Windows 10: My laptop is turning sleep mode while I am playing games when it is connected to charger....

Discus and support My laptop is turning sleep mode while I am playing games when it is connected to charger.... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop is turning sleep mode while I am playing games when it is connected to charger. If not plugged in to a charger it is not turning sleep mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AjinAbraham1, Jun 25, 2019.

1. My laptop is turning sleep mode while I am playing games when it is connected to charger....

My laptop is turning sleep mode while I am playing games when it is connected to charger. If not plugged in to a charger it is not turning sleep mode.

My system is Dell inspiron 3567

:)

AjinAbraham1, Jun 25, 2019
  2. ozan0053 Win User

Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Update: Battery was at 34%, plugged charger in, went to sleep mode as usual. When i turned it on, battery was all of a sudden on 5%, and when i plugged the charger in it jumped to 100%. Then it gave a critical battery warning and went to sleep mode again, but this time it would only turn on when the charger was plugged in.

ozan0053, Jun 25, 2019
  3. ozan0053 Win User
    Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Hello.

I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep mode, however, i resolved this issue by turning computer on, removing the charger, and plugging it back in. That seemed to fix it. However, recently, this method stopped working. My computer runs completely fine when it is unplugged, however, when i plug it in, i get a "Low battery" warning (even though i HAD 72% battery), and the laptop immediately goes to sleep mode. Trying to turn it on is useless. It will only turn on if the charger isn't plugged.

Any advice?

PS: I have already changed all my power & sleep options. Everything is set to "Never".

ozan0053, Jun 25, 2019
  4. My laptop is turning sleep mode while I am playing games when it is connected to charger....

Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

My laptop is turning sleep mode while I am playing games when it is connected to charger....

1. My laptop is turning sleep mode while I am playing games when it is connected to charger.... - Similar Threads - laptop turning sleep

2. Can i play games on a laptop Only on Charger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i play games on a laptop Only on Charger?: Hi my official battery and charger of laptop has been damaged. And now i only bought a charger not battery. Now can i play games on my Laptop without battery only on charger? Will it be safe to play games on my laptop or do heavy tasks on it?...
  3. Can i play games on a laptop Only on Charger?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i play games on a laptop Only on Charger?: Hi my official battery and charger of laptop has been damaged. And now i only bought a charger not battery. Now can i play games on my Laptop without battery only on charger? Will it be safe to play games on my laptop or do heavy tasks on it?...
  4. my laptop turns off when not on the charger after a while ,

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my laptop turns off when not on the charger after a while ,: Hello i am seeking help for my RCT nb cw14q18 notebook which i bought in november 2021 . My laptop turns off when not on the charger after a while , when i turn it on plug it in then switch it on the keyboard is either not working or some keys are not responding . I just rest...
  5. my laptop turns off when not on the charger after a while ,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop turns off when not on the charger after a while ,: Hello i am seeking help for my RCT nb cw14q18 notebook which i bought in november 2021 . My laptop turns off when not on the charger after a while , when i turn it on plug it in then switch it on the keyboard is either not working or some keys are not responding . I just rest...
  6. my laptop turns off when not on the charger after a while ,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC enters sleep mode while I play games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC enters sleep mode while I play games: Hi, recently I had encountered a problem with my pc, namely when I play games it randomly enters sleep mode for some reason this doesn't happen while I browse the net. I tried it on 3 different games CSS, Team Fortress 2 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations and could only play a...
  8. Play a sound when charger is connected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Play a sound when charger is connected: I want my laptop to play a sound when I connect a charger to it. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-a-sound-when-charger-is-connected/7cb9c938-5531-43d2-873c-904081ca4811
  9. Laptop lags when i plugged in or unplug charger while playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lags when i plugged in or unplug charger while playing: Hi, I'm looking for the fix, well, when i'm turning on my laptop, while it's charging, and i'm playing the game, and when i just unplug charger, it's have terrible lag, and this repeat also when i'm turning on my laptop on battery, playing games well, and when i plugged in...
  10. Laptop restarts when shutdown/sleep or charger connect/disconnect

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop restarts when shutdown/sleep or charger connect/disconnect: Samsung XE700t1C Windows 10 Home 64bit My laptop cannot turn off without holding the power button. Shutdown or Sleep makes it restart. Connecting or disconnecting the charger also makes it restart. This problem coincided with with another issue where the screen has...