Windows 10: My Laptop is only Showing my phone's WiFi Hotspot when I turn on the WiFi. It isn't showing...

Discus and support My Laptop is only Showing my phone's WiFi Hotspot when I turn on the WiFi. It isn't showing... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Usually I get like 5-10 available networks but today I'm not getting any networks. So to test I turned on my phone's hotspot and for some reason my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/luffygokunaruto, Oct 29, 2019.

1. My Laptop is only Showing my phone's WiFi Hotspot when I turn on the WiFi. It isn't showing...

Usually I get like 5-10 available networks but today I'm not getting any networks.

So to test I turned on my phone's hotspot and for some reason my laptop is showing this network and it is also able to connect to it

submitted by /u/luffygokunaruto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/luffygokunaruto, Oct 29, 2019

2. WiFi Hotspot Problem in My Laptop

Hi, I have installed windows10 pro in my laptop. I used window8 before it. I was able to make wifi hotspot in my previous windows8. But in this windows10 pro I can not use wifi hotspot with my samsunggallaxy s3 phone. I have used several types of wifi hotspot creator software, like, my wifi router (I used it before), my public wifi, baidu wifi, virtual router and with COMMAND Prompt. Phone is showing connected, but cannot access to the internet. Please help me.

My laptop config:
    Asus dual core
    model: a42f

RezaulKarim, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

My Laptop is only Showing my phone's WiFi Hotspot when I turn on the WiFi. It isn't showing... [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

My Laptop is only Showing my phone's WiFi Hotspot when I turn on the WiFi. It isn't showing... [​IMG]

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Oct 30, 2019
  4. My Laptop is only Showing my phone's WiFi Hotspot when I turn on the WiFi. It isn't showing...

window xp not showing/detecting my hotspot/WiFi

hello friends actually im facing a strange situation. i have karbonn 4G mobile and i have window xp in my PC.

the problem im facing is my PC doesn't show my hotspot/WiFi whenever I click on refresh list after clicking ON on hotspot icon. but my PC easily shows my brother's hotspot/WiFi whereas he has karbonn 3G phone and surprisingly
    my PC also easily shows my younger brother's hotspot/WiFi even he has also 4G mobile.(vivo v+)

In nutshell " my PC doesn't show my hotspot/WiFi but it shows others wifi ".

deep singh purewal, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

My Laptop is only Showing my phone's WiFi Hotspot when I turn on the WiFi. It isn't showing...

1. My Laptop is only Showing my phone's WiFi Hotspot when I turn on the WiFi. It isn't showing... - Similar Threads - Laptop Showing phone's

2. My wifi network isn't showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi network isn't showing up: I am trying to get into my old laptop. Whenever I click on the Wi-Fi icon on the lock screen, it shows up with my neighbor's Wi-Fi but not my own. All the other devices I can connect to wifi except for that laptop. I can't log in to my laptop because it is very old, and I...
  3. My wifi network isn't showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi network isn't showing up: I am trying to get into my old laptop. Whenever I click on the Wi-Fi icon on the lock screen, it shows up with my neighbor's Wi-Fi but not my own. All the other devices I can connect to wifi except for that laptop. I can't log in to my laptop because it is very old, and I...
  4. My wifi is lost. Why isn't it showing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi is lost. Why isn't it showing?: Even in the setting there is no wifi option in Network & Internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-is-lost-why-isnt-it-showing/ed6acc3f-b537-4bf4-87bb-5030cc88edd3
  5. My wifi is lost. Why isn't it showing?

My wifi is lost. Why isn't it showing?: Even in the setting there is no wifi option in Network & Internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-is-lost-why-isnt-it-showing/ed6acc3f-b537-4bf4-87bb-5030cc88edd3
  6. My wifi is lost. Why isn't it showing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. No Internet when Wifi is Connected to Hotspot only for my Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Internet when Wifi is Connected to Hotspot only for my Laptop.: Hi, The issue I am facing is that I am not able to access the internet like before when connected to my smartphone's hotspot. It worked with no issue till yesterday. Now, it shows that I am connected, but cannot access the internet.The issue, as I suppose, is from the Windows...
  8. No Internet when Wifi is Connected to Hotspot only for my Laptop.

No Internet when Wifi is Connected to Hotspot only for my Laptop.: Hi, The issue I am facing is that I am not able to access the internet like before when connected to my smartphone's hotspot. It worked with no issue till yesterday. Now, it shows that I am connected, but cannot access the internet.The issue, as I suppose, is from the Windows...
  9. No Internet when Wifi is Connected to Hotspot only for my Laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Only My mobile phone's hotspot is not showing in my laptop but it is showing in other...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only My mobile phone's hotspot is not showing in my laptop but it is showing in other...: My mobile phone is vivo v5s and now my windows edition is windows 10 and laptop is hp 250g3 notebook .Although I have reinstalled window still this problem occurs....