Windows 10: My Laptop is not recognizing my Brother Printer on my network. Every other laptop/device...

Discus and support My Laptop is not recognizing my Brother Printer on my network. Every other laptop/device... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Brother HL-L6200DW installed on my personal laptop running windows 10. I just spent an hour with a level 5 brother technician trying to figure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jschwa70, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Jschwa70 Win User

My Laptop is not recognizing my Brother Printer on my network. Every other laptop/device...

I have a Brother HL-L6200DW installed on my personal laptop running windows 10. I just spent an hour with a level 5 brother technician trying to figure out why my personal laptop which has been running this printer for ~6 months will no longer recognize it. We checked the latest windows updates, McAfee and Windows defender etc and nothing is pointing to why it's not recognizing the printer. My work laptop and phone both can connect and print to the printer and all are on the same network.

:)

Jschwa70, Mar 24, 2021
  2. MikeR Win User

Windows 10 computer recognizes Brother MFC printer on network but not the scanner part??

Windows 10 Laptop computer recognizes Brother MFC printer on network but not the scanner part??

MikeR, Mar 24, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

My Laptop is not recognizing my Brother Printer on my network.  Every other laptop/device... [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 24, 2021
  4. jacobacci Win User

My Laptop is not recognizing my Brother Printer on my network. Every other laptop/device...

Brother MFC J6720DW listed with strange icon in Devices and Printers

I have reinstalled the drivers for my Brother MFC J6720DW and now the printer icon is listed in the unspecified category instead of the printer category. The printer is the "Device" icon to the right.

My Laptop is not recognizing my Brother Printer on my network.  Every other laptop/device... [​IMG]

Right clicking on the icon shows the usual items for a printer (printing properties etc.), In addition it shows a "Browse Files" entry that lists the card reader of the printer.

To the left of the Brother printer icon there is another similar one that seems to be my USB card reader

jacobacci, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

1. My Laptop is not recognizing my Brother Printer on my network. Every other laptop/device... - Similar Threads - Laptop recognizing Brother

2. How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop: How do I connect a BROTHER Printer to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-a-brother-printer-to-my-laptop/47e9fb5a-6d75-4d33-ba9a-470e4bf10575
  3. How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop: How do I connect a BROTHER Printer to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-a-brother-printer-to-my-laptop/47e9fb5a-6d75-4d33-ba9a-470e4bf10575
  4. Certain wifi network not detected in my laptop and other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain wifi network not detected in my laptop and other devices: For some odd reason, all my devices cannot detect wifi signal from my modem at home. I already restarted it several times to no avail.I am only able to connect to the internet using my mobile hotspot....
  5. Certain wifi network not detected in my laptop and other devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain wifi network not detected in my laptop and other devices: For some odd reason, all my devices cannot detect wifi signal from my modem at home. I already restarted it several times to no avail.I am only able to connect to the internet using my mobile hotspot....
  6. My Brother Printer does not recognize my Surface Pro

My Brother Printer does not recognize my Surface Pro: My Brother Printer MFC-J995DW does not recognize my surface pro. Please help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-brother-printer-does-not-recognize-my-surface/8a716207-2d4c-4756-870b-2766c2ccb47a
  7. Network printer not recognize by my pc

Network printer not recognize by my pc: HP Deskjet 2332 After updating from Windows 8 to Windows 10 my network printer is refusing to connect. When I go to printer settings and search for available printer it doesn't shows up. I'm afraid if it's compatible with new windows or not....
  8. My Laptop doesn't recognize my devices

My Laptop doesn't recognize my devices: My laptop is about 2 years with me, I had no problem with it, but now it doesn't want to recognize my USB devices why is this happening now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-doesnt-recognize-my-devices/6debc71a-7725-4951-8b9b-bca1c71ca79f
  9. My Brother Printer will not scan from my laptop; it says my scanner is not connected

My Brother Printer will not scan from my laptop; it says my scanner is not connected: My scanner on Brother printer has stopped scanning from my laptop; it says that scanner is not connected. It was working fine before....
  10. USB device not recognized on my laptop but recognized in other pcs/lap

USB device not recognized on my laptop but recognized in other pcs/lap: Hello everyone.. Yesterday my laptop pushed a new Win 10 update, and all went fine, or at least I think so. But today I see that my Sony WALKMAN - which I used with no problem until now, can't be recognized anymore. Basically it just shows as (E*Smile or Usb Drive E: but...