Windows 10: My laptop is not playing audio

Discus and support My laptop is not playing audio in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop recently had a new windows update and the speakers name was change to speakers realtec high definition audio device but before the update it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EpicSnail45, Jun 24, 2020.

1. My laptop is not playing audio

My laptop recently had a new windows update and the speakers name was change to speakers realtec high definition audio device but before the update it did not say realtec in the speakers name in after this happened there was no audio so I was wondering if anybody had Solutions thank you.

submitted by /u/EpicSnail45
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EpicSnail45, Jun 24, 2020

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Subwoofer only plays bass in realtek hd audio manager

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try running Audio troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to run Audio troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

My laptop is not playing audio

Audio playing through both speakers and headphones

Hi Peadar,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

I would suggest you to turn off the audio enhancements and then check if it helps.

• Go to Start, enter
      Sound, and select
      Sound Control Panel from the list of results.
    • On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select
      Properties.
    • On the Enhancements tab, select the
      Disable all enhancements check box and try to play your audio device.
    • If that doesn't work, select Cancel
      and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the
      Disable all enhancements
      check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device
    Please revert if the audio issue still persists.

Jessen P, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

My laptop is not playing audio

1. My laptop is not playing audio - Similar Threads - laptop playing audio

2. Why is my laptop not playing the regular audio from Bluetooth audio devices, but playing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my laptop not playing the regular audio from Bluetooth audio devices, but playing...: First things first, I own a DELL Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1, running Windows 11The Bluetooth Audio devices in question are my JBL Race Endurance TWS Earbuds and JBL Extreme1 Speaker Both of these used to run perfectly fine and audio used to work fine with both of them, but a day...
  3. Why is my laptop not playing the regular audio from Bluetooth audio devices, but playing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop not playing the regular audio from Bluetooth audio devices, but playing...: First things first, I own a DELL Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1, running Windows 11The Bluetooth Audio devices in question are my JBL Race Endurance TWS Earbuds and JBL Extreme1 Speaker Both of these used to run perfectly fine and audio used to work fine with both of them, but a day...
  4. My Laptop shows there is audio playing but there is no audio. I have tried everything I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop shows there is audio playing but there is no audio. I have tried everything I...: My Laptop shows there is audio playing but there is no audio. I have tried everything I found on youtube and microsoft help Like device manager- Update and UNinstall Driver even when I plug my earphones THAT WORK no audio comes PLZ HELP! :...
  5. My Laptop shows there is audio playing but there is no audio. I have tried everything I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop shows there is audio playing but there is no audio. I have tried everything I...: My Laptop shows there is audio playing but there is no audio. I have tried everything I found on youtube and microsoft help Like device manager- Update and UNinstall Driver even when I plug my earphones THAT WORK no audio comes PLZ HELP! :...
  6. Audio doesn't play anymore on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio doesn't play anymore on my laptop: I recently saw an update on my computer. It was the Sound Research Corp. - Extension - 16.29.71.1962 update. I installed the update and since then audio has stopped playing on my laptop. Whenever I use headphones the audio still works so the problem has to be with the driver....
  7. Why isn't audio playing through my headphones on my laptop?

Why isn't audio playing through my headphones on my laptop?: All of a sudden no audio is going through my headphones when I plugged it in. The audio is only coming through my laptop instead. To note I am trying to install 3 additional updates from windows but like always they take forever to install or never do. I checked to see if the...
  8. Laptop audio plays through microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop audio plays through microphone: I just got a brand new laptop, and whenever I use my microphone (discord call, camera app, etc.), the actual laptop audio plays through into the microphone. This continues to happen even if I mute the mic via the mute switch on my headset. I only have this problem when I plug...
  9. My Laptop shows the audio is being played BUT the audio itself isnt getting played. Realtek...

My Laptop shows the audio is being played BUT the audio itself isnt getting played. Realtek...: So I woke up this morning and I open My Laptop to do normal stuff. I try to watch some videos and there is NO audio. I run troubleshooter and it says No Problems were found. When I go to sound option in setting and try to figure out the problem, The audio is ACTUALLY showing...
  10. Unable to play audio in my laptop.

Unable to play audio in my laptop.: Hello, When I try to play a sound track it gives distorted output or says cannot find the audio device. I tried troubleshooting and updating the sound drivers. But still the problem persists. Kindly help me to fix my sound problem ASAP. Thank you C.Krishnasri...