Windows 10: My Laptop is not shutting down after upgrade to windows 10 (All Version)

Discus and support My Laptop is not shutting down after upgrade to windows 10 (All Version) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have "HP ENVY Notebook - 15-k111tx" laptop (A good configuration laptop). After upgrade to windows 10 (all version) my laptop is not working nice. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ashwani Korpal, Jul 28, 2019.

1. My Laptop is not shutting down after upgrade to windows 10 (All Version)

I have "HP ENVY Notebook - 15-k111tx" laptop (A good configuration laptop). After upgrade to windows 10 (all version) my laptop is not working nice. It take more time to start. My main issue is, It does not shutdown. Its power button light always ON, screen turn off but not power button light . I have to shutdown my laptop forcefully by pressing power button. I always keep my laptop up to date with latest windows patches/updates. I three to four times reinstall windows 10 but issue remain same Currently I have Windows 10 1903 version. When I down grade to windows 8.1 laptop works good. Kindly help to resolve.

:)

Ashwani Korpal, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 28, 2019
  4. My Laptop is not shutting down after upgrade to windows 10 (All Version)

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

My Laptop is not shutting down after upgrade to windows 10 (All Version)

1. My Laptop is not shutting down after upgrade to windows 10 (All Version) - Similar Threads - Laptop shutting down

2. my laptop is not shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop is not shutting down: My Lenovo laptop was working fine until i started it up from it being shut down and the battery 0 after charging it and trying to turn it off it brings me to the Boot Menu. From here i can't exit or select any of the options. If i shut it down, it would just automatically...
  3. Windows not shutting down at all

Windows not shutting down at all: I got my Windows today after repair and I found out that it is not shutting down at all. Using short cut key or the normal method will not work. Before PC is having multiple issues so I decided to bring it to repair shop but now this is the problem....
  4. Laptop shutting down after upgrading ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shutting down after upgrading ram: Hi everyone i have been facing an issue that, I have a Walton bx3 laptop running windows 10 specs: i3 8130u 4GB DDR4 ram 2400mhz and 1TB hard drive. I recently upgraded my ram to 8GB and switched to SSD but from then my cpu usage is really high idle and when I go to play...
  5. Laptop shutting down after upgrading ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shutting down after upgrading ram: Hi everyone i have been facing an issue that, I have a Walton bx3 laptop running windows 10 specs: i3 8130u 4GB DDR4 ram 2400mhz and 1TB hard drive. I recently upgraded my ram to 8GB and switched to SSD but from then my cpu usage is really high idle and when I go to play...
  6. Laptop shutting down after upgrading ram

7. .Newly-upgraded Windows 10 laptop repeatedly shuts down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    .Newly-upgraded Windows 10 laptop repeatedly shuts down: After upgrading my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, it repeatedly shuts down after about 15 minutes. I have applied all the fixes I can find regarding sleep settings, fast start disable etc. but nothing has helped...
  8. Laptop battery is on after Shutting down the laptop with windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop battery is on after Shutting down the laptop with windows 10.: Every day I observed after opening my Dell Inspiron laptop after one day no battery backup on my laptop. But laptop battery charge was full when I shut downed the laptop. I want to proper shut down. What will setup? Pls. let me know. Thanks, Qamrul Huda...
  9. Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update: Since updating Windows last week, my laptop will consistently shut down a couple minutes after being turned on. The screen goes black and then the power and hard drive activity light turn off, which suggests it has shut down but when I power it back on all programs are still...
  10. Laptop Won't Shut Down after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Won't Shut Down after Windows 10 Upgrade: I have an HP laptop. I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. When I click the Shut Down, it looks like it will, but loops back on back to my Desktop. So then I just hold down the power button to shut down. I always try to click the Shut Down first. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop is not shutting down

2. windows 1903 restart when shut down