Windows 10: My laptop is heating significantly in sleep mdoe

Discus and support My laptop is heating significantly in sleep mdoe in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I bought hp pavilion gaming laptop (ryzen 4600H model) some days back. I am noticing it is heating a lot when it is in sleep mode. It is way too much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kem_kem_1, Oct 15, 2020.

1. My laptop is heating significantly in sleep mdoe

I bought hp pavilion gaming laptop (ryzen 4600H model) some days back. I am noticing it is heating a lot when it is in sleep mode. It is way too much than a normal laptop heating while sleep and draining battery. I have other dell laptop and it does not heat this much. And not much battery drain.

But in this case, I had this laptop plugged in and on sleep. I removed the plug, and when I turned it on after 4 hours, it is in battery saver mode (18%) left.

I have read somewhere to turn off "Fast startup" to solve this issue. But it didn't help.

It is not normal heating. It is way too much. I usually put the other laptop on sleep and put it in my laptop bag and turns out okay. But I am afraid if I do the same with this laptop, it'll heat up the bag.

Is it worrying? Can I do something about it?

submitted by /u/kem_kem_1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kem_kem_1, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Phillmont Win User
    Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Oct 15, 2020
  4. My laptop is heating significantly in sleep mdoe

Laptop wont stay in SLEEP!

Ran CMD as administrator. I typed powercfg /restoredefaultpolicies

It didnt work, it said, invalid parameters -- try "/?" for help*

I tried this many many times, checking spelling, even trying out if it was case sensitive....nothing. So again, Im running windows 10 on a dell inspiron 15 and 17 laptop. I close the lid, the computer sleeps for a few seconds then restarts and sits at the
    logon screen while running the fan and heating up. sometimes it will stay asleep if i keep repeating the process. but 80% of the time it will not.

WillMisdom, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

My laptop is heating significantly in sleep mdoe

1. My laptop is heating significantly in sleep mdoe - Similar Threads - laptop heating significantly

2. My laptop battery capacity dropped significantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop battery capacity dropped significantly.: So I just purchased a new battery for my laptop. The design capacity of the battery is 90,005 whr. I ran a battery report on the battery the first day and it looked great it actually charged past the design capacity at 91whr. But I checked in on it today two days after...
  3. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  4. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  5. is it normal laptop plugged heating?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is it normal laptop plugged heating?: i had a DELL laptop, everytime i plugged in the charger it start heating up like 75c even though i didnt open any heavy application. is it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-normal-laptop-plugged-heating/1a2ce0c8-8ceb-424a-8495-c48d6d565c4d
  6. laptop heating or slow issue

laptop heating or slow issue: laptop becomes freeze or slow when doing some work or working on any softwarelike edge Microsofthow to resolve heating and slow issuehp 15 da series https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-heating-or-slow-issue/5cc25d09-adcd-44f1-bdfa-70f28ab274cb
  7. My laptop is heating too much

My laptop is heating too much: Hi friends. My laptop is heating up and I feel the laptop is getting hot. Some times the core temp gives me a value of 96 Celsius and at the other time its between 50 and 80. For this should I use a cooling pad or are there any other upgrades to do and give me a quick reply...
  8. My laptop keeps on over heating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop keeps on over heating: whenever i play a game it just gets hot and the fan gets kind of loud and i wish i could stop this, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-on-over-heating/85d6acee-54d1-4b89-a748-3e674b640182
  9. Laptop not overheating but going to sleep because it's "over heated".

Laptop not overheating but going to sleep because it's "over heated".: I'm gaming on my Dell XPS 9550 and it's not even getting past 80 C before it goes to sleep because of "overheating". Recently it has also been a lot hotter doing tasks it used to never get that hot doing. Nothing has changed so I can't think what's causing it. I can hear...
  10. Heating of Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Heating of Laptop: when I use my laptop without the internet my laptop doesn't get heated, but when it connected to the internet it gets very hot and hotter and hotter when I use youtube? so kindly give some solutions to save my laptop from heating and loudness of fan....