Windows 10: My laptop is on automatic repair loop

Discus and support My laptop is on automatic repair loop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; see here Earlier this day i turned on my laptop used it like normal then i tried to plug my phone via cable and it didn't recognize it. I tried using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SnooPies2871, Jan 15, 2021.

1. My laptop is on automatic repair loop

see here

Earlier this day i turned on my laptop used it like normal then i tried to plug my phone via cable and it didn't recognize it. I tried using my flash drive and didn't recognize also. I also unplugged my usb hub and when i plugged it back it won't recognize it too. After that I've thought that the drivers must be having a problem. So i restarted my laptop, that's where my nightmare begins, first it booted in where it says they were trying to fix the problem and restart it for me. Waited for a couple of minutes hut it didn't restarted. So i turned it on and it booted into recovery mode. I tried using "self repair" but it didn't work. I tried using system restore but it failed couple of times saying something is corrupted within my drive. I used cd chkdsk to see if there's any problem with my drive but it says it's completely fine. I did a couple of research and then found out that the SrtTrail.txt is the one responsible for this loop. I somehow opened the SrtTrail.txt file using cmd prompt and when i press ctrl+O it opened a lil window like file explorer, i found there the SrtTrail.txt file. i have the option to delete it. I wonder if deleting it would fix my problem? Thanks.

submitted by /u/SnooPies2871
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SnooPies2871, Jan 15, 2021

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 15, 2021
  3. larry Win User
    larry, Jan 15, 2021
  4. My laptop is on automatic repair loop

Automatic repair loop

So I have a year old ASUS laptop. Yesterday it entered the automatic repair loop and now I can't get it out. I have tried a number of fixes. Firstly I tried doing the followings command

• bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /Fixboot
    followed by chkdsk but nothing seems to happened

Then I did a system restore which seemed to fix it for a while but then it rebooted to the repair loop. Finally I reset the PC and reinstalled windows. Again this worked for a while and then rebooted to the repair loop. I am stuck and any help would
    be appreciated.

Andrew EvansSD, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

My laptop is on automatic repair loop

1. My laptop is on automatic repair loop - Similar Threads - laptop automatic repair

2. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair Loop: When I turn my laptop on it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" and goes black. Then it turns off. I've looked for some solutions but none match my problem. Thank you : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair-loop/83cc9400-b3a9-4b51-a99c-f0510ad80dff
  3. Laptop Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: I reset my laptop earlier today and when I turned it back on its stuck saying "Preparing Automatic Repair" I've let it sit for over a hour now and nothing is happening. All the guides say to launch safety mode but when I press F11 to open the options it gets stuck on another...
  4. Laptop Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: I reset my laptop earlier today and when I turned it back on its stuck saying "Preparing Automatic Repair" I've let it sit for over a hour now and nothing is happening. All the guides say to launch safety mode but when I press F11 to open the options it gets stuck on another...
  5. Laptop Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Automatic Repair Loop

Automatic Repair Loop: Hi, I'm currently experiencing this automatic repair loop, I already tried restarting and watched videos of how to fix it but none of them works, I stumbled upon a video where you use command prompt but in my case, I couldn't use it because it needs me to sigj in, I forgot to...
  7. Surface Laptop Automatic Repair Loop

Surface Laptop Automatic Repair Loop: My laptop has been stuck in this automatic repair loop for several days. It starts with a black screen saying “preparing automatic repair... diagnosing your PC” and then i get a blue screen that says something like “automatic repair couldn’t repair your PC”. I called customer...
  8. Automatic Repair Loop

Automatic Repair Loop: Can someone please help me. My laptop is stuck in automatic repair loop. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Windows 10. It was working alright this morning until I turn it off then tryed to turn it back on. It was really slow starting up and when it did a message come up...
  9. Endless automatic repair loop on Laptop

Endless automatic repair loop on Laptop: Laptop: Acer aspire v7 nitro Since a couple days ago my laptop goes into an endless automatic repair loop. A year ago I had a problem where it kept saying "no bootable devices found" and I went to a local repair shop. They did a factory reset en installed a new hard drive....
  10. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Repair Loop: Have an existing W-10 Home on a Dell 660 Desktop. It keeps starting with the Automatic Repair that goes to the "Diagnosing your PC" to the "Pc did not start correctly". Going to "Advanced" and "Troubleshooting" I first tried to "Reset". Went thru the motions then "Could not...