Windows 10: My laptop isn't recognizing its own speakers barring the ones in the weird controllers...

Discus and support My laptop isn't recognizing its own speakers barring the ones in the weird controllers... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So there I was, attempting to fix an issue with my audio not working. I decided, as it had worked several times before, to restart my computer.My first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hayden Keays, Jan 6, 2022.

1. My laptop isn't recognizing its own speakers barring the ones in the weird controllers...

So there I was, attempting to fix an issue with my audio not working. I decided, as it had worked several times before, to restart my computer.My first mistake.After doing that, my speaker icon on the taskbar merely has a red X in front of it, and when I go to my sound settings, it doesn't detect any of my audio devices, at all. They're just not there anymore. Greg Carmack, my savior, I call out to you.Or, you know, anyone else who can help. I need this fixed, preferably quickly, because I need to go to school.

:)

Hayden Keays, Jan 6, 2022

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 6, 2022
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 6, 2022
  4. My laptop isn't recognizing its own speakers barring the ones in the weird controllers...

Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

My laptop isn't recognizing its own speakers barring the ones in the weird controllers...

1. My laptop isn't recognizing its own speakers barring the ones in the weird controllers... - Similar Threads - laptop isn't recognizing

2. Laptop recognizing its own monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop recognizing its own monitor: Hello, my laptop recently stopped recognizing its own screen as a monitor. The only way to use it is to plug it into a secondary external monitor via an hdmi cord. I checked an ensured that the drivers were up to date and tried booting it in safe mode to no avail. So, I'm...
  3. Laptop recognizing its own monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop recognizing its own monitor: Hello, my laptop recently stopped recognizing its own screen as a monitor. The only way to use it is to plug it into a secondary external monitor via an hdmi cord. I checked an ensured that the drivers were up to date and tried booting it in safe mode to no avail. So, I'm...
  4. My laptop doesnt recognize its own speakers, how can i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesnt recognize its own speakers, how can i fix this?: I made a complete windows reset with data deletion and when the laptop booted back up the audio wasnt working.These are my current sound drivers:I tried installing intel high definition driver from the official hp drivers and software but it gives this error:I also tried...
  5. My laptop doesnt recognize its own speakers, how can i fix this?

My laptop doesnt recognize its own speakers, how can i fix this?: I made a complete windows reset with data deletion and when the laptop booted back up the audio wasnt working.These are my current sound drivers:I tried installing intel high definition driver from the official hp drivers and software but it gives this error:I also tried...
  6. My laptop isn't recognizing its own speakers barring the ones in the weird controllers...

My laptop isn't recognizing its own speakers barring the ones in the weird controllers...: So there I was, attempting to fix an issue with my audio not working. I decided, as it had worked several times before, to restart my computer.My first mistake.After doing that, my speaker icon on the taskbar merely has a red X in front of it, and when I go to my sound...
  7. My laptop isn't recognizing its own speakers barring the ones in the weird controllers...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop isn't recognizing its own speakers barring the ones in the weird controllers...: So there I was, attempting to fix an issue with my audio not working. I decided, as it had worked several times before, to restart my computer.My first mistake.After doing that, my speaker icon on the taskbar merely has a red X in front of it, and when I go to my sound...
  8. my computer doesn't seem to recognize its own speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer doesn't seem to recognize its own speakers: last week I updated windows and since then the speakers on my computer haven't worked.I think the problem is that my computer doesn't recognize its speakers because they don't appear in any "output devices" list....
  9. my computer doesn't seem to recognize its own speakers

my computer doesn't seem to recognize its own speakers: last week I updated windows and since then the speakers on my computer haven't worked.I think the problem is that my computer doesn't recognize its speakers because they don't appear in any "output devices" list....
  10. my laptop wont recognize its own speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop wont recognize its own speakers: ok so back in 2018 I was having trouble factory resetting my ASUS transformer laptop due to windows updates taking all the memory and that cause the laptop to not factory reset so I used the microsoft remote help and the person on the other end tried deleting system files and...