Windows 10: My laptop is infected, but Windows defender or other antivirus don't detect anything

Discus and support My laptop is infected, but Windows defender or other antivirus don't detect anything in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HELP!Something is using my RAM in a very excessive amount. I only have like 4 GB and it's literally using 3.6 GB of it while there is nothing running.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CodebreakerSW, Jul 13, 2021.

1. My laptop is infected, but Windows defender or other antivirus don't detect anything

HELP!Something is using my RAM in a very excessive amount. I only have like 4 GB and it's literally using 3.6 GB of it while there is nothing running. I noticed this because when I opened Minecraft, it showed an enormous lag, and it crashed. When I checked the Task manager, it had CPU at 100% use at maximum speed, 3.6 GB of RAM being used, and very high network usage. I tried restarting, scanning using my virus guard, Kaspersky, Windows Defender, but it detects nothing. I deleted like all the downloads I had, but still it's same. I backed up all my important file to my external hard drive. I d

:)

CodebreakerSW, Jul 13, 2021

2. avast free antivirus vs windows defender

>it's true that Avast Free Antivirus is better by a lot compare to windows defender?

As
    BulldogXX
    already mentioned: That's a matter of opinion.

Suggestion to read:

Suggestion to watch:

Jsssssssss, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Windows Defender - antivirus?

Windows defender is a built in antivirus, that detects all type of threats.You do not need to install any 3rd party antivirus.

In windows 7 and earlier Microsoft security essentials was to be used with windows defender for a full system protection, but in Windows 8 and later windows defender's capabilities have been increased to make it a full fledged antivirus.

I suggest rolling with Windows Defender (preinstalled)+Malwarebytes for a full system security.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 13, 2021
  4. My laptop is infected, but Windows defender or other antivirus don't detect anything

Is Windows Defender a proper Antivirus for Windows 10 ?

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Many. Suggestion to use your preferred search engine and look it up. Also see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18900/consumer-antivirus-software-providers-for-windows

Suggestion to read:

===

4) Are you spamming?

Jsssssssss, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

My laptop is infected, but Windows defender or other antivirus don't detect anything

1. My laptop is infected, but Windows defender or other antivirus don't detect anything - Similar Threads - laptop infected defender

2. Trojan:Win32/Malgent was not detected by defender or any other antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan:Win32/Malgent was not detected by defender or any other antivirus: I'm a Windows 11 user. I always keep my computer up to date. Also I have scanned my computer many times using Kaspersky premium, Kaspersky virus removal tool and Windows defender. But when I scanned my computer using Microsoft safety scanner, I found Trojan:Win32/Malgent...
  3. Trojan:Win32/Malgent was not detected by defender or any other antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan:Win32/Malgent was not detected by defender or any other antivirus: I'm a Windows 11 user. I always keep my computer up to date. Also I have scanned my computer many times using Kaspersky premium, Kaspersky virus removal tool and Windows defender. But when I scanned my computer using Microsoft safety scanner, I found Trojan:Win32/Malgent...
  4. Can Windows Defender work with other Antiviruses?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows Defender work with other Antiviruses?: I recently went to turn on real-time protection in Windows Defender and received an error saying that because I already use another AV in this case Malwarebytes, highly recommended, it remains disabled. Is there a workaround for this?...
  5. Can Windows Defender work with other Antiviruses?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Windows Defender work with other Antiviruses?: I recently went to turn on real-time protection in Windows Defender and received an error saying that because I already use another AV in this case Malwarebytes, highly recommended, it remains disabled. Is there a workaround for this?...
  6. Windows Defender Antivirus vs others.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus vs others.: To, Microsoft Community Hi, this is Gavin. Using Microsoft Windows 10 OS Version 2004 OS Build 19041.546. I want help regarding Secuity / Antivirus of My Laptop. I would like to know how is "Microsoft Defender" Antivirus good for Laptop. How is "Microsoft Defender"...
  7. Windows Defender not detecting infected zip files.

Windows Defender not detecting infected zip files.: I am able to open and run infected zip files without any warning by Windows Defender on Windows 10,while Kaspersky was alerted to that very same infected zip file as an alert showed up on screen and blocked any chance of opening it, and placed that infected file in...
  8. Are other Antivirus Programs needed with Window Defender?

Are other Antivirus Programs needed with Window Defender?: My new system is running Windows Defender. I see that a McAfee subscription is also included with my purchase. I have always preferred Norton, and I have used it for years, but a knowledgeable IT friend says Defender is enough. Is it generally enough to guard against...
  9. Windows Defender vs other antivirus protection

Windows Defender vs other antivirus protection: My computer came with a McAfee antivirus trial subscription. Windows Defender will not run antivirus with another antivirus program running, My trial subscription has run out and I don't want to renew, but when I go to settings and check the antivirus status of Defender, it...
  10. windows defender or other antivirus?

windows defender or other antivirus?: i just installed windows 10. i know there is the default windows defender, but i'm thinking of downloading another antivirus. which one should i download (preferably free)? or should i stick to the built-in one? 67092