Windows 10: My laptop is locked on administrator password but I've never put one

Discus and support My laptop is locked on administrator password but I've never put one in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good morning.I've been recently struggling with a really confusing error that is blocking me off my own laptop. Turns out that whenever I power on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ludiro, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Ludiro Win User

My laptop is locked on administrator password but I've never put one

Good morning.I've been recently struggling with a really confusing error that is blocking me off my own laptop. Turns out that whenever I power on my laptop, it directly shows up a screen that says "introduce administrator password or start up password" it's in Spanish so I might not be as accurate to explain what it says. That is put inside of a blue rectangle, right on the upper side of it, and below that message you can write whatever password is demanding. All of that is standing right in the middle of a black screen. There's nothing else on the screen besides what I described already.No

:)

Ludiro, Dec 11, 2023
  2. Try3 Win User

Lost My Administrator Password

To which "this" are you referring?
    - If you are following the tutorial Bree suggested in the very first reply to your question then what you need to do at each step is explained in detail. So which step are you at?
    - If you are following a different procedure then state what it is and which step you are at. If, for example, you are trying to manually enable the Built-In Admin as suggested in post #11 then that account has no password.

Denis

3. John Ado Win User
    Forgot my Administrator Password

Hi Manish,

Windows automatically ask for password hint whenever you add or set up a new local account. Do you remember getting a hint after several failed attempts to log in your account? If you didn't set up a hint, enable the built-in administrator account on your
    device. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type lusrmgr.msc then press Enter.

• Click Users > Double-click Administrator > Uncheck Account
      is disabled
      box under General tab.

• Click Apply and OK.

Restart your device then sign in as Administrator. It shouldn't have a password. Then go to Control Panel to disable the password for your locked account. After that, follow the steps above to hide the built-in administrator. Sign in your locked account
    and set up its password and please set up a password hint as well.

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Dec 11, 2023
  4. My laptop is locked on administrator password but I've never put one

Win10 lost UAC (administrator)password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you forgot the administrator account password and you are unable to login. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to log in to built in administrator account and create a new administrator account.

Please try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power
      button.

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment. Follow the below step.

Step 2:

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode by pressing the corresponding number.
    Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Step 3:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from
      Windows Recovery Environment

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

• Close the Command Prompt.

• Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.
    Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 11, 2023
Thema:

My laptop is locked on administrator password but I've never put one

1. My laptop is locked on administrator password but I've never put one - Similar Threads - laptop locked administrator

2. Laptop locked by administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop locked by administrator: HiMy windows 11 Dell laptop is saying its locked by an administrator however my microsoft account is fine. Control alt delete doesn't do anything, how can I sign in? If I enter the pin it just says locked by an administrator...
  3. Laptop locked by administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop locked by administrator: HiMy windows 11 Dell laptop is saying its locked by an administrator however my microsoft account is fine. Control alt delete doesn't do anything, how can I sign in? If I enter the pin it just says locked by an administrator...
  4. My laptop is locked on administrator password but I've never put one

My laptop is locked on administrator password but I've never put one: Good morning.I've been recently struggling with a really confusing error that is blocking me off my own laptop. Turns out that whenever I power on my laptop, it directly shows up a screen that says "introduce administrator password or start up password" it's in Spanish so I...
  5. My laptop is locked on administrator password but I've never put one

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is locked on administrator password but I've never put one: Good morning.I've been recently struggling with a really confusing error that is blocking me off my own laptop. Turns out that whenever I power on my laptop, it directly shows up a screen that says "introduce administrator password or start up password" it's in Spanish so I...
  6. My windows laptop is locked with a childlock. I never put a lock on it so I have no idea...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows laptop is locked with a childlock. I never put a lock on it so I have no idea...: My windows account locks every night at 10pm since I bought and installed it. When I try to log in I see I need to ask a parent for more time, or I "can" log in as a parent. When I try to ask for extra time, it says it's not possible and asks if im connected to the wifi,...
  7. My windows laptop is locked with a childlock. I never put a lock on it so I have no idea...

My windows laptop is locked with a childlock. I never put a lock on it so I have no idea...: My windows account locks every night at 10pm since I bought and installed it. When I try to log in I see I need to ask a parent for more time, or I "can" log in as a parent. When I try to ask for extra time, it says it's not possible and asks if im connected to the wifi,...
  8. Lock Out ...I've never had a pin...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock Out ...I've never had a pin...: Hi I got my PC rebooted today operating Windows 10 home. Im trying to start up the laptop and I'm stuck at the lock screen. It requires a PIN to login... unfortunately Ive never had a PIN before or maybe i had one and forgot it... I'm not sure, but I've always just hit the...
  9. BSOD (Except I've never seen that one before)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD (Except I've never seen that one before): So I got a computer which bsoded the first time I booted it : with this BSOD : Inaccessible boot device. I've never run windows with it, nothing, I just pushed the power button au boum, nothing. Has anyone have been confronted to the same issue ? It would save me And what...
  10. Locked out of laptop. No admin or administrator password.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Locked out of laptop. No admin or administrator password.: Hi All I changed the network settings from domain to workgroup on my laptop so I could share a file over a local Wi-Fi network. Unfortunately I thought I had a local account but I didn't. Now I am locked out with only the choice of admin or administrator users and I don't...