Windows 10: my laptop is not picking up my mic

Discus and support my laptop is not picking up my mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my microphone is not being picked up on windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HaydenDonald, Dec 16, 2020.

1. my laptop is not picking up my mic

my microphone is not being picked up on windows 10

:)

HaydenDonald, Dec 16, 2020
  2. bigbadee Win User

My internal laptop mic cannot picking up any sound

Laptop: Asus K450JN
    Windows: 10 Pro

My internal laptop mic cannot picking up any sound, no green bars raising

I tried to install the latest driver (6.0.1.8010) and nothing happen, All disconnected and disabled recording devices are checked it is the default mic, and I uninstalled the driver, restarted my pc, and had the driver re-installed. No green bars, nothing moving

my laptop is not picking up my mic [​IMG]

bigbadee, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 16, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

my laptop is not picking up my mic

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

my laptop is not picking up my mic

1. my laptop is not picking up my mic - Similar Threads - laptop picking mic

2. mic not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mic not picking up my voice: Hello,I am using a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset and it has been great. However, today the mic just stopped picking up my voice and all that can be heard is a harsh static sound. I was in a discord call last night before I went to sleep and everything was fine. In case it is...
  3. mic not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mic not picking up my voice: Hello,I am using a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset and it has been great. However, today the mic just stopped picking up my voice and all that can be heard is a harsh static sound. I was in a discord call last night before I went to sleep and everything was fine. In case it is...
  4. mic not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Mic is picking up Desktop Audio.

My Mic is picking up Desktop Audio.: Recently I downloaded a Soundboard app, After I got tired of it and deleted it a problem started and my Mic is picking up Desktop Audio like the Soundboard where if I played a sound my Mic will pick it up and play it. The "Listen to this device" is Unchecked....
  6. Desktop audio picking up on my mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop audio picking up on my mic: I recently got a new laptop but I've come across an issue where my desktop audio is being picked up from my headphone mic. I've tried doing reinstalling drivers, updating drivers, updating windows, different headsets but nothing. The issue is non-existant on my laptop mic....
  7. Desktop audio picking up on my mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop audio picking up on my mic: I recently got a new laptop but I've come across an issue where my desktop audio is being picked up from my headphone mic. I've tried doing reinstalling drivers, updating drivers, updating windows, different headsets but nothing. The issue is non-existant on my laptop mic....
  8. Desktop audio picking up on my mic

9. Windows 10 game dvr not picking up my mic but its picking up my friends mic.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 game dvr not picking up my mic but its picking up my friends mic.: If i record out of a game it doesnt get my voice. if i record in game it doesnt record my voice. i have my mic set as default and my headset for audio, i have record only game audio off. my drivers are updated. Any ideas?...
  10. mic not picking up my voice

mic not picking up my voice: oh boy ok so im on windows 10 and im having issues with my microphone now. so my built-in laptop mic is not working atm. every time i try to record my voice, all i hear is static or light faint taps. it isnt picking up my voice but its picking up output audio. i tried...