Windows 10: My laptop is locked because the email tied to it no longer exists, and I can not sign in...

Discus and support My laptop is locked because the email tied to it no longer exists, and I can not sign in... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Recently, I've had to use my mom's old laptop as a substitute for a second monitor. I've been able to sign into it with the same PIN for years, but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ApplesGoneBloopie, Apr 16, 2022.

1. My laptop is locked because the email tied to it no longer exists, and I can not sign in...

Recently, I've had to use my mom's old laptop as a substitute for a second monitor. I've been able to sign into it with the same PIN for years, but I've only used the laptop again recently, and now the PIN doesn't work.I tried to fix it by making a new PIN, but it immediately said that the account associated with the laptop doesn't exist. So, I tried my own Microsoft account, but that kept leading to me being told that "something went wrong", and I couldn't reset the PIN. I also don't have a security key to log on with.So, I tried the password, but I don't think a password was ever set up. If

:)

ApplesGoneBloopie, Apr 16, 2022
  2. Rose W Win User

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Yes the correct or current info is in the Settings/Accounts/Your email and accounts.
    The steps in the tutorial included signing in after deleting a listing. I couldn't see where that was relevant since its a second listing. It looks like I have to voluntarily do the 'sign in' so I can avoid doing that. I'm locked out for 30 days anyway.
    Perhaps its time to set up a stand alone user account in that laptop <grin> Too nerve wracking dealing with this MSAccount.

Rose W, Apr 16, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Startup photos no longer working

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key.
    • Click on setting.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on lock screen.
    • Turn on “Show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 16, 2022
  4. My laptop is locked because the email tied to it no longer exists, and I can not sign in...

Can't delete "emails and apps" account that no longer exists

I have an email account through a university I no longer attend that is included in my list of accounts. I receive constant notifications saying that I need to "update the password" for this account, but I can't because the account no longer exists. I also
    can't delete the account from Windows because when I click "Manage" it sends me to a login page for the nonexistent email. Is there a way to get around this and remove the account from my computer?

ReneeBabin, Apr 16, 2022
Thema:

My laptop is locked because the email tied to it no longer exists, and I can not sign in...

1. My laptop is locked because the email tied to it no longer exists, and I can not sign in... - Similar Threads - laptop locked email

2. Unable to login into laptop because of account with email that doesn’t exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login into laptop because of account with email that doesn’t exist: I created a Microsoft account with an email that doesn’t exist I accidentally put “au” at the end of a gmail account and I forgot the password to the account so I dont know what to do...
  3. Unable to login into laptop because of account with email that doesn’t exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login into laptop because of account with email that doesn’t exist: I created a Microsoft account with an email that doesn’t exist I accidentally put “au” at the end of a gmail account and I forgot the password to the account so I dont know what to do...
  4. How can I change my microsoft account that is linked to an email that no longer exists?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my microsoft account that is linked to an email that no longer exists?: I uninstalled Microsoft Solitaire Collection to get the new version and now I can't get it on this laptop because the Microsoft account is linked to an email that no longer exists. How can I change this?...
  5. How can I change my microsoft account that is linked to an email that no longer exists?

How can I change my microsoft account that is linked to an email that no longer exists?: I uninstalled Microsoft Solitaire Collection to get the new version and now I can't get it on this laptop because the Microsoft account is linked to an email that no longer exists. How can I change this?...
  6. My laptop is locked because the email tied to it no longer exists, and I can not sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is locked because the email tied to it no longer exists, and I can not sign in...: Recently, I've had to use my mom's old laptop as a substitute for a second monitor. I've been able to sign into it with the same PIN for years, but I've only used the laptop again recently, and now the PIN doesn't work.I tried to fix it by making a new PIN, but it immediately...
  7. My laptop is locked because the email tied to it no longer exists, and I can not sign in...

My laptop is locked because the email tied to it no longer exists, and I can not sign in...: Recently, I've had to use my mom's old laptop as a substitute for a second monitor. I've been able to sign into it with the same PIN for years, but I've only used the laptop again recently, and now the PIN doesn't work.I tried to fix it by making a new PIN, but it immediately...
  8. Locked out of my laptop because I'm locked out of my email account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my laptop because I'm locked out of my email account: Hi,I've recently been locked out of my personal windows account. I no longer have access to the recovery phone number because the account is 15 years old and frankly I dont use it. However I've used the email when I first got my lenovo laptop in order for me log into the...
  9. admin account email no longer exists

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin account email no longer exists: The email account for the administrator of the pc no longer exists how do you update administrator account email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-account-email-no-longer-exists/35f4f367-3dd5-4c87-9750-e0974b74393c
  10. Install Failure Because Drive No Longer Exists

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Failure Because Drive No Longer Exists: Hello all, I am stumped on this one. For context, I had the Corsair iCUE program installed on my secondary HDD to control fan lighting on my PC. Recently, that HDD finally failed on me to the point where i could not boot Windows, it would only take me to my BIOS so i went...