Windows 10: My laptop is very unresponsive in opening applications.

Discus and support My laptop is very unresponsive in opening applications. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi when I try to use Win+Shift+S or Win+G it doesn't open the game bar nor the snip thing. Also when I click on the windows search bar on my taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SujathaD'Costa, May 18, 2021.

1. My laptop is very unresponsive in opening applications.

Hi when I try to use Win+Shift+S or Win+G it doesn't open the game bar nor the snip thing. Also when I click on the windows search bar on my taskbar nothing happens. Same goes for when I click on the windows icon on the task bar. As well as those things, when I open the search box through the windows key, and try to open apps nothing happens. Can some please help me solve this issues? My device specifications:

:)

SujathaD'Costa, May 18, 2021
  2. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, May 18, 2021
  4. 2FNLOW Win User

My laptop is very unresponsive in opening applications.

Suggestions for multi-tasking laptop

Good day. I need some help picking out a new laptop and was wondering if I could get some suggestions from the members here.

The laptop will be for personal and business use and needs to be able to run multiple applications simultaneously with ease. It also has to have a Windows OS. As far as budget, I'm undecided, but I'm prepared to spend over $1,500. If you could, maybe suggest a low end laptop around $1,500 and another slightly better machine around the $2,000-$2,200 mark.

To give you an idea of what the machine will be handling on a daily basis, listed below are the applications I currently have running and usually have running at all times.

--Google Chrome with 7 tabs open (blogs/forums)
    --Photoshop CS4 with 3 files open, the largest being a 2550x3300 pixel, 35MB file
    --Spotify
    --Microsoft Word
    --FilaZilla Cilent
    --IrfanView

In an effort to help you better select a laptop for my needs, I've included a link below to a screenshot of my task manager so you can see how much memory these applications are using.

ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for your help in advance.

2FNLOW, May 18, 2021
Thema:

My laptop is very unresponsive in opening applications.

1. My laptop is very unresponsive in opening applications. - Similar Threads - laptop very unresponsive

2. System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications: System Slowdown and Unresponsive ApplicationsDear Microsoft Community,I trust this message finds you well. I'm reaching out because I've encountered a perplexing issue with my Windows 10 system, and I'm seeking your expertise to help resolve it.Problem Description: Recently,...
  3. Very slow application opening time!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow application opening time!: I'm starting any application and it goes to background with 0% CPU usage. I tried to reinstall windows several times but it didn't work. I have 2 windows 11 systems and on one of them all seems to work great. Applications are loading very VERY long. Some installation...
  4. Very slow application opening time!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow application opening time!: I'm starting any application and it goes to background with 0% CPU usage. I tried to reinstall windows several times but it didn't work. I have 2 windows 11 systems and on one of them all seems to work great. Applications are loading very VERY long. Some installation...
  5. Laptop is unresponsive and I'm very worried.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is unresponsive and I'm very worried.: So, I woke up today to turn on my laptop. I'm presented with a flashing screen which flashed onto my desktop and then went black and so on. So what I did was I restarted my laptop using ctrl+alt+delete and pressed the restart. Fortunately my laptop was relieved of the...
  6. Laptop is unresponsive and I'm very worried.

Laptop is unresponsive and I'm very worried.: So, I woke up today to turn on my laptop. I'm presented with a flashing screen which flashed onto my desktop and then went black and so on. So what I did was I restarted my laptop using ctrl+alt+delete and pressed the restart. Fortunately my laptop was relieved of the...
  7. Laptop is unresponsive and I'm very worried.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Application opens in a very small window

Application opens in a very small window: Hi guys, I have a problem with application opening on windows 10; the application is "Among Us" I use to open it in a normal way but one time and suddenly when opened it it opens in a very small window showing nothing than the top bar as shown in the photo below, I've tried...
  9. Applications becoming unresponsive

Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...
  10. Windows 10 Very Slow Opening Applications!!

Windows 10 Very Slow Opening Applications!!: Windows 10 Very Slow Opening Applications!! Do NOT tell me to do a Safe boot and run SFC.... that is a useless and lazy response from Microsoft!!...