Windows 10: My laptop isn't detecting any Wi-Fi networks.

Discus and support My laptop isn't detecting any Wi-Fi networks. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So as the title says my windows 10 laptop cant detect any wifi networks (neither mine and my neighbours). My computer was recently on service repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by musava_ribica, Nov 21, 2019.

1. My laptop isn't detecting any Wi-Fi networks.

So as the title says my windows 10 laptop cant detect any wifi networks (neither mine and my neighbours).

My computer was recently on service repair because of overheating and thermal throttling. I got it back now and this problem happened.

While searching I read about reinstalling / rolling back drivers. Im not familiar with any of these, but in the Device Manager under Network adapters I see these:

• Realtek Gaming GBE Family Controller

• Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter

• WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

•the remaining ones are also WAN miniports and the text in the () is IP , IPv6, L2TP, Network Monitor, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and I dont know which one to select.

So, 10 in total.

I tried restarting my router and I performed a Network reset on my laptop, neither worked.

My laptop is HP Pavilion

:)

musava_ribica, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Fungerspo Win User

Can't detect any Wi-Fi network

Hi,

My Laptop(Lenovo ideapad 310-14IKB) suddenly can't detect any Wi-Fi networks. I can confirm that the Wi-Fi network appears as public on my phone. Troubleshooter can't fix this problem automatically but instead spews out this error :

There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter

Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter.

So far, I've took these steps to try fix the problem without resetting my laptop:

• Reinstalling driver. Both newest from manufacturer website and rolled back version.
    • Network reset on Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network Reset.
    • Disabling IP Helper on services.msc
    • `netsh winsock reset` and restart
    • TCP/IP stack reset
    • Disabling DHCP Broadcast Flag for my Wi-Fi adapter
    Is there anymore things that I can do to fix this?

PS: My Wi-Fi is 2.4Ghz and my laptop can detect both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz before this error.

Fungerspo, Nov 21, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    laptop doesn't detect any wi-fi networks at all.

Does your laptop connect ok via ethernet?
    Please post a photo or screenshot of Device Manager like this:

My laptop isn't detecting any Wi-Fi networks. [​IMG]

Please work through
    Fix: No Wifi Networks Found in Windows 10 - Appuals.com

I remain concerned about your having tried all manner of settings.

Try Tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool. Work through the steps in turn.
    Select only repairs 13, 25,26

dalchina, Nov 21, 2019
  4. johnny234 Win User

My laptop isn't detecting any Wi-Fi networks.

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

My laptop isn't detecting any Wi-Fi networks.

1. My laptop isn't detecting any Wi-Fi networks. - Similar Threads - laptop isn't detecting

2. Device Not Detecting Wi-Fi Networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Not Detecting Wi-Fi Networks: I have an HP Omen 16 laptop running Windows 11. I just bought it last month. So far everything with it is great, except randomly it won’t detect Wi-Fi networks. Everything will seem fine and it will suddenly disconnect. A simple restart fixes the issue. It’s more annoying...
  3. Device Not Detecting Wi-Fi Networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Not Detecting Wi-Fi Networks: I have an HP Omen 16 laptop running Windows 11. I just bought it last month. So far everything with it is great, except randomly it won’t detect Wi-Fi networks. Everything will seem fine and it will suddenly disconnect. A simple restart fixes the issue. It’s more annoying...
  4. Laptop cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks after Windows update: My laptop did some basic windows updates this morning 6th May. Pending restart hasn't been able to connect to Wi-Fi with no available networks discoverable. I've uninstalled the updates, I've done a recovery reset and troubleshooting, all to no avail! Has anyone else had this...
  5. Laptop cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks after Windows update: My laptop did some basic windows updates this morning 6th May. Pending restart hasn't been able to connect to Wi-Fi with no available networks discoverable. I've uninstalled the updates, I've done a recovery reset and troubleshooting, all to no avail! Has anyone else had this...
  6. Laptop cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Laptop not seeing any Wi-Fi networks at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not seeing any Wi-Fi networks at all: So I got a BSoD for MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (Which has hapoened before, but that's not what I'm here for) yesterday, and after restarting my computer, i got an icon with a red X, a monitor, anf a cable instead of the usual WiFi icon. I spent all day trying to fix it, to no avail....
  8. laptop doesn't detect any wi-fi networks at all.

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop doesn't detect any wi-fi networks at all.: my wi-fi is working perfectly on my phone and console, but my piece of junk laptop doesn't see any wi-fi networks whatsoever. all that i get is this icon with a red X, a monitor, and a cable. also, using ethernet cables is out of question. 114361
  9. laptop doesn't detect any wi-fi networks at all.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    laptop doesn't detect any wi-fi networks at all.: i've tried changimg literally all the settings there were, using a system restore point and resetting my net card (is that a word? sorry, i suck at english.) but it gave me nothing. sometimes i hate this piece of utter garbage. 114313
  10. laptop doesn't detect any wi-fi networks at all.

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop doesn't detect any wi-fi networks at all.: i've tried changimg literally all the settings there were, using a system restore point and resetting my net card (is that a word? sorry, i suck at english.) but it gave me nothing. sometimes i hate this piece of utter garbage. 114313