Windows 10: My laptop is taking a lot of space but I don’t know what is taking said space

Discus and support My laptop is taking a lot of space but I don’t know what is taking said space in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanted to update a game of mine but I don’t have enough storage left (after some playing around I went from 9,8GB free space to 16,8GB, so at least... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/4BlueBunnies, Feb 5, 2021.

1. My laptop is taking a lot of space but I don’t know what is taking said space

I wanted to update a game of mine but I don’t have enough storage left (after some playing around I went from 9,8GB free space to 16,8GB, so at least that) when I look into the storage overview it says that my apps&features take 174GB, but once I look into the details, the biggest program is Sims 2 with 12,6 GB, followed by Windows software development kit with 2,14 GB. Everything after that doesn’t even manage to take a whole GB of space. So what is taking up all my storage? I haven’t found a way to see what is taking all of it. Does anybody know what I can do?

submitted by /u/4BlueBunnies
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/4BlueBunnies, Feb 5, 2021

2. Windows.old takes a lot of space.

Hi, David Haz

After resetting win10, a file called ( windows.old ) was created. It takes a lot of space.

So can I delete it? and if so, Are there side effects on my pc?

Thinks for help.

ambassador., Feb 5, 2021
  3. kaxelina Win User
    Why don´t I get Spaces on my N82

My husband and I bouth same mobile with one week apart. He got spaces in Share online but I don´t. We have updated the latest software.

Even the program is updated sevrel times but still I don´t have Spaces on my mobile. I even resert the phone but no luck.

What is the problem?

kaxelina, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

My laptop is taking a lot of space but I don’t know what is taking said space

1. My laptop is taking a lot of space but I don’t know what is taking said space - Similar Threads - laptop taking lot

2. What is the EdgeTaskeUpdater, and why is it taking a lot of space on my disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the EdgeTaskeUpdater, and why is it taking a lot of space on my disk?: So I found this on the ProgramData folder. Inside the ProgramData folder, I see an folder saying "MicrosoftEdgeTasker". I opened it up and saw a very big program that weighs 1.03 Gigabytes 1,107,384,576 bytes, 1,107,386,368 bytes on disk. What does it do? Is it safe? Is it...
  3. What is the EdgeTaskeUpdater, and why is it taking a lot of space on my disk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the EdgeTaskeUpdater, and why is it taking a lot of space on my disk?: So I found this on the ProgramData folder. Inside the ProgramData folder, I see an folder saying "MicrosoftEdgeTasker". I opened it up and saw a very big program that weighs 1.03 Gigabytes 1,107,384,576 bytes, 1,107,386,368 bytes on disk. What does it do? Is it safe? Is it...
  4. What is the EdgeTaskeUpdater, and why is it taking a lot of space on my disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  6. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  7. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unkown user is taking a lot of space: I have been having this problem for a while, I have recently enabled and opened the Administrator account which took around 1 hour to load which was probably making the account files. In the user and family tab it isn't showing anything with both the admin account enabled and...
  8. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

Unkown user is taking a lot of space: I have been having this problem for a while, I have recently enabled and opened the Administrator account which took around 1 hour to load which was probably making the account files. In the user and family tab it isn't showing anything with both the admin account enabled and...
  9. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. can i delete these files ? they take a lot of space !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can i delete these files ? they take a lot of space !: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/m7md4you [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwheld/can_i_delete_these_files_they_take_a_lot_of_space/