Windows 10: My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.

Discus and support My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; sometimes when i turn on my laptop the indicators light up but the screen remains black then i have to long press power button for shutdown and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kiyotakaa, Mar 12, 2024.

1. kiyotakaa Win User

My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.

sometimes when i turn on my laptop the indicators light up but the screen remains black then i have to long press power button for shutdown and then turn it on again for it to work. i have updated all the drivers so the issue shouldn't be there. is it a windows issue? what can i do to fix it as its becoming a bit annoying. asus tuf a15 2021 rtx 3070 model.

:)

kiyotakaa, Mar 12, 2024

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 12, 2024
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Mar 12, 2024
  4. My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.

Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Mar 12, 2024
Thema:

My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.

1. My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown. - Similar Threads - laptop isn't turning

2. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop turns on again after shutdown: the pop up appears when I try to shut down my laptop, I've done it like on youtube but it still doesn't work. please help me thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-on-again-after-shutdown/41e4c375-7784-48eb-a93b-807388220b21
  3. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns on again after shutdown: the pop up appears when I try to shut down my laptop, I've done it like on youtube but it still doesn't work. please help me thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-on-again-after-shutdown/41e4c375-7784-48eb-a93b-807388220b21
  4. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown: my laptop was working fine until suddenly, when fast startup is on, whenever i click shut down, my laptop, after shutting down, automatically boots right back up? how to fix this issue?...
  6. Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown

Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown: my laptop was working fine until suddenly, when fast startup is on, whenever i click shut down, my laptop, after shutting down, automatically boots right back up? how to fix this issue?...
  7. My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.: sometimes when i turn on my laptop the indicators light up but the screen remains black then i have to long press power button for shutdown and then turn it on again for it to work. i have updated all the drivers so the issue shouldn't be there. is it a windows issue? what...
  8. Why isn't my laptop turning on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my laptop turning on?: Whenever I try to turn on my laptop it doesn't want to. I've tried taking out the battery and plugging in the charger and then swapping them but they both won't work. I also held the power button for a min each time I would swap. I don't know what do, please help...
  9. Why isn't my laptop turning on?

Why isn't my laptop turning on?: Whenever I try to turn on my laptop it doesn't want to. I've tried taking out the battery and plugging in the charger and then swapping them but they both won't work. I also held the power button for a min each time I would swap. I don't know what do, please help...
  10. Laptop keyboard not turning on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard not turning on after shutdown: Hi there, I've been noticing a really weird issue with my ASUS laptop keyboard - the keyboard just sometimes doesn't work. Sometimes, the keyboard does not respond at all after start up backlight is off, keys are unresponsive, etc. I've logged in and checked under Device...