Windows 10: my laptop isnt chargeing

Discus and support my laptop isnt chargeing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; what are other ways to charge my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JessicaMyers3, Mar 5, 2021.

1. my laptop isnt chargeing

what are other ways to charge my laptop

:)

JessicaMyers3, Mar 5, 2021

2. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

my laptop isnt chargeing pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

my laptop isnt chargeing pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 5, 2021
  4. my laptop isnt chargeing

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

my laptop isnt chargeing

1. my laptop isnt chargeing - Similar Threads - laptop isnt chargeing

2. Why isnt my computer charging by USB-C?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isnt my computer charging by USB-C?: I left my phone charger at a friends house and had to charge my phone through my laptop via USB-C. The morning after I plugged in my laptop through the same USB-C there is only 1 and it will no longer charge. The cable works since I plugged in a different device and its...
  3. Why isnt my computer charging by USB-C?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isnt my computer charging by USB-C?: I left my phone charger at a friends house and had to charge my phone through my laptop via USB-C. The morning after I plugged in my laptop through the same USB-C there is only 1 and it will no longer charge. The cable works since I plugged in a different device and its...
  4. Charge my laptop without the charging port.

Charge my laptop without the charging port.: So my charging port just broke, and it'll take many months that I don't have to fix it. I have critical files I need to save, then I'll repair them later. My laptop's at 0 percent, and I need to have a charging source that isn't from the charging port. Is there a way to...
  5. My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected: Charger is ok, battery is new. When charger is connected, the battery isnt draining and laptop is working normally, but the battery doesnt charge....
  6. My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected: Charger is ok, battery is new. When charger is connected, the battery isnt draining and laptop is working normally, but the battery doesnt charge....
  7. My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected

8. MY DELL INSPIRON LAPTOP ISNT CHARGING...IT SAYS 0%CHARGING PLZ HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY DELL INSPIRON LAPTOP ISNT CHARGING...IT SAYS 0%CHARGING PLZ HELP: MY DELL INSPIRON LAPTOP ISNT CHARGING...IT SAYS 0%CHARGING PLZ HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-inspiron-laptop-isnt-chargingit-says/03d0b7ed-4d52-4e1f-bc3e-cc22a827e77e
  9. My Laptop Keyboard Isnt Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Laptop Keyboard Isnt Working: So One Day My Friend Wanted Me To See His New Keyboard and see how it felt because he really liked it and the next day when i checked my Device Manager I Had Like 10 Different Keyboards so i was uninstalling the extra once and i think i uninstalled my laptop keyboard i anyone...
  10. My pc isnt getting 100% charging.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My pc isnt getting 100% charging.: Automatically shut downs when battery 30% . Give me solution for this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-isnt-getting-100-charging/50d09558-46e7-4213-880d-1736b00b87b4