Windows 10: My laptop is not responding + freezes

Discus and support My laptop is not responding + freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I had this problem where my laptop is not responding and when it responds it's freezing the whole thing freezes and I had to shut it down I can't do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NjoodIbrahim, Apr 9, 2020.

1. My laptop is not responding + freezes

So I had this problem where my laptop is not responding and when it responds it's freezing the whole thing freezes and I had to shut it down I can't do my work I tried a lot of solution none of them worked I don't want to format it but nothing works too what should I do? Actually, the setting works well if you have a solution involve it but otherwise no and about thigs take time to download or anything take time also won't work it makes the laptop freezes and I had to shut it down ....

:)

NjoodIbrahim, Apr 9, 2020

2. Windows Folders Randomly Freezing and Not Responding

Once in a while, some of my windows folders, irrespective of the number of files and their size randomly freezes, then shows not responding and shuts down.

When i try and open them again they do the same. over and over.

the only solutions I have found to overcome this is.

1. Restart the System.
    2. Remove a few items from the folder.
    3. Change the Sort by/Group by Format of the folder.

Can anyone suggest what may be the source of the problem; and any solutions ?

Vigneswara Prabhu, Apr 10, 2020
  3. My laptop is not responding + freezes

So I had this problem where my laptop is not responding and when it responds it's freezing the whole thing freezes and I had to shut it down I can't do my work I tried a lot of solution none of them worked I don't want to format it but nothing works too
    what should I do? Actually, the setting works well if you have a solution involve it but otherwise no and about thigs take time to download or anything take time also won't work it makes the laptop freezes and I had to shut it down...

I forget to mention that at first, I can move the cursor but when I select something it takes a while then it's not responding then freezing then I had to shut down the laptop

NjoodIbrahim, Apr 10, 2020
  4. My laptop is not responding + freezes

System Stopped Responding aka Freezed

Thank you for your prompt response. Based on your answers, there are possibility that some components of the game are corrupted. If your game is freezing or not responding, uninstalling and reinstalling it will remove and replace the files that run the game.

Here are the steps on how to uninstall and reinstall your game:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list.
    • Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.
    • Follow the steps to uninstall the game.
    • To reinstall your game, open Windows Store app, and then select the profile button.
    • Select My Library.
    • Locate the game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

We also suggest that you restart your computer to normal startup to disable unnecessary apps that run in the background of your computer while you are using it. Here's how:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.
    • Type msconfig, and then click
      OK
    • On the General tab, click the
      Normal Startup
      , and then click OK.
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click
      Restart.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the steps above.

Loraine Mon, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

My laptop is not responding + freezes

1. My laptop is not responding + freezes - Similar Threads - laptop responding freezes

2. Laptop stops responding in between and screen freezes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stops responding in between and screen freezes.: I bought a new hp 245 g8 notebook laptop a month ago it's screen used to freeze a lot then I updated it from windows 10 to windows 11. Even after updating the laptop is too slow, even don't respond many times a day , it's screen freezes and keys and mouse doesn't work or...
  3. Laptop stops responding in between and screen freezes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stops responding in between and screen freezes.: I bought a new hp 245 g8 notebook laptop a month ago it's screen used to freeze a lot then I updated it from windows 10 to windows 11. Even after updating the laptop is too slow, even don't respond many times a day , it's screen freezes and keys and mouse doesn't work or...
  4. Outlook freezing and not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook freezing and not responding: Hello. I work for an MSP and we are having an issue on a number of Dell issues laptops. All running windows 11 with good specs. Outlook will randomly start freezing and be unusable. The only way our users can get back to work is by force closing the app or restarting their...
  5. Outlook freezing and not responding

Outlook freezing and not responding: Hello. I work for an MSP and we are having an issue on a number of Dell issues laptops. All running windows 11 with good specs. Outlook will randomly start freezing and be unusable. The only way our users can get back to work is by force closing the app or restarting their...
  6. PC not responding/freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC not responding/freezes: PC apps stop responding/loading 1 by 1,eventually entire PC stops responding.Try to shutdown but the PC gets stuck on the 'Shutting down' screen.Tried updating windows,defragmenting,memory scan and a virus scan.none worked.disable fast start-up also...
  7. PC not responding/freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not responding/freezes: PC apps stop responding/loading 1 by 1,eventually entire PC stops responding.Try to shutdown but the PC gets stuck on the 'Shutting down' screen.Tried updating windows,defragmenting,memory scan and a virus scan.none worked.disable fast start-up also...
  8. PC not responding/freezes

9. Nothing is responding on my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing is responding on my laptop: When I open my laptop everything seems fine but when I click on anything the screen freezes. The taskbar stops responding and I can’t even ctrl + alt + delete. After a few minutes it seems like I can click on things but everything becomes frozen again the second I try to do...
  10. Slow performance of laptop and freezing , not responding.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow performance of laptop and freezing , not responding.: I have Lenovo IdeaPad 300 i5 6th gen , 4 gb ram 1 tb hard drive it came with pre-installed windows 10 but now many times when I open chrome it shows not responding and many other programs like vlc paint do same and laptop is very slow what to do?...