Windows 10: My laptop isn't charging

Discus and support My laptop isn't charging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; what are other ways to charge my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-isnt-charging/6ab91ba3-1083-435c-8b80-59393f11a33d Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JessicaMyers3, Mar 5, 2021.

1. My laptop isn't charging

what are other ways to charge my laptop

:)

JessicaMyers3, Mar 5, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

My laptop isn't charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 5, 2021
  4. My laptop isn't charging

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

My laptop isn't charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

My laptop isn't charging

1. My laptop isn't charging - Similar Threads - laptop isn't charging

2. Why isn't my computer charging?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my computer charging?: When I plug in my charger, it says that my charger has to be at least 45 watts, but my charger is 65.0 watts, so I don't know, and it's not charging my computer yet, even though it has the charging icon....
  3. Why isn't my computer charging?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't my computer charging?: When I plug in my charger, it says that my charger has to be at least 45 watts, but my charger is 65.0 watts, so I don't know, and it's not charging my computer yet, even though it has the charging icon....
  4. Charge my laptop without the charging port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charge my laptop without the charging port.: So my charging port just broke, and it'll take many months that I don't have to fix it. I have critical files I need to save, then I'll repair them later. My laptop's at 0 percent, and I need to have a charging source that isn't from the charging port. Is there a way to...
  5. Charge my laptop without the charging port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Charge my laptop without the charging port.: So my charging port just broke, and it'll take many months that I don't have to fix it. I have critical files I need to save, then I'll repair them later. My laptop's at 0 percent, and I need to have a charging source that isn't from the charging port. Is there a way to...
  6. Charge my laptop without the charging port.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PC isn't charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC isn't charging: PC Dell USB-C charger isn't charging anymore, the indicator light still shows to be on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-isnt-charging/651d5973-646c-4ab5-97e1-60bd547661a4
  8. Laptop isn't charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop isn't charging: Hello, about 2 days ago my Acer Aspire 5 laptop has stopped charging and the power and battery light blink quickly whenever I try to charge the laptop. When I keep the charger plugged into the laptop but disconnect it from the outlet it continues to blink and not charge for a...
  9. Laptop isn't charging past 10%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop isn't charging past 10%: Hey guys, I bought my Acer Nitro 5 last week, and I just noticed last night that my laptop isn't charging past 10%. It says "plugged in, charging" but appears to be 'maintenance' charging at 10%, as it doesn't charge above or below it. I have Windows 10. How can I fix this?...
  10. Battery charging on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery charging on my laptop: I have an Asus vivo Pro laptop, and, yet AGAIN, after another windows update, I find myself looking for solutions for a battery net charging to 100 percent issue. Please Microsoft, stop screwing with my battery level settings or I will buy an Apple product. Windows 10 Sucks...