Windows 10: My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few...

Discus and support My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few pics, otherwise scores of pics per second get saved. How is this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JOEL SERRAO, Oct 6, 2022.

1. My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few...

My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few pics, otherwise scores of pics per second get saved. How is this possible? Please advice.

:)

JOEL SERRAO, Oct 6, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you want to save the screenshots taken using Prtscn directly to OneDrive.

We would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Save screenshots to OneDrive automatically
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 6, 2022
  3. My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few pics, otherwise scores of pics per second get saved. How is this possible? Please advice.

Hello Joel,

I am Jaspreet Singh.

One reason could be if your are accidentally pressing the print screen button on your keyboard ( or the key that takes screenshot for your device as this may be different) confirm the key that does this in your system and check if you are pressing it.

For the save part OneDrive has an option to automatically save screenshots to its storage and it can be turned off via these steps :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/save...

That being said automatically taking screenshots is one symptom of a device affected by RAT ( remote access Trojan) if you are sure the screenshots are not triggered by your actions use a free version of malware and run a complete scan. Also check the applications that are installed in your system through control panel app list and also extensions on your installed browsers.

Jaspreet Singh_050, Oct 6, 2022
  4. My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few...

Screenshots no longer automatically saved in Screenshots folder

For nearly 3 years, the PRT SC (print screen) button on my HP Envy laptop automatically saved screenshots in a folder called Screenshots. While I still have functionality of clicking PRT SC and can then paste the image by CTRL-V, the images are no longer
    automatically being saved in the Screenshots folder or any folder as far as I can tell. What changed and how can this be fixed? I use DropBox, not OneDrive, so please no suggestions re OneDrive. Thanks.

FrustratedNYC-IP-Lawyer, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few...

1. My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few... - Similar Threads - laptop taking screenshots

2. My laptop taking screenshots its own!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop taking screenshots its own!: i have a problem. I scan with kaspersky and there is nothing like trojan. I checked my background app's and closed most of them. my system is up to date. i bought this pc 5 days ago, its hp victus 16. And i installed windows 11. And i installed steam 2 days ago. Maybe there...
  3. My laptop taking screenshots its own!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop taking screenshots its own!: i have a problem. I scan with kaspersky and there is nothing like trojan. I checked my background app's and closed most of them. my system is up to date. i bought this pc 5 days ago, its hp victus 16. And i installed windows 11. And i installed steam 2 days ago. Maybe there...
  4. Onedrive taking screenshots websites and youTube on it's own??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive taking screenshots websites and youTube on it's own??: OneDrive seems to be saving screenshots of web sites I visit and also of my history in You Tube. It's like I am taking screen shots, but I'm not doing it. I do take some screenshots, but not all the ones I see. They are in onedrive.photos .com under gallery-all. It's like it...
  5. Onedrive taking screenshots websites and youTube on it's own??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive taking screenshots websites and youTube on it's own??: OneDrive seems to be saving screenshots of web sites I visit and also of my history in You Tube. It's like I am taking screen shots, but I'm not doing it. I do take some screenshots, but not all the ones I see. They are in onedrive.photos .com under gallery-all. It's like it...
  6. Onedrive taking screenshots websites and youTube on it's own??

7. How to stop my computer from taking screenshots on its own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop my computer from taking screenshots on its own?: I recently updated my laptop and I noticed that the snipping tool is constantly turning on and taking screenshots. After turning the snipping tool off and also uninstalling it, the screenshot is continuously being taken and getting stored in my one drive folder. How to...
  8. How to stop my computer from taking screenshots on its own?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop my computer from taking screenshots on its own?: I recently updated my laptop and I noticed that the snipping tool is constantly turning on and taking screenshots. After turning the snipping tool off and also uninstalling it, the screenshot is continuously being taken and getting stored in my one drive folder. How to...
  9. My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few...: My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few pics, otherwise scores of pics per second get saved. How is this possible? Please advice....
  10. My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few...

My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few...: My laptop is taking screenshots on its own and saving the on OneDrive. Sometimes a few pics, otherwise scores of pics per second get saved. How is this possible? Please advice....