Windows 10: My laptop is stuck in the getting windows ready screen

Discus and support My laptop is stuck in the getting windows ready screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I left my laptop on sleep for a day and when i opened it it was having some errors/slow performance so i decided to restart it. I always close all apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lzsilang, Aug 16, 2021.

1. lzsilang Win User

My laptop is stuck in the getting windows ready screen

I left my laptop on sleep for a day and when i opened it it was having some errors/slow performance so i decided to restart it. I always close all apps when i restart or shut down my laptop. A prompt saying an app was preventing my laptop from restarting appeared when i was restarting my laptop so i clicked cancel but now its stuck in getting windows ready loading screen? my laptop is in windows 10 and has a lot of storage available so why is it taking long? It has been an hour since it appeared, should i wait more?

:)

lzsilang, Aug 16, 2021

2. Getting Windows Ready Stuck

Hi Pablo,

If your computer is still stuck at the Getting Windows Ready screen, we suggest that you go to this

thread
    and perform the steps provided by Tadasha Mishra and other community members which other people have found helpful.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Aug 16, 2021
  3. Dell laptop stuck on Getting windows ready screen

My Dell laptop has been stuck on the getting windows ready don't turn off computer screen. Not saying upgrading nor showing a percentage, just a loading sign. I know if it doesn't reboot I'll have to force shut down but just wondering how long I should wait
    before resulting to that. It's been almost 2 hours.

Anything helps, thanks!

DevinHaseltine, Aug 16, 2021
  4. My laptop is stuck in the getting windows ready screen

Dell laptop stuck on Getting windows ready screen

Hello,

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you continue to force restart the computer until Windows loads. If Windows does not load, it should automatically enter the
    Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE). We can then try to repair the startup files for Windows. Here is how:

• In the Windows Recovery Environment (blue screen menus), select
      See advanced repair options > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair.
    If it does not load Windows nor gets into WinRE, we will need to manually get to
    WinRE. Here are the steps:

• Force shutdown your computer by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 to 10 seconds.
    • Turn it back on and when you see the screen with the loading dots, force shutdown the PC once more. Make sure that you perform the force shutdown once you see the loading dots. You will need to do this twice.
    • The third time you turn the PC back on, you should see Please Wait or Preparing Automatic Repair.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment (blue screen menus), select See advanced repair options > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

My laptop is stuck in the getting windows ready screen

1. My laptop is stuck in the getting windows ready screen - Similar Threads - laptop stuck getting

2. my HP Windows 10 laptop is stuck at "Getting Windows Ready"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my HP Windows 10 laptop is stuck at "Getting Windows Ready": I have been restarting the computer and control alt deleting it, but every time it turns back on, it continues to say "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer." I tried entering BIOS but of course it wouldn't work. Also, this isn't normal when it updates; it will...
  3. my HP Windows 10 laptop is stuck at "Getting Windows Ready"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my HP Windows 10 laptop is stuck at "Getting Windows Ready": I have been restarting the computer and control alt deleting it, but every time it turns back on, it continues to say "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer." I tried entering BIOS but of course it wouldn't work. Also, this isn't normal when it updates; it will...
  4. My laptop suddenly restart and stuck in "getting windows ready"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop suddenly restart and stuck in "getting windows ready": I was open my laptop last 5:50 am and I left it about 6:30 am idle cuz i'm going to outside for an hour. But I'm arrived 7:40 am my laptop screen is "getting windows ready don't turn off your power". Idk why it suddenly unexpected restart and screen appears only this. Now it...
  5. My laptop suddenly restart and stuck in "getting windows ready"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop suddenly restart and stuck in "getting windows ready": I was open my laptop last 5:50 am and I left it about 6:30 am idle cuz i'm going to outside for an hour. But I'm arrived 7:40 am my laptop screen is "getting windows ready don't turn off your power". Idk why it suddenly unexpected restart and screen appears only this. Now it...
  6. My laptop suddenly restart and stuck in "getting windows ready"

7. Asus laptop stuck on 'getting windows ready'

Asus laptop stuck on 'getting windows ready': I disconnected my laptop from wifi then went to shut down. Unfortunately selected 'update & shut down' but there is no Wifi so it can't update. I have turned laptop off & on but still shows 'getting ready' message. What do I do??...
  8. Stuck at getting ready

Stuck at getting ready: I have installed windows using a usb and adter the installation and stuff its just stuck at getting ready for a long time i dont think this is normal . I want to keep my files and am using an laptop with a non removable battery...
  9. Screen stuck on getting windows ready

Screen stuck on getting windows ready: i updated and shut down when ethernet was unplugged. then i realized it and replugged the ethernet. now the screen is stuck on getting windows ready. did the ethernet have something to do with it? What do I do?...
  10. Stuck at Getting Windows ready

Stuck at Getting Windows ready: After I hit update and shut down, my PC got stuck at 35% and more than 3 hours passed by. Then I tried to go to advanced settings and troubleshoot/ do anything from that menu but in order to do so, I needed to login to my microsoft account. While trying to do that, it showed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 laptop stuck getting ready