Windows 10: My laptop isn't accessing the internet.

Discus and support My laptop isn't accessing the internet. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is an interesting one. I have a Windows 10 laptop and since the last Windows update, it's been having trouble actually accessing the internet. Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by brother64, Jun 25, 2022.

1. brother64 Win User

My laptop isn't accessing the internet.

This is an interesting one. I have a Windows 10 laptop and since the last Windows update, it's been having trouble actually accessing the internet. Not connecting, accessing. It is connected to a WiFi network and it says "Internet access" when hovering over the WiFi icon, and I even have a mobile hotspot set up on it which accesses the internet perfectly fine. But the programs on the computer itself like discord and chrome don't want to access the internet. I have restarted several times and I have done the network reset, and now I don't know what to do. Please help.

:)

brother64, Jun 25, 2022

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 25, 2022
  3. jcaswell Win User
    W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Jun 25, 2022
  4. My laptop isn't accessing the internet.

how to access laptop from other laptop by internet remotely

Method – 1 : AdHoc Network
    Here I am Using Two Laptops say ‘Laptop-1’ and ‘Laptop-2’ for sharing the Data.Therefore First of all we need to Configure both the Laptops One by One as illustrated below.

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to boost and Increase your internet speed

Setting Up Laptop – 1
      • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 1’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name as shown below in the Image.
      My laptop isn't accessing the internet. 1.jpg
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Now You need to Configure your TCP/IP Settings to Assign the IP Address to the Laptop.
    • Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.2
    My laptop isn't accessing the internet. 2.jpg

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Setting Up Laptop – 2
    • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 2’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name.
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Next Open ‘Wireless Network adapter’ Properties.
    • Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1
    My laptop isn't accessing the internet. 3.jpg

Note- Carefully Enter the Above Details Remember the IP Address should be different for both the Laptops.

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Now Open Your Network Adapters and Connect.Also You can Use Map Network Drive to Share the Files or Folder as shown below in the Image.
    My laptop isn't accessing the internet. 4.jpg

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to Write in English Without Mistakes : SmartEdit

Method – 2 : Using IP Messenger – Simple and Easy
    This is the Best Method to Connect two Laptops or Computers for sharing the Files.You just need to Download and Install IP Messenger on Both the Laptops or Computers and You are all Done.How to Transfer Data Using USB Cable

• Set the IP address of one Laptop to be 192.168.0.x(x can be any value between 0-255) and set the another computer IP address 192.168.0.y(y can be any value between 0-255)
    • Make sure that value of x doesn’t match value of y it should be different (For Example set IP 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)
    • Now Run IP Messenger and You will see the Connected Devices in the List
    • Now You just need to Drag and Drop the Files that you want to Share
    • Accept the Files from the Other Computer and You are all Done

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

My laptop isn't accessing the internet.

1. My laptop isn't accessing the internet. - Similar Threads - laptop isn't accessing

2. My laptop isn't accessing the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop isn't accessing the internet.: This is an interesting one. I have a Windows 10 laptop and since the last Windows update, it's been having trouble actually accessing the internet. Not connecting, accessing. It is connected to a WiFi network and it says "Internet access" when hovering over the WiFi icon, and...
  3. My laptop isn't accessing the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop isn't accessing the internet.: This is an interesting one. I have a Windows 10 laptop and since the last Windows update, it's been having trouble actually accessing the internet. Not connecting, accessing. It is connected to a WiFi network and it says "Internet access" when hovering over the WiFi icon, and...
  4. Internet access on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access on my laptop: Since Wed., cannot connect to internet on my laptop using either Chrome or Edge. No Internet access problems with tablets or any other devices. Using Windows 10 on 8-10 yr old HP. Spent 2 hours on phone with tech from Xfinity yesterday- tried everything including using...
  5. Internet access on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access on my laptop: Since Wed., cannot connect to internet on my laptop using either Chrome or Edge. No Internet access problems with tablets or any other devices. Using Windows 10 on 8-10 yr old HP. Spent 2 hours on phone with tech from Xfinity yesterday- tried everything including using...
  6. Internet access on my laptop

7. My laptop wifi is connected but no internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wifi is connected but no internet access: Hello everyone i need help. So my laptop is connected to my home wifi but there is no internet access even though in other device it has internet. And its only have problem with my home wifi because when im using hotspot it work just fine. Anyone know whats the problem and...
  8. My laptop wifi is connected but no internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop wifi is connected but no internet access: Hello everyone i need help. So my laptop is connected to my home wifi but there is no internet access even though in other device it has internet. And its only have problem with my home wifi because when im using hotspot it work just fine. Anyone know whats the problem and...
  9. My internet isn't working correctly

My internet isn't working correctly: I go into task manager and it says that there is activity on my ethernet, then I go to my games, spotify etc, and, since my computer is reporting that there is no internet connectioneven though there is it boots me off saying that I have no internet, though for some reason...
  10. My Laptop Keeps Getting "No Internet Access" Message

My Laptop Keeps Getting "No Internet Access" Message: Hello everyone, My laptop keeps getting the "No Internet Access" message. I would connect to my router using Wi-Fi and after some time the message would appear on the small window which is used for connecting to networks. Then I would have to reconnect to the network and it...