Windows 10: My laptop is supposed to have 8gb of ram but when I check it says I only have 4.

Discus and support My laptop is supposed to have 8gb of ram but when I check it says I only have 4. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So in my laptop I have 2 sticks of 4gb ram I don't know anything exact since I don't know too much about computers but after a few months of use, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mananas, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Mananas Win User

My laptop is supposed to have 8gb of ram but when I check it says I only have 4.

So in my laptop I have 2 sticks of 4gb ram I don't know anything exact since I don't know too much about computers but after a few months of use, I noticed that when I checked in task manager it says I only have 4gb of ram. I'm not sure what to do or if there is a way to fix this. I am sure that there isn't a visual bug since I am always using 95% or more of my ram.

:)

Mananas, Jul 23, 2022

2. Not all ram usable in asus laptop with 8gb of ram usable 5.95 gb ryzen 3200U

UPDATE I took apart to see what is wrong and it looks like I have 4 gb of ram and I was supposed to have 8gb of ram and the system apparently recognisees as 8gb of dual channel ram

kartiknischal, Jul 23, 2022
  3. prashii Win User
    Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Jul 23, 2022
  4. VRatta Win User

My laptop is supposed to have 8gb of ram but when I check it says I only have 4.

Installed a new RAM but doesn't show up.

Hi, I have recently bough a new RAM to upgrade my laptop,

the Laptop default spec:

• Window 10 64bit
    • 4gb Nvidia gtx1650
    • 8gb ddr4 ram
    The issue is that I bought a new Crucial 8gb DDR4 RAM stick (same speed as a default RAM stick) in hope to upgrade my laptop to 16gb RAM, however, after installed, I check the system information and its still only showed 8gb of Physical RAM, the task manager
    also only showed 8gb, however the Virtual memory showed 15.9gb. So I am not sure if its suppose to be like this since I spent money to upgrade physical RAM.

Thanks

VRatta, Jul 23, 2022
Thema:

1. My laptop is supposed to have 8gb of ram but when I check it says I only have 4. - Similar Threads - laptop supposed 8gb

2. I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?: I have an omen 17 laptop from 2019 I believe with 16gb ram and since I upgraded to windows 11 my task manager is only showing that I have 8 gb of ram. the problem seems to come and go randomly....
  3. I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?: I have an omen 17 laptop from 2019 I believe with 16gb ram and since I upgraded to windows 11 my task manager is only showing that I have 8 gb of ram. the problem seems to come and go randomly....
  4. I have 8gb ram but it shows only 3.38gb ram useable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have 8gb ram but it shows only 3.38gb ram useable: Hello here are my device specsHP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0026axRam-8gb useable 3.38gb windows 10 pro 64 biti tried the msconfig and all ways over the net...
  5. I have 8gb ram but it shows only 3.38gb ram useable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 8gb ram but it shows only 3.38gb ram useable: Hello here are my device specsHP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0026axRam-8gb useable 3.38gb windows 10 pro 64 biti tried the msconfig and all ways over the net...
  6. My laptop is supposed to have 8gb of ram but when I check it says I only have 4.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is supposed to have 8gb of ram but when I check it says I only have 4.: So in my laptop I have 2 sticks of 4gb ram I don't know anything exact since I don't know too much about computers but after a few months of use, I noticed that when I checked in task manager it says I only have 4gb of ram. I'm not sure what to do or if there is a way to fix...
  7. My laptop is supposed to have 8gb of ram but when I check it says I only have 4.

My laptop is supposed to have 8gb of ram but when I check it says I only have 4.: So in my laptop I have 2 sticks of 4gb ram I don't know anything exact since I don't know too much about computers but after a few months of use, I noticed that when I checked in task manager it says I only have 4gb of ram. I'm not sure what to do or if there is a way to fix...
  8. I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop: So, I have a vostro 5402 specs: cpu: i5 1135g7 ram: 1x8gb gpu: intel iris xe and mx330 2GB . I checked in task manager and intel graphic command center and found out that it is only 5.5gb of ram available. I think that I accident allocated some of my ram on the dedicated...
  9. I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop

I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop: So, I have a vostro 5402 specs: cpu: i5 1135g7 ram: 1x8gb gpu: intel iris xe and mx330 2GB . I checked in task manager and intel graphic command center and found out that it is only 5.5gb of ram available. I think that I accident allocated some of my ram on the dedicated...
  10. I have 8GB of RAM but only showing 4GB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have 8GB of RAM but only showing 4GB: I have had my PC for about a month now and I have noticed my game felt choppy but I was still getting 180fps like usual. I checked nvidia and it was all fine so I checked how much memory I was using and it says 3.7 of 4GB. I still have both 4GB RAM sticks in but one isn't...