Windows 10: My laptop is now virtually unusable.

Discus and support My laptop is now virtually unusable. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After an attempt to factory reset it, it has become exceptionally problematic. After signing in, it takes a long time to load up. When it does, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jeanette Winters, Mar 15, 2019.

1. My laptop is now virtually unusable.

After an attempt to factory reset it, it has become exceptionally problematic. After signing in, it takes a long time to load up. When it does, I am faced with a black screen. I can open the Task Manager to open programs. Photos, Videos and the Store are gone. PowerShell isn't functioning. I have gone on thread after thread looking for a solution.

:)

Jeanette Winters, Mar 15, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Ph0609 Win User
    WINDOWS UPDATE MAKING MY LAPTOP UNUSABLE

Hi

I have a two month old laptop which is not virtually unusable due to the latest windows updates. Who do I hold responsible? I have the latest os - Windows 10- is teh laptop faulty? I can't see how when it is virtually new or the updates? To state the problem
    my laptop has been stuck on "Working on Updates - 100% - do not turn of your computer all day and all night? What do I do? Either my laptop is faulty or MSN have ruined my laptop.

Ph0609, Mar 15, 2019
  4. My laptop is now virtually unusable.

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

My laptop is now virtually unusable.

1. My laptop is now virtually unusable. - Similar Threads - laptop virtually unusable

2. Is my laptop at risk now?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is my laptop at risk now?: I seldom use my laptop, I remember the last time I use it was on April 2017, like 1.5 years from now. I then put it in a carry bag in a cool place always. However, the lithium battery wasn't removed. My question is 1. Is this lithium battery at risk of "leaking" or "going...
  3. Update 1809 has rendered my perfectly functioning laptop near unusable!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1809 has rendered my perfectly functioning laptop near unusable!!: An expensive, very, custom ASUS running PERFECTLY for 18 months now, in spite of Microsoft force-feeding 'feature' updates into it (has nobody at Microsoft ever entertained the idea that some of us could not care any less about having new 'features'?). That was until the...
  4. My pc crashes and it’s unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc crashes and it’s unusable: So my pc is acting really weird right now and it really scares me. (Windows 10) So whenever I start my pc it works fine and everything loads and is in order except for the audio icon which has a red x under it and when I hover above it it says “The audio service is not...
  5. Windows 10 Poor Quality - Product Virtually unusable

Windows 10 Poor Quality - Product Virtually unusable: I have been astonished at the number of problems that I have come across with Windows 10, right now I am running an sfc /scannow command in an effort to recover the much trumpeted Microsoft Edge browser which suddenly disappeared from my Start menu and my taskbar. Over the...
  6. Laptop unusable after 1083 W10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop unusable after 1083 W10 update: My laptop started out on W7 and migrated to W10 through the push from Microsoft. After performing the 1083 update (not at my request ~ I had left it unattended and the update kicked in) my laptop just has a black background, some desktop icons, but no functionality or network...
  7. Bluestacks on virtual pc lagging so much it's unusable

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Bluestacks on virtual pc lagging so much it's unusable: Main PC: Win7 x64 8 GB RAM GTX 970 i7 4770K 4.2 GHz Installed a fresh version of Win 7 x32 in a Virtualbox, installed the guest addon and the Direct 3D thing. Installed Bluestacks with no issues. I can use the virutalbox just fine but when I start Bluestacks it...
  8. New laptop; Edge virtually useless

in Browsers and Email
    New laptop; Edge virtually useless: Posting in the hopes that someone has had a similar issue and has been able to sort it. I recently bought a laptop from MSI to serve as a desktop replacement. It mostly seems fine except one thing - Edge. I'm not sure whether it was malfunctioning from the start or whether...
  9. My Computer is Unusable. PLEASE HELP!!

My Computer is Unusable. PLEASE HELP!!: NOTE: as I was writing this post ANOTHER BSOD happened *Sad Hi All, I need help. My computer is basically useless now with BSOD every 5-15min constantly. And this all started after I did the dreadful Anniversary Update. In the mist of all the problems I got...
  10. Virtual Box 4.3.4 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Virtual Box 4.3.4 now available: For those who use Virtual Box VM creater there is an up grade now on the street Version 4.3.4. . .Good luck with it. . .*Biggrin