Windows 10: my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord

Discus and support my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ok when ever I plug in my Dell power cord that came with my laptop I get a pop up that say's . The AC power adapter is not recognized. System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmberLewis1990, Jul 29, 2018.

1. my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord

ok when ever I plug in my Dell power cord that came with my laptop I get a pop up that say's . The AC power adapter is not recognized. System performance will be impacted. Please connect the correct Dell AC power adapter for best system operations. This adapter may not provide sufficient power to operate the system. Your system performance will be impacted.

. Ensure the plug is inserted completely for best system operation.

. Connect a dell 45w AC adapter or higher. thank you Amber

:)

AmberLewis1990, Jul 29, 2018

2. My laptop upgraded to Windows 10 and now it's been stuck on the blue shutting down screen for days. Help.

Hi,

As per the screen shot that you have send, I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop. To do so follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Stuck in Reboot loop after power cut

Hi,

We understand your concern and appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to state which troubleshooting steps have you performed bedsides the mentioned to fix the issue.

As per the description, I suspect that you might be stuck in a reboot loop. I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if it helps

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 29, 2018
  4. my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord

The screen on my HP 15 Notebook pc laptop won't turn on even though I pressed the power button

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Were you able to follow the suggestions provided previously?

As you have a laptop, ensure to plug in the power cord to the socket so that it is not running on battery.

Keep us posted.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord

1. my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord - Similar Threads - laptop recgnizing power

2. LAPTOP LOCKS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE POWER CORD IS NOT CHARGING

in Windows 10 Customization
    LAPTOP LOCKS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE POWER CORD IS NOT CHARGING: OK so my laptop locks automatically when the power cord doesn't charge for like even a second for first it says low power plug in your pc now and then locks itself then i have to turn it on and it just wastes a lot of time and i have to have my power cord in at all times...
  3. power cord replacement

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    power cord replacement: where do i purchase ew power cord https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord-replacement/d4df5660-b3c2-45c7-ad25-20ca99c5a3b6
  4. power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power cord: i am having a problem not having to use my power cord i am currenty using my battery for now what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/4ea518d3-4d89-4628-860e-3aa6e6436739
  5. Universal power cord

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Universal power cord: I had to purchase a universal power cord for my Dell laptop. It plugs in but won't charge. Any way I can get the laptop to charge??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-power-cord/ec366f36-ccc6-4119-8239-570738282c95
  6. Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery.: My laptop is currently charging with the power cord but does not seem to be running it at all. The battery is depleting while I am using the laptop to the point that it will shutdown because of low battery even though it is plugged in. Battery will then charge. Icon bar at...
  7. Power Cord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Cord: My puppy chewed my power cord. How do I find out where the info is on what type my computer is and what type of cord I need so I can order another power cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/8233434f-97a6-4b3d-b9d7-a5f9ee2e9cd8
  8. Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged

Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged: Hello everyone! I recently bought MSI GF72VR and I am having strange problem with it. Almost every time when I unplug power cord and I have open program my laptop freezes for about 3-4 seconds then it comes black screen and then blue screen and restart. I have tried to...
  9. Rca 2in1tablet power cord.

Rca 2in1tablet power cord.: I need to replace the power cord on my RCA 2in1 tablet, but am having a hard time finding one to fit. Tried two different universal cords from Walmart and neither fit correctly to start charging. Any suggestions?...
  10. I'm looking for adapter for Power Cord C5 EU plug to power my laptop

I'm looking for adapter for Power Cord C5 EU plug to power my laptop: Hey there, what I want to do is be able to connect my laptop cable to load up from computer, so connect it to usb port 2.0 or 3.0 , is that safe to do or even possible? What kind of adapter would I need? 104985