Windows 10: My laptop is unable to complete updates

Discus and support My laptop is unable to complete updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is unable to complete updates it is an Acer5560... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnHobbs4, Jan 4, 2021.

1. My laptop is unable to complete updates

My laptop is unable to complete updates it is an Acer5560

:)

JohnHobbs4, Jan 4, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My laptop is unable to complete updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! My laptop is unable to complete updates :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Roan T Win User

My laptop is unable to complete updates

Unable to complete updates, specifically (KB4034658) and (KB3186568).

Hi Tery,

We would like to know more about the issue. Please
    clarify the following:

• Which build of Windows 10
      your computer is currently on?
    • Did you receive any error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this
    link to fix Windows Update errors.

Regards.

Roan T, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

My laptop is unable to complete updates

1. My laptop is unable to complete updates - Similar Threads - laptop unable complete

2. MY LAPTOP IS UNABLE TO COMPLETE UPDATES.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY LAPTOP IS UNABLE TO COMPLETE UPDATES.: My laptop needs an update but each time I try, it will go as far as 100% complete and then there will be a pop-up with a message: "We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off your computer"It has been going on in the last three weeks now and I don't have...
  3. MY LAPTOP IS UNABLE TO COMPLETE UPDATES.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY LAPTOP IS UNABLE TO COMPLETE UPDATES.: My laptop needs an update but each time I try, it will go as far as 100% complete and then there will be a pop-up with a message: "We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off your computer"It has been going on in the last three weeks now and I don't have...
  4. MY LAPTOP IS UNABLE TO COMPLETE UPDATES.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to complete update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to complete update.: Hi. My laptop is unable to complete optional quality update "2022-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems" KB5009596. As soon as the laptop restarts a message reads "Unable to complete update, uninstalling changes". This is the first...
  6. Unable to complete Updates on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to complete Updates on my PC: I've almost reached screaming point because nothing I do to repair my problem seems to work!I wrote here:"Three times now, my PC has tried to download and install updates over the past 24 hours and each time it's failed.Twice I've opted to turn my PC off so it can do the...
  7. Unable to complete Updates on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to complete Updates on my PC: I've almost reached screaming point because nothing I do to repair my problem seems to work!I wrote here:"Three times now, my PC has tried to download and install updates over the past 24 hours and each time it's failed.Twice I've opted to turn my PC off so it can do the...
  8. Unable to complete Updates on my PC

9. Unable to complete updates

Unable to complete updates: Three times now, my PC has tried to download and install updates over the past 24 hours and each time it's failed.Twice I've opted to turn my PC off so it can do the installation and once it's failed to respond to an "Update and close down" instruction.The same has happened...
  10. Completely unable to update my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Completely unable to update my computer.: For the past couple of months, I haven’t been able to update my pc. I blew it off, then last night decided to try and fix it. I’ve tried EVERYTHING. Then I found the source of the problem. The “Bits” or “Background Intelligent Transfer Service” is... destroyed? I’ve tried...