Windows 10: My laptop is slower when im playing games unplugged.

Discus and support My laptop is slower when im playing games unplugged. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, i have installed some games and i tried running them so i discovered some freezes and after a while i had to charge my laptop and i plug it into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AdiEmusi, Feb 2, 2020.

1. AdiEmusi Win User

My laptop is slower when im playing games unplugged.

So, i have installed some games and i tried running them so i discovered some freezes and after a while i had to charge my laptop and i plug it into the charger that came with it and there were no freezes! i researched all of over the web but i couldnt find anything in the past year or so that could benefit me because the newest version of windows 10 doesnt allow me to change certain battery settings. I tried everything i possibly could but ive heard from some people that i have to go to bios to change those setting but im afraid that ill somehow mess up my laptop. can someone please tell me a way to fix. here is the laptop that i have:

Asus VivoBook

mx250

i5 8265u

512 sdd

8gb ram

:)

AdiEmusi, Feb 2, 2020

2. Game run slower on win10 1803 build.

Hi.

I own dell Vostro 5568 Intel(R) Core(TM) I5-7200U CPU 2.5 GHz 2.7GHz

SSD 255GB and Intel HD 520 - NVIDIA 940MX.

since the last windows update a game I play started to run slower and when I say slower I mean like the character movements are slower like an fps drop.

I got all the updates from dell site also for my graphic card.

I optimized my win10 to max performance.

i added the game to the list in Nvidia control panel and made it to run for performance only.

Power Settings are on Performance as well but game still run slower. it did run better on the 1709 build but I can't go back since I made fresh install of the 1803 build.

any suggestions?

game called mu online.

or hoshkover, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Laptop lags when i plugged in or unplug charger while playing

Hi,

I'm looking for the fix, well, when i'm turning on my laptop, while it's charging, and i'm playing the game, and when i just unplug charger, it's have terrible lag, and this repeat also when i'm turning on my laptop on battery, playing games well, and when
    i plugged in charger it's lagging again. and when i restart the system, it's works fine again. i can't found any fix of this. i know this is caused from battery management, but i tried a lot of steps for this. but i can't stop this problem.. if anyone knows
    the fix. please comment the steps.

Sincerely,

David Gelkhauri.

DavidGelkhauri, Feb 2, 2020
  4. My laptop is slower when im playing games unplugged.

Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

My laptop is slower when im playing games unplugged.

1. My laptop is slower when im playing games unplugged. - Similar Threads - laptop slower playing

2. My PC keeps crashing with bluescreens when im playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps crashing with bluescreens when im playing games: this happens quite often When im playing games on my computer, specifically rainbow six siege, assassins creed origins, destiny 2, and fortnite, my computer will randomly freeze and give me a blue screen. Ive tried to fix it in many different ways, but nothing seems to work....
  3. My PC keeps crashing with bluescreens when im playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps crashing with bluescreens when im playing games: this happens quite often When im playing games on my computer, specifically rainbow six siege, assassins creed origins, destiny 2, and fortnite, my computer will randomly freeze and give me a blue screen. Ive tried to fix it in many different ways, but nothing seems to work....
  4. My PC keeps crashing with bluescreens when im playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. im getting scrollbars, when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im getting scrollbars, when playing games: When I play any game, after the alt-tab i will have scrollbars of this game from the bottom and right of the screen. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-getting-scrollbars-when-playing-games/8af384ad-5d51-40a6-acf4-68b98d3d63b0
  6. im getting scrollbars, when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im getting scrollbars, when playing games: When I play any game, after the alt-tab i will have scrollbars of this game from the bottom and right of the screen. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-getting-scrollbars-when-playing-games/8af384ad-5d51-40a6-acf4-68b98d3d63b0
  7. Laptop suddenly much slower when unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop suddenly much slower when unplugged: In the past few weeks, I've found that my VIAO laptop has become much, much slower, especially when not plugged in. It'll often take full minutes to load a site. It's a lot better though when it's plugged in but immediately slows down again as soon as I unplug it, even if it...
  8. PC is much slower when unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC is much slower when unplugged: When I have my PC plugged in, it's running great (I checked in task manager, the clock speed hovers around the high end of 3.xx GHz). However, as soon as I unplug it, performance drops (the CPU speed visibly, immediately drops to around 1 GHz). The PC is still usable when...
  9. Weird gaming performance when plugging and unplugging my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird gaming performance when plugging and unplugging my laptop.: So when I'm playing a very demanding game on my PC, it lags for sure, but if it's plugged and I unplug it, it runs like butter and after a few seconds, it resumes lagging. Same thing happens when it's unplugged and I plug it. Is there a way to fix this please?...
  10. My fps in games are very low if i play a game with the laptop unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fps in games are very low if i play a game with the laptop unplugged: When I play something , with the laptop unplugged , i have like 3-5 fps , and after i plug it , my fps are going up to 60-70 again. I want to mention that I already set the power plan to maximum performance , but the problem its not solved. Any solution to solve this ?...