Windows 10: My laptop is suddenly really slow

Discus and support My laptop is suddenly really slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few days ago I started up my computer in the morning as I always do,the boot process was slightly slower but I didn't really think about it.But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BerkErsoy, Feb 27, 2021.

1. BerkErsoy Win User

My laptop is suddenly really slow

A few days ago I started up my computer in the morning as I always do,the boot process was slightly slower but I didn't really think about it.But logging in to my account after entering my password took about 20 minutes,it used to login in a few seconds.The process after logging in was much worse. It took about 30 seconds for chome to launch and I had to wait 15 mins before the computer could completely boot up,videos stuttered and some programs didn't launch at all.I tried to update to 20H2 and it wouldn't work but that is another problem.I have done the usual sfc scan,resetted the registry to defaults,run the virus scan 3 times but it just can't find anything.Disk usage is currently 10%it is still laggy though.But the cpu usage doesn't add up. It is 60% right now but the programs only make up about 40%. The power options are on default. I do not want to reset the pc because there are a lot of important files.

:)

BerkErsoy, Feb 27, 2021

2. Lenovo laptop suddenly slow

I have a new Lenovo E580 laptop (bought January 2019) which suddenly started to run very slow. I have especially noticed it with build times in Visual Studio and loading times for a local website in IIS.

I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro by formatting the entire computer but it’s still slow.

Laptop spec:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • CPU: i7-8550U 2.00GHz
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 512 SSD

Software where I really notice the slowness:

• Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.3.9
    • IIS to Windows 10

I have tried to setup an older laptop with the same software installed as the new laptop, to compare the loading times. The old laptop has a very similar spec. (i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD). The load time for a local website on the new laptop is 78 seconds where on the old is 30 seconds. On the new laptop it used to be around 30 seconds as well.

It’s not just Visual Studio and IIS that is slow it’s the entire laptop. I thought it would be fixed by reinstalling Windows but there were no improvements. I suspect it’s a hardware issue, but I don’t get any errors, and everything looks fine.

Does anyone have suggestions to what I can try to pinpoint this issue or is it better to contact Lenovo support, as the new laptop is still under warranty?

Høgsdal, Feb 27, 2021
  3. MissNiss Win User
    laptop suddenly so slow

my laptop has suddenly slowed down to a crawl. I cant do anything with it being as slow as it is.

MissNiss, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

1. My laptop is suddenly really slow - Similar Threads - laptop suddenly really

2. Internet really slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet really slow all of a sudden: Hi, my internet has gone slow at the moment. The download/upload speed has changed from 600/400 mbps to 80/20 mbps. I don't remember changing anything that would cause my internet to be so slow.Thanks...
  3. Internet really slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet really slow all of a sudden: Hi, my internet has gone slow at the moment. The download/upload speed has changed from 600/400 mbps to 80/20 mbps. I don't remember changing anything that would cause my internet to be so slow.Thanks...
  4. My laptop suddenly turned really slow

My laptop suddenly turned really slow: I was just playing one of my games Hitman 3 when suddenly my fps dropped down to 3, I thought maybe my laptop might have been doing something in the background so I just waited it out. Eventually I just thought something might have gone wrong in the game so I tried restarting...
  5. My laptop suddenly turned really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop suddenly turned really slow: I was just playing one of my games Hitman 3 when suddenly my fps dropped down to 3, I thought maybe my laptop might have been doing something in the background so I just waited it out. Eventually I just thought something might have gone wrong in the game so I tried restarting...
  6. My laptop became really slow all of a sudden Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop became really slow all of a sudden Windows 11: My laptop all of a sudden became really slow. Windows 11. ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IU_TUF506IU AMD ryzen 7 GeForce gtx 1660 ti 16gb ram. Its fps is really low and its speakers are crashing. Please help...
  7. My laptop became really slow all of a sudden Windows 11

My laptop became really slow all of a sudden Windows 11: My laptop all of a sudden became really slow. Windows 11. ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IU_TUF506IU AMD ryzen 7 GeForce gtx 1660 ti 16gb ram. Its fps is really low and its speakers are crashing. Please help...
  8. Laptop is really slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is really slow: Hi My Hp Pro x2 is really slow and it's only 2 years old! I really need help ASAP cause I have lots of work to get done on it and it takes forever for it to start up! Please can you give me advice. THANKS!!!...
  9. My windows 10 laptop is really slow all the sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows 10 laptop is really slow all the sudden: My laptop usually runs pretty good but all the sudden it's super slow,I tried opening apps and even right clicking on the home screen and nothing would load for awhile. I restarted it and it cant even start up and the screen is black and it usually takes 10 seconds to turn...
  10. Laptop really slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop really slow: Hello, I have an HP laptop purchased 6 years ago. It is running on windows 10. Since I got it, the laptop is really slow, not able to go on a normal website page quick, takes time to load. I have performed a spy bot search and destroy, defragment, disk cleanup, run Avast...