Windows 10: My Laptop is Not Plugged in, But the Icon at the Bottom Says it is

Discus and support My Laptop is Not Plugged in, But the Icon at the Bottom Says it is in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't have my laptop plugged in, but it still says it's charging it's not. I tried restarting my laptop, and it didn't go away. I uninstalled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lillian_F, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Lillian_F Win User

My Laptop is Not Plugged in, But the Icon at the Bottom Says it is

I don't have my laptop plugged in, but it still says it's charging it's not. I tried restarting my laptop, and it didn't go away. I uninstalled the last update, and it didn't go away. What do I do?

:)

Lillian_F, Aug 20, 2020

2. Laptop charging icon shows charging even when my charger is not plugged in

Hi,

I understand the previous solution worked only temporarily and the issue remains the same so as to the next step in solving this issue I would suggest you follow the below.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to windows icon and type Device Manager

Step 2:

Click to open Device Manager

Step 3:

Click Batteries on the list to expand it and you should see two items: Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

Step 4:

Right-click on each item and choose the Uninstall device. Yes, you are uninstalling your laptop's battery drivers, but don't worry because they will automatically be reinstalled when you restart your laptop.

Step 5:

Shut down your laptop.

Step 6:

Unplug the power cable from your laptop.

If your laptop has a removable battery, remove it. If no removable battery skip this step.

Step 7:

Put the battery back in if you removed it.

Step 8:

Plug in your laptop.

Step 9:

Power on your laptop.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Laptop charging icon shows charging even when my charger is not plugged in

Hi, thank you for your suggestion. I followed all the steps mentioned by you. The issue stopped temporarily. The issue started again today. The moment I switched the laptop on, the charging icon was showing that the laptop is charging even though the charger
    was not plugged in. The charging light was also on. I had to plug in the charger and switch it on and off to stop this automatic charging.

Is there any other way to solve this issue? Also, is there a chance that there is bug in the latest update?

I am worried that my laptop battery will get spoiled.

Andrea StephenyPinto, Aug 20, 2020
  4. My Laptop is Not Plugged in, But the Icon at the Bottom Says it is

why dell laptop says plugged in not charging

Dell Inspiron 15 3531 laptop still says Plugged in not charging after replacing battery and AC adapter. I've also tried uninstalling driver as suggested. Tapping F2 at startup doesn't access BIOS and it's out of warranty. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Was this caused by a Windows 10 Update issue and is there a fix for that?

Thanks

DonnaDorman, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

My Laptop is Not Plugged in, But the Icon at the Bottom Says it is

1. My Laptop is Not Plugged in, But the Icon at the Bottom Says it is - Similar Threads - Laptop Plugged Icon

2. Windows 11 Laptop says it's charging, it's not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Laptop says it's charging, it's not plugged in: My Laptop is a Dell Latitude with Windows 11 on it, and it says it's charging but it's not plugged in at all. I've reseted it three times and updated my computer just to make sure, but it still says it's charging. The battery light that shows when it's charging is still one,...
  3. My HP Laptop says my built-in microphone is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP Laptop says my built-in microphone is not plugged in: I have troubleshooted this issue and it says that I need to "plug-in" my BUILT in microphone. What are the next steps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-laptop-says-my-built-in-microphone-is-not/0ae22e2b-cdf2-4d9f-a336-151557fa5d99
  4. My HP Laptop says my built-in microphone is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP Laptop says my built-in microphone is not plugged in: I have troubleshooted this issue and it says that I need to "plug-in" my BUILT in microphone. What are the next steps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-laptop-says-my-built-in-microphone-is-not/0ae22e2b-cdf2-4d9f-a336-151557fa5d99
  5. My bottom right icons are black?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My bottom right icons are black?: [ATTACH] I can see the clock when i use a brighter wall paper but then when i use a darker one i cant see the time because the bottom right icons are black and not white can someone help?(the time on the black picture is there you just cant see it)...
  6. Says my microphone not plugged in

Says my microphone not plugged in: It worked yesterday and now I can’t talk to my friends only hear them. I looked up steps and didn’t work. So annoyed rn submitted by /u/Tarkatan-Beefcake [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jf0xxe/says_my_microphone_not_plugged_in/
  7. Laptop charging but the "plug" icon not showing.

Laptop charging but the "plug" icon not showing.: [ATTACH] I booted my laptop one day normally and put it in charging. I do it because i own a gaming laptop and it won't run above 30 fps. I think it is a battery saving feature when not plugged in. But now, when I plug it in charge, the "plug" icon on top of the battery...
  8. bottom left corner icon that says "WIDE VIEWING ANGLE"

in Windows 10 Customization
    bottom left corner icon that says "WIDE VIEWING ANGLE": All of a sudden my Win 10 display looks a bit strange and down in the extreme bottom left corner is a icon that says "WIDE VIEWING ANGLE" I dont know how it got turned on but I want to go back to regular screen. HOW?...
  9. Battery icon only says "plugged in", but it still charges.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery icon only says "plugged in", but it still charges.: Recently my laptop -an Acer Aspire ES1-533- updated, and ever since whenever it's charging it says "plugged in". Before the update it would say "plugged in, charging." However, both times it's charged this week, it's charged all the way back up to 100%. There's nothing wrong...
  10. ICONS at the bottom

in Windows 10 Support
    ICONS at the bottom: Just can't get these back. At the bottom of screen I login to yahoo mess. and it puts a icon at the bottom of screen. Well I used to have a icon that stayed there that was PC and one that said my name and had files in it. Win did a download update and they are gone now the...