Windows 10: My laptop is messed up after Windows update - ALL data is gone, and the search bar and...

Discus and support My laptop is messed up after Windows update - ALL data is gone, and the search bar and... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop is messed up after Windows update - ALL data is gone, and the search bar and Start-setting are disabled. How to undo or fix it please?? *... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vanessa_99, Jul 12, 2021.

1. My laptop is messed up after Windows update - ALL data is gone, and the search bar and...

My laptop is messed up after Windows update - ALL data is gone, and the search bar and Start-setting are disabled. How to undo or fix it please?? * Moved from Community Participation Center* OS assumed to be Windows 10

:)

Vanessa_99, Jul 12, 2021
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jul 12, 2021
  3. sml156 Win User
    Language bar gone My laptop is messed up after Windows update - ALL data is gone, and the search bar and... :(

Use Cortana in Windows 10 and search for Add a language and it should be at the top of the list.

My laptop is messed up after Windows update - ALL data is gone, and the search bar and... [​IMG]

Or type in Language to go to the control panel.

My laptop is messed up after Windows update - ALL data is gone, and the search bar and... [​IMG]

sml156, Jul 12, 2021
  4. My laptop is messed up after Windows update - ALL data is gone, and the search bar and...

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

My laptop is messed up after Windows update - ALL data is gone, and the search bar and...

1. My laptop is messed up after Windows update - ALL data is gone, and the search bar and... - Similar Threads - laptop messed update

2. Windows Search bar is messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search bar is messed up: --> I recently messed up the regedit so when i did that the search bar stopped working properly, i restored my pc through a restore point. after restoring the regedit was back to normal but the searchbar issue still persists. This is basically how my searchbar looks when i...
  3. Windows Search bar is messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search bar is messed up: --> I recently messed up the regedit so when i did that the search bar stopped working properly, i restored my pc through a restore point. after restoring the regedit was back to normal but the searchbar issue still persists. This is basically how my searchbar looks when i...
  4. Windows Search bar is messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Search Bar's Forecolor and Backcolor is Messed Up!

in Cortana
    Search Bar's Forecolor and Backcolor is Messed Up!: After I updated my windows a few days ago, I found that The Search Bar's Forecolor and Backcolor seems opposite and also looks so bad, Can anyone Resolve this issue, I have tried a many solution like troubleshooting, Restarting my PC etc. But it didn't helped me out, this...
  6. All My Data Files Are Gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All My Data Files Are Gone: Greetings, After Microsoft Updated my computer AGAIN Data Folders that was a "STORE" of my old PC of ALL My Documents for approximately 12 years of data is now GONE... Why?...
  7. Err, all my data is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Err, all my data is gone: I restarted my computer 3 days ago. It updated from v1907 to 08. It did not offer the option to make a back up, update later, or set a restore point, it just went ahead and churned through. Lo and behold I'm on v1908 and everything on the hard drive is dust. I can't even get...
  8. After recent update my computer is all messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After recent update my computer is all messed up: Right after the recent update my computer is slow to connect to anything and everything except for the internet, I now get frozen in games after several attempts of trying to launch the game and it takes 2 mins or more to connect to anything such as discord. Please help, I...
  9. Windows Update - messed up laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - messed up laptop: The latest update has totally destroyed my laptop. I have had 2 messages one about Sihost.Exe. The Main one is c://windows/system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop tells me that desktop is missing. I can get into task manager and all my files and Desktop are there - but the...
  10. why is my libraries all messed up after the latest updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my libraries all messed up after the latest updates?: my Asus notebook has been running ultra slow for a week and just before I got 2 big flashes b4 the latest updates my system message said ( when I got it on again Windows )Critical Error...so I got the crazy updates and my pc is nearly toast.when I download the files are...