Windows 10: My laptop is shown as an access point when looking for wifi networks on my phone

Discus and support My laptop is shown as an access point when looking for wifi networks on my phone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In the last week I noticed that there is a new access point showing on my phone list of available wifi networks and I checked the mac address and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Daizo77, Feb 12, 2020.

1. My laptop is shown as an access point when looking for wifi networks on my phone

In the last week I noticed that there is a new access point showing on my phone list of available wifi networks and I checked the mac address and it turned out to be the mac address of my computer. I don't remember seeing this before and I want to know how can I turn it off . I made share that i diabled hotspot and turned off all network sharing.

submitted by /u/Daizo77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Daizo77, Feb 12, 2020

2. Wifi network is not shown:

Dear All,

I'm using Nokia E63.

Firmware version: 500.21.009

If i am (already) connected to my wifi network (could b browsing (web) or any other gprs app), and i want to use some other gprs related app(cud be web), when it asks to connect to some access point, "select access point", my currently connected wifi is
    not shown there. Rather an option 'search for wlan' is shown with other local network options.

If i click "search for wlan", it gives me an error that one wlan is already cnncted, disconnect it ist.

And if i try to connect it again, it does show my (already connected) wifi in 'select access point' option. i.e, it shows it in 2nd try (if i m already connected to wifi network).

However this problem dosnt happen if i m going to connect to wifi for the ist time (i.e, if wifi is not connected in my phone), it does show my wifi router in select access point option...

I've been facing this problem for the last 3 to 4 days, before that it was working fine...

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Omer.

omer785---01, Feb 12, 2020
  3. (new/other) WIFI Networks not shown

Hi there,

my laptop is run with windows 8

In the past I was able to connect with new/other WIFI networks (e.g. in hotels) without any problem. Now I discovered that only "known" WIFI networks are shown with which I can connect without any problem.

WIFI router works without problem (was able to connect with my smart phone and tablet easily).

I am using McAfee LifeSafe and checked with their hotline. Even after having de-activated all features of McAfee problem could not be solved.

What can I do that new/other WIFI routers/networks are shown again in the list of available networks?

In a nutshell:

- WIFI router in perfect function

- smart phone and table easily connected

- laptop doesn't show available networks also after having de-activated Internet Security software (McAfee)

Looking forward to your ideas. There must be something that I can change as it used to work in the past without any problem...

Many thanks to all who might have an idea.

3 Cheers

Andreas

Andreas Spamer-Schmidt, Feb 12, 2020
  4. My laptop is shown as an access point when looking for wifi networks on my phone

Upgrading access points

I have a office building approximately 120ft x 100ft. Currently there are three access points (Linksys WAP54G) and i am having dropped connections constantly. The access points are connected to a network switch. I have on average around 60 active connections (employee phones, laptops, ect). Is it better to upgrade all three access points, or just install a good router in the middle of the building to handle all the traffic?

karolpl2004, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

My laptop is shown as an access point when looking for wifi networks on my phone

1. My laptop is shown as an access point when looking for wifi networks on my phone - Similar Threads - laptop shown access

2. My laptop doesn't connect to one particular wifi network while when my phone connect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesn't connect to one particular wifi network while when my phone connect to...: My laptop doesn't connect to one particular wifi network while when my phone connect to laptop very fine and that same network when is connected to other devices the wifi works fine . And that same wifi name is not displayed on the "show available network" section...
  3. My laptop doesn't connect to one particular wifi network while when my phone connect to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop doesn't connect to one particular wifi network while when my phone connect to...: My laptop doesn't connect to one particular wifi network while when my phone connect to laptop very fine and that same network when is connected to other devices the wifi works fine . And that same wifi name is not displayed on the "show available network" section...
  4. Cannot access my WIFI network on my Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access my WIFI network on my Lenovo laptop: I cannot detect my own WIFI network on my Lenovo Laptop. The network card appears to work fine but still cannot connect to my WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-my-wifi-network-on-my-lenovo-laptop/ad678011-bf22-412b-8ac4-54c2b0f56e2b
  5. Cannot access my WIFI network on my Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access my WIFI network on my Lenovo laptop: I cannot detect my own WIFI network on my Lenovo Laptop. The network card appears to work fine but still cannot connect to my WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-my-wifi-network-on-my-lenovo-laptop/ad678011-bf22-412b-8ac4-54c2b0f56e2b
  6. Cannot access my WIFI network on my Lenovo laptop

7. 5G WiFi network not shown

5G WiFi network not shown: Hi, I want to connect my laptop to 5G network, but 5G band WiFi not shown. The WiFi found by my network adapterbuilt in is 2.4G networks. My very old phoneSamsung Galaxy S3 can detect 5G network, but on my laptop it can't detect. That dosen't make sense. I should fix this...
  8. my laptop when connected to the wifi shown connected but no internet

my laptop when connected to the wifi shown connected but no internet: my laptop when connected to the wifi shown connected but no internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-when-connected-to-the-wifi-shown/cf1a3397-d074-4065-94ba-6fd5b87458d2
  9. Some WiFi networks not shown

Some WiFi networks not shown: I have a dual band router. My laptop detects the 5Ghz band but does not detect the 2.4Ghz band. Other devices (android) do detect both bands. I'm looking for a solution to this problem. Thanks in advance....
  10. Looking for my 5 GHZ wifi network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for my 5 GHZ wifi network: Time ago, at the very start of my contract with my wifi network. I could choose from my 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ wifi easily from my computer (Windows 10) and my phone (7s) everything was good and I used to be connected all the time to 2.4 GHZ wifi. Nowadays I'm trying to connect to...