Windows 10: My laptop isn't recognising my headphones

Discus and support My laptop isn't recognising my headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop doesn't recognize my headset. When I plug it in it asks me what audio device I plugged in, I choose headset then click OK. But no sound plays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by desbest, Jan 7, 2021.

1. desbest Win User

My laptop isn't recognising my headphones

My laptop doesn't recognize my headset. When I plug it in it asks me what audio device I plugged in, I choose headset then click OK. But no sound plays while it's plugged in and Playback Devices says that the headphones aren't plugged in.

I have installed the latest Audio driver from the Acer website and it doesn't help. Restarting the Audio Service and running the Audio Troubleshooter also doesn't work as it says no headset is plugged in.

It also fails to work using the Microsoft generic audio driver.

I'm using Windows 10 20H2 and Aspire A315-56

I ran the playing audio troubleshooter and got this error.

My laptop isn't recognising my headphones 2c6882e6-fe09-42cd-bfa2-f6bb792c6868?upload=true.png

My laptop isn't recognising my headphones cc8f48ba-836b-4278-85f9-b3378066a91e?upload=true.gif

:)

desbest, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Sigurd Win User

Bluetooth not recognising headphones

Bluetooth on my PC recognises, pairs with and works with an ear piece headphone/mic.
    Bluetooth on my Smartphone recognises, pairs with and works with an Ausdom headphone.
    Therefore all hardware works.

However, PC Bluetooth will not recognise, let alone pair with, Ausdom headphone.

I have tried re-boots, turning Bluetooth on/off, uninstalling, re-loading drivers, etc. I have run out of ideas.

Any suggestions please?

Sigurd, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 7, 2021
  4. My laptop isn't recognising my headphones

Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

My laptop isn't recognising my headphones

1. My laptop isn't recognising my headphones - Similar Threads - laptop isn't recognising

2. My harddrive isn't recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My harddrive isn't recognised: I got an error "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". So I referred to every possible solution on Microsoft Answers, google, and youtube. But none of them worked for me.I tried to install new Windows using a bootable USB pen drive. And there I got another error saying " No device drivers...
  3. My harddrive isn't recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My harddrive isn't recognised: I got an error "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". So I referred to every possible solution on Microsoft Answers, google, and youtube. But none of them worked for me.I tried to install new Windows using a bootable USB pen drive. And there I got another error saying " No device drivers...
  4. Why isn't my Windows 11 laptop able to recognise and connect to my bluetooth headphones ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my Windows 11 laptop able to recognise and connect to my bluetooth headphones ?: I have bought Hesh Evo Skull Candy headphones recently. They connect with ease to my phone but for some reason I can't connect them to my laptop. They do not come up when I click add new device in Settings > Bluetooth & devices. I have tried troubleshooting Playing Audio....
  5. Why isn't my Windows 11 laptop able to recognise and connect to my bluetooth headphones ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't my Windows 11 laptop able to recognise and connect to my bluetooth headphones ?: I have bought Hesh Evo Skull Candy headphones recently. They connect with ease to my phone but for some reason I can't connect them to my laptop. They do not come up when I click add new device in Settings > Bluetooth & devices. I have tried troubleshooting Playing Audio....
  6. Laptop not recognising headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not recognising headphones: Hi,So 2 days ago when I plugged in my headphones into my laptop to play some music, I noticed that the sound was coming out of the laptop speakers and not the headphones. And so from then on I visited multiple forums to try and fins out how to fix this problem I have. I have...
  7. My laptop isn't recognising my headphones

My laptop isn't recognising my headphones: My laptop doesn't recognize my headset. When I plug it in it asks me what audio device I plugged in, I choose headset then click OK. But no sound plays while it's plugged in and Playback Devices says that the headphones aren't plugged in. I have installed the latest Audio...
  8. My headphones recognises as speaker

My headphones recognises as speaker: Hello, some time ago, i bought wireless headphones with USB connection Razer Nari Essential. My Computer recognises it as speaker and i do not know what to do, i tried everything. Can somebody please help me?...
  9. My webcam isn't recognised

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My webcam isn't recognised: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrsFrizzleGaveMePCP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftpapx/my_webcam_isnt_recognised/
  10. My Laptop's Inbuilt Camera Isn't Recognised By My Computer Anymore

My Laptop's Inbuilt Camera Isn't Recognised By My Computer Anymore: My Dell Latitude 3350's inbuilt camera isn't recognised by the Windows 10 Camera App. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptops-inbuilt-camera-isnt-recognised-by-my/00ca165a-7768-4d9e-b34f-f81930b91d5b