the printer is working but they will not connect. I realise now that this has happed since the update a couple of days ago. It is just so frustrating. How...