Windows 10: my laptop is limited boost speed

Discus and support my laptop is limited boost speed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have dell latitude e6540 laptop with i5 4300m and win 10 ultimate on Task manager the limit of cpu speed is 3.0 GHZ i search and find the max... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fostatAY, Jun 28, 2020.

1. fostatAY Win User

my laptop is limited boost speed

i have dell latitude e6540 laptop

with i5 4300m

and win 10 ultimate

on Task manager the limit of cpu speed is 3.0 GHZ

i search and find the max boost is 3.2 GHZ

like here

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-4300M+@+2.60GHz&id=2095

https://amd-intel-cpu-benchmark.com/cpu/Intel-Core-i5-4300M-@-2.60-GHz_f946082b

i have some slow on start windows

did the low speed cpu cause from windows or i need to update it or replace it

thank you

:)

fostatAY, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 28, 2020
  3. HosseinMJ Win User
    CPU boost speed display

my laptop series info
    Hi everybody,

I just bought an MSI GS65 laptop with 9th gen intel i7-9750 2.60GHz CPU which is boostable to 4.50MGz.as I mentioned above.

but when I check the task manager/system info/device manager, it just shows 2.60GHz and no mention of its high-speed ability.

so what is the problem? I am pretty sure that windows have to show the CPU based and boost speed also.

I did all the windows Updates and I check the CPU speed in high-performance mode and it goes to over 4GHz so definitely this is the processor with high-speed boost ability. but why it does not show anywhere in windows information ?????

Regards,

Hossein

HosseinMJ, Jun 28, 2020
  4. my laptop is limited boost speed

Windows is limiting my download speed on laptop

Good day,

Laptop with windows 10 is downloading to less of half the speed expected. Other device do pass download test with the correct speed.

So far I've:

• Checked for virus and malware nothing found.
    • Have set delivery optimization values to the bare minimum.
    • Checked for network activity, nothing.
    • Have stopped BITS, Update Orchestrator and Windows Update service
    None of those have worked so far.

Omar Pérez, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

my laptop is limited boost speed

1. my laptop is limited boost speed - Similar Threads - laptop limited boost

2. Will changing the number of processor in msconfig boosts up the speed of laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will changing the number of processor in msconfig boosts up the speed of laptop?: I was actually surfing the internet and found a video claiming changing the number of processors to four increases the speed and performance of a laptop. Is it actually true? Is it safe? And what actually does that mean to change the number of processor to 4? In my case, one...
  3. Will changing the number of processor in msconfig boosts up the speed of laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will changing the number of processor in msconfig boosts up the speed of laptop?: I was actually surfing the internet and found a video claiming changing the number of processors to four increases the speed and performance of a laptop. Is it actually true? Is it safe? And what actually does that mean to change the number of processor to 4? In my case, one...
  4. Will changing the number of processor in msconfig boosts up the speed of laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Internet speed limit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed limit: Hi, I'm using Win 10, and I have a cable internet connection, it's a business line, so it needs to be min 270Mb/s, most of the day I can get 75-85Mb/s on any test, but if I unplug the cable for a couple of seconds the speed picks up to 340-360Mb. Any Idea what could be the...
  6. Windows is limiting my download speed.

Windows is limiting my download speed.: I have been noticing that my internet is being limited to 4-5 Mbps on my laptop pretty much all throughout the day and occasionally becomes okay.The internet is alright for the rest of my devices.During a internet speed test:What I have tried without avail:Resetting the...
  7. Windows Limiting my Wifi Speed

Windows Limiting my Wifi Speed: Hello. On all other devices in my house, I am getting 200mbps, but with my computer, I can only get anywhere from 15 - 30 and I'm wondering why this is / how to fix it. Appreciate all the help. Edit: My TP-link is saying I should be getting 234mbps, but when I run a speed...
  8. CPU boost speed display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU boost speed display: Hi everybody, I just bought an MSI GS65 laptop with 9th gen intel i7-9750 2.60GHz CPU which is boostable to 4.50MGz. but when I check the task manager/system info/device manager, it just shows 2.60GHz and no mention of its high-speed ability. so what is the problem? I am...
  9. Boost Speed 11 is a SCAM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boost Speed 11 is a SCAM: I bought BS11 for $59.95 and realized that at that price I should get the pro-version.Support and Refund requests were of no use.I'm still dealing with them.I think I paid thru PayPal. They are very pushy about their products,and they have PUP files. What is the best action...
  10. Windows is limiting my download speed on laptop

Windows is limiting my download speed on laptop: Good day, Laptop with windows 10 is downloading to less of half the speed expected. Other device do pass download test with the correct speed. So far I've: Checked for virus and malware nothing found. Have set delivery optimization values to the bare minimum. Checked...