Windows 10: My laptop is slow in playing games

Discus and support My laptop is slow in playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a dell Vostro 3560 intel i5 3230 processor intel HD 4000 AMD RADEON HD 7600M series Le me tell the whole condition Months ago my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yuvi2004, Apr 7, 2020.

1. yuvi2004 Win User

My laptop is slow in playing games

I have a dell Vostro 3560

intel i5 3230 processor

intel HD 4000

AMD RADEON HD 7600M series

Le me tell the whole condition

Months ago my laptop was upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 and because of that all my games got slow.

The only solution that worked for me was to uninstall the amd display driver and then my games ran almost smoothly at around 30-35fps the same games ran at 50-60 fps in windows 7

Then just yesterday for the sake of the computer, I reinstalled the amd catalyst driver and BOOM my fps game one went to 45 fps World of Warships but in game 2 fortnite the fps dropped to 15fps from 30.

Today I was jus interested in seeing the ram chips and slots of my laptop, so I have 2 slots 2x4gb rams, I interchanged both the rams from the slots and a beeping sound came 4 times, so I again put them back in their respective places, one was a green ram another a blue one. The blue one has 16 black chips, 8 on each side, the green one has 8 chips with 4 on each side.

Today in order to increase my performance I tried to increase my VRAM32mb to around 512 mb in the registry, but it didn't work, created GMM file under intel, and in the GMM file I created a D-Word 32bit and named it dedicatedsegmentsize and entered the value as 512, but no change occurred.

I know that vram can be changed in bios, but my laptop doesn't support it.

Today too I installed and reinstalled and deleted the amd catalyst center several times, but no difference in the performance, so I again uninstalled the amd driver in device manager and only have intel HD 4000. That seems to improve my game performance.

I just need a way to get back my old fast pc

Please just give me a definite solution to this.

Thanks

:)

yuvi2004, Apr 7, 2020

2. Playing games is very slow

I have recently installed windows 10 and have tried to play some of my old favorite computer games,(Diciples, age of empires, stronghold) and they run so slow I can't even play them. Any suggestions?

Moved from Community Participation Center

Original title: playing games

MarkAllen5525, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Why are the face book games I play slow

I play face book games and they are very slow when I play on my laptop thanks

GeorgieAllen, Apr 7, 2020
  4. My laptop is slow in playing games

Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

My laptop is slow in playing games

1. My laptop is slow in playing games - Similar Threads - laptop slow playing

2. Slow Performance on gaming laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Performance on gaming laptop: Hello everyone, I've been facing a frustrating issue with my laptop, specifically when browsing local files in the file explorer. The process feels agonizingly slow, taking an eternity to generate thumbnails for videos or photos. As a video editor, this is incredibly annoying...
  3. Slow Performance on gaming laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Performance on gaming laptop: Hello everyone, I've been facing a frustrating issue with my laptop, specifically when browsing local files in the file explorer. The process feels agonizingly slow, taking an eternity to generate thumbnails for videos or photos. As a video editor, this is incredibly annoying...
  4. playing my game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    playing my game: I play world golf tour on my laptop.They no longer have a Adobe flash. I downloaded game with wgt launcher.msi i cd different apps that were compatble but still doesnt work . I can load the game but it will not let me open it to play the game. I have a Hyundai 14.1 thinnote...
  5. my mouse randomly slows and quickens by itself when playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my mouse randomly slows and quickens by itself when playing games: Hi, I'm writing to you regarding a problem I have been facing for some time now, exactly since January. Everytime I try to play any game, my mouse starts, I would call it „stuttering“, for no reason at all. And because I mainly play FPS games, in which I need to move my...
  6. while playing games my laptop freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    while playing games my laptop freezes: My lenovo yoga laptop was fine at first, i have only had it for a month. I play roblox alot so I thought it was roblox that was the issue. My screen would start freezing and my mouse pointer would disappear and get stuck. Only until just when I'm writing this is when the...
  7. NEW LAPTOP GAMES NOT PLAYING .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEW LAPTOP GAMES NOT PLAYING .: HI I just bought new laaptop HP and I installed two games and they are both not playing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-games-not-playing/31897292-1c05-4925-9487-014273a7434c
  8. Internet slows to a crawl when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet slows to a crawl when playing games: Hello there. This is a problem that has been bugging me for some weeks. We have 100mbps internet, and it's very effective for all 6 of us using at least 2 devices each in the house. Internet connectivity on my PC is generally perfect, and always scores over 100mbps on...
  9. Cursor Slow-- Crawls when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor Slow-- Crawls when playing a game: I am having this problem playing Backspin Billiards (RealArcade) for the last several weeks. RealArcade has suggested a litany of fixes, none of which has worked, such as: Windows 10 automatically sets the system DPI to 150%. If you manually turn it back down to 100%,...
  10. BSOD playing any game on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing any game on my laptop: hi, so randomly my computer has been crashing lately after playing any game, for no reason im not sure if something has moved on my computer so that it generates this problem im not a pro at guessing reasons but with this mini dump that im uploading i hope someone has the...