Windows 10: My laptop is lagging and stucking during installing windows updates

Discus and support My laptop is lagging and stucking during installing windows updates in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A few months ago a cumulative update preview came to my laptop and it took about 30 mins laptop is lagging and stucking and it failed.I tried again and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sujith Kumara, Jun 22, 2022.

1. My laptop is lagging and stucking during installing windows updates

A few months ago a cumulative update preview came to my laptop and it took about 30 mins laptop is lagging and stucking and it failed.I tried again and its lagging and stucking I restarted my laptop and it took 4 mins to restart usually 2 mins it also failed. then the all the cumulative updates and cumulative update previews are failing, taking about 30 mins, lagging and stucking after the installing became to 20% .I downloaded the windows media creation tool and upgraded my pc with keeping all files and apps.Came April cumulative update cumulative update successfully installed but it t

:)

Sujith Kumara, Jun 22, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 22, 2022
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jun 22, 2022
  4. My laptop is lagging and stucking during installing windows updates

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

My laptop is lagging and stucking during installing windows updates

1. My laptop is lagging and stucking during installing windows updates - Similar Threads - laptop lagging stucking

2. Windows lags/freezes during updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lags/freezes during updates: I have noticed that every time windows is downloading or installing updates in the background my laptop becomes very slow and the apps keep on lagging/freezing. It's impossible to get any work done because of this. Why is this happening and how to resolve this issue?OS:...
  3. Windows lags/freezes during updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows lags/freezes during updates: I have noticed that every time windows is downloading or installing updates in the background my laptop becomes very slow and the apps keep on lagging/freezing. It's impossible to get any work done because of this. Why is this happening and how to resolve this issue?OS:...
  4. My laptop is lagging and stucking during installing windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is lagging and stucking during installing windows updates: A few months ago a cumulative update preview came to my laptop and it took about 30 mins laptop is lagging and stucking and it failed.I tried again and its lagging and stucking I restarted my laptop and it took 4 mins to restart usually 2 mins it also failed. then the all the...
  5. My laptop is lagging and stucking during installing windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop is lagging and stucking during installing windows updates: A few months ago a cumulative update preview came to my laptop and it took about 30 mins laptop is lagging and stucking and it failed.I tried again and its lagging and stucking I restarted my laptop and it took 4 mins to restart usually 2 mins it also failed. then the all the...
  6. Lagging Laptop During Install Yet Again Of Cumulative Update - March 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging Laptop During Install Yet Again Of Cumulative Update - March 2022: I refer to a post from 2019: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-is-slow-after-recent-windows-10-updates/56504ed9-d77e-4628-94b6-af1d70b1bf2dThe same issue is going on today, March 9th 2022. My laptop is laggy as anything and getting rather peed off...
  7. Lagging Laptop During Install Yet Again Of Cumulative Update - March 2022

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lagging Laptop During Install Yet Again Of Cumulative Update - March 2022: I refer to a post from 2019: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-is-slow-after-recent-windows-10-updates/56504ed9-d77e-4628-94b6-af1d70b1bf2dThe same issue is going on today, March 9th 2022. My laptop is laggy as anything and getting rather peed off...
  8. Laptop stuck during windows 10 installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck during windows 10 installation.: I started installation of windows 10 through media tool but after downloading, during installation the laptop screen is black and it is the same since last 15 hours. Is there a solution for this? I have a broken screen and using tv as monitor using hdmi....
  9. windows stuck during restart and installing updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows stuck during restart and installing updates: i have compaq 621 laptop, i have no issue with windows 7 and windows 8. but in windows 8.1 and windows 10, it stucks during restart and also while installing updates. i have tried that if i disable fast startup , the same problem occurs during shutdown also means that i am...
  10. Stuck during installation of Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck during installation of Creators Update: My computer wanted to install the Creators Update so I started the process. It started updating but the computer got stuck. The screen is now mainly black with one stationary white dot at the bottom. I think it's one of the spinning dots but the computer got stuck before the...