Windows 10: My laptop is running very slow. I am using Windows 10 on my laptop. How to run it fast?

Discus and support My laptop is running very slow. I am using Windows 10 on my laptop. How to run it fast? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Can someone please assist me that how can I make my laptop run fast. it's running very slow. Whenever I start my laptop, it's taking long time to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShaluDevi, Apr 8, 2021.

1. ShaluDevi Win User

My laptop is running very slow. I am using Windows 10 on my laptop. How to run it fast?

Hi,

Can someone please assist me that how can I make my laptop run fast. it's running very slow. Whenever I start my laptop, it's taking long time to start. Also, other applications, browsers and functions are running very slow.

For instance, If I am opening "Word' it approximately taking 10 to 15 minutes just to open "Word". I am really frustrate with this problem.

Please help me.

:)

ShaluDevi, Apr 8, 2021
  2. marnirao Win User

Windows 10 Laptop running very slow

hi

this is

I was purchased new laptop, that configuration are as follows:-

Lenovo Ideapad 330

Windows 10 home Single Language

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 - 7130U CPU @ 2.70 GHz

4 GB RAM

1 TB Hard Disk

From the fist day onwards I am trying to use better. But it was running very slow.

I am trying to cleaning the following steps

1. temp

2. %temp%

3. Recent

4. Prefetch

I am cleaning every thing, but booting is taking 3 min time. and running applications is very slow.

I have a PC in my office, it is Pentium Processer, It is running very fast. But I am using original OS, original ms office and tally only, there is no other software using in my laptop.

Laptop Windows 10 is updated up to July 2019. But booting and opening applications is still slow.

kindly suggest me how to open windows 10 with min 30 seconds

marnirao, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Windows 10 is running slow in my Laptop

Hello,

I am having trouble with windows 10 speed. It is running slow in my laptop.

I find issues in following:-

1.) Take too long booting time

2.) Tab switching is slow

3.) Google Chrome is not running fast

4.) Running of codes is slow.

My Laptops Features:-

>intel i3 core 7th generation

> 2.40 GHZ processing speed

> 4 GB RAM and 1TB Storage

Please help if I need to downgrade my windows to 8.1 or anything else that I should do before downgrading.

chef_bhaskar, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Jessen P Win User

My laptop is running very slow. I am using Windows 10 on my laptop. How to run it fast?

Laptop is running very slow

Hi Thomas,

What all troubleshooting steps have you performed?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I would request you to execute the System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if there is any improvement in the speed of laptop.

To perform common maintenance tasks in Windows, such as cleaning up unused files and shortcuts, try using the System Maintenance troubleshooter to automatically find and fix problems. For example, the System Maintenance troubleshooter looks for unused files
    and shortcuts that you can clean up or remove so that your computer can run faster.

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

• Click on System Maintenance option.

• Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Please revert if you face any issues with slow speed of laptop.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. My laptop is running very slow. I am using Windows 10 on my laptop. How to run it fast? - Similar Threads - laptop running very

2. My HP Pavilion laptop running very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP Pavilion laptop running very slow.: I had purchased HP pavilion few years back, windows 10 support is this laptop.Many times this laptop work very slow. Called HP customer care couple of times and they asked me to format the system, after that it worked well for few months. Again same problem occurred. Space...
  3. My HP Pavilion laptop running very slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP Pavilion laptop running very slow.: I had purchased HP pavilion few years back, windows 10 support is this laptop.Many times this laptop work very slow. Called HP customer care couple of times and they asked me to format the system, after that it worked well for few months. Again same problem occurred. Space...
  4. My HP Pavilion laptop running very slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Window 10 Laptop Suddenly Running Very Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Window 10 Laptop Suddenly Running Very Slow: Greetings, I have a fairly decent laptop with Windows 10 that has been working fine up until yesterday when my laptop sudden started being very slow. When I click on my folders, it would take up to 5secs for the folders window to pop up, which normally would be fairly...
  6. Laptop is running very slow

Laptop is running very slow: my windows 10 is running very slow. it taking 3-4 minutes to start. 10 seconds to open any window. the windows update of version 2004 is failing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-is-running-very-slow/2c08d0bb-8031-46f2-a8ea-f2580aa13187
  7. Windows 10 is running slow in my Laptop

Windows 10 is running slow in my Laptop: Hello, I am having trouble with windows 10 speed. It is running slow in my laptop. I find issues in following:- 1.) Take too long booting time 2.) Tab switching is slow 3.) Google Chrome is not running fast 4.) Running of codes is slow. My Laptops Features:- >intel...
  8. Windows 10 Laptop running very slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Laptop running very slow: hi this is marnirao I was purchased new laptop, that configuration are as follows:- Lenovo Ideapad 330 Windows 10 home Single Language Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 - 7130U CPU @ 2.70 GHz 4 GB RAM 1 TB Hard Disk From the fist day onwards I am trying to use better. But...
  9. My Windows 10 is Running Very Slow

My Windows 10 is Running Very Slow: Dear Sir My Windows 10 is running very slow on my Dell Inspiron Model P66F. My Laptop Configuration is as below. Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)...
  10. Windows 10 running very slow on one of my laptops

Windows 10 running very slow on one of my laptops: Hi, Windows is running very slow on one of my I3 boxes which has Intel Core I3-4010U CPU @1.70 GHZ whereas other one having same I3 processor is running fine. Even the installation of updates is not completed even when i left my laptop open whole night. I am currently...