Windows 10: My laptop is stuck on the black screen with the words preparing automatic repair all day....

Discus and support My laptop is stuck on the black screen with the words preparing automatic repair all day.... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I need to reset my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vendredi Brown, Feb 2, 2023.

1. My laptop is stuck on the black screen with the words preparing automatic repair all day....

I need to reset my laptop

:)

Vendredi Brown, Feb 2, 2023

2. windows 10 preparing automatic repair black screen (Stuck)

Hello,

I Have Dell G3 laptop "Preparing Automatic Repair" - black screen. I don't see the Windows loading. I just have a black screen with logo DELL in the centre. Nothing is moving, nothing else appears, until the
    "Preparing Automatic Repair" appears at the bottom.

I've tried doing the hard restarts many times, but the laptop will never boot into the Recovery Environment.

I tried hard restarts but it keeps repeating this cycle over and over again - "Preparing Automatic Repair" - black screen "STUCK" . I even left my laptop on the black screen for a couple of hours, hoping it might fix
    itself but it does nothing.

How can I get out of this problem that Windows has forced my laptop into?

Thank you

Bachtiar_R, Feb 2, 2023
  3. subby Win User
    Preparing automatic repair black screen afterwards stuck

Fixing this gaming PC for a friend. His computer gets stuck on the windows logo with the dotted spinning circle. In the past to fix this i've done a startup repair. But this time, the PC starts the Preparing Automatic Repair, then screen goes black, where normally it should be showing diagnosing your pc before loaded the Automatic Repair screen.

What should I attempt to try next?

subby, Feb 2, 2023
  4. My laptop is stuck on the black screen with the words preparing automatic repair all day....

Black Screen after "preparing automatic repair"

Yesterday, my HP Envy 17 j177nr was working flawlessly. However, today I was experiencing lots of lags and freezes to the point where the laptop is unusable

I decided to power off and on three times to attempt some kind of repair. However, after it says "preparing automatic repair" I ALWAYS get a black screen, no cursor, no nothing. It does NOT move beyond that black screen. It will stay at that black screen all day if I let it.

I tried ALL steps on the internet to fix it, including removing all peripherals including the power cord and battery and holding the power button for 30 second which everybody says that fixes the problem—except it DOES NOT for me. It still goes into "preparing automatic repair" and to that black screen afterwards.

I ran the HP HDD and memory test and all pass with flying colors.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Ornithophilia, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

My laptop is stuck on the black screen with the words preparing automatic repair all day....

1. My laptop is stuck on the black screen with the words preparing automatic repair all day.... - Similar Threads - laptop stuck black

2. Laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair: I updated from windows 11 to windows 12 and restarted it booted correctly but the second time i did i got in a "preparing automatic repair" loop that follows a bsod with a stop code "driver_pnp_watchdog" i can get to bios settings but not troubleshooting and advanced options...
  3. My laptop is stuck on the black screen with the words preparing automatic repair all day....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is stuck on the black screen with the words preparing automatic repair all day....: I need to reset my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-black-screen-with-the/111ab33d-625c-49e0-980a-03c825947931
  4. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  5. Laptop stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair": Hi fellas, yesterday my laptop went off abruptly. Since then I have not been able to get it working up again. What happens is that whenever I turn it on, it shows the Asus logo and the circles circling around as usual, after that it goes black for a second and I get the same...
  6. Stuck on black screen after “preparing automatic repairs”

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on black screen after “preparing automatic repairs”: I recently built a gaming pc for myself, and everything was running fine for the last month or so, but today i attempted a slight overclock on my cpu and now windows wont boot. I can get into the bios, but other than that when i start my computer i either get a screen saying...
  7. Laptop stuck in "preparing automatic repair" screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stuck in "preparing automatic repair" screen: o I was using my laptop and it suddenly restarted and then displayed the message " Preparing automatic repair" and the Toshiba logo (manufacturer of the laptop). I have left for 3 hours and it is still stuck in the same screen. I tried restarting the laptop, booting into...
  8. Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair: sometime yesterday I tried to boot my windows 10 laptop and it got stuck on the login screen, before I pressed anything to go to the password screen. I tried moving the mouse around to no result. I figured it was frozen so i held down the power button until the laptop turned...
  9. black screen 'preparing automatic repair' stuck in loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen 'preparing automatic repair' stuck in loop: The machine has been in this loop all morning a blue screen comes up and states: go to www.windows.com/stopcode provide stop code: DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG any solutions out there? Thanks...
  10. Preparing automatic repair black screen afterwards stuck

in Windows 10 Support
    Preparing automatic repair black screen afterwards stuck: Fixing this gaming PC for a friend. His computer gets stuck on the windows logo with the dotted spinning circle. In the past to fix this i've done a startup repair. But this time, the PC starts the Preparing Automatic Repair, then screen goes black, where normally it should...